Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be nice if they weren't at the same damn time too, huh. Couple weeks apart the past two times, when we all know a Celebration should be in May! That's probably the worst part for a fat freak like me, convention in Florida in August! We were actually dodging a hurricane on the last day at CVI. I suppose they get a better rate on the convention center that way though...

Be nice if they weren't at the same damn time too, huh. Couple weeks apart the past two times, when we all know a Celebration should be in May! That's probably the worst part for a fat freak like me, convention in Florida in August! We were actually dodging a hurricane on the last day at CVI. I suppose they get a better rate on the convention center that way though...

Timing is a big issue. May to July isn't great but it's better than July/August.

So that one time we met face to face at the ice cream shop was it?:( :monkey2

It's just too difficult nowadays, plus I thought you were winding down too after the Hobbit releases?

We'll always have Ghirardellis. ;)

I'm so glad I went that year because I got to meet you, Sam, Jen, Lonnie, Lance, Josh, Kuzeh, and many others. But that dinner and ice cream trip was a fitting and bittersweet end to my San Diego convention years.

The panels can mostly be posted but it would require a ton of resources from a group that is predominately a volunteer organization. As for the Hall H & Ballroom 20 panels, the studios won't allow that. It was suggested that they run the panels twice or post them online and the rep from SDCC said the movie studios are not trying to hear it. They think the more exposure the panels have, the less controlled the environment becomes.

For a non-profit organization, they sure make a lot of non-profit. In less than 5 years ticket prices have more than tripled in price. Inflation can't even account for that. And as big as the show has gotten, San Diego needs to bend over backwards to SDCC to keep it in San Diego, so costs shouldn't be going up for the con organizers either.

And SDCC has gotten to the point where they can make the demands to the studios, not the other way around. Just tell then whatever you bring will be posted in its entirety on our website for attendees after the con. Its to he point where studios really can't skip the show because of the great cost-effective publicity it gives them. SDCC needs to grow a pair and start making demands of the studios and city. They don't need either anymore and if they want to keep the con they need to earn it now.

For a non-profit organization, they sure make a lot of non-profit. In less than 5 years ticket prices have more than tripled in price. Inflation can't even account for that. And as big as the show has gotten, San Diego needs to bend over backwards to SDCC to keep it in San Diego, so costs shouldn't be going up for the con organizers either.

And SDCC has gotten to the point where they can make the demands to the studios, not the other way around. Just tell then whatever you bring will be posted in its entirety on our website for attendees after the con. Its to he point where studios really can't skip the show because of the great cost-effective publicity it gives them. SDCC needs to grow a pair and start making demands of the studios and city. They don't need either anymore and if they want to keep the con they need to earn it now.

CCI's books are wide open if anybody wants to go looking. I've seen the numbers and it's not that impressive. Not sure how people come up with all sorts or irrational opinions:dunno

All of the panels are replayed on site, without the advanced screening stuff, and almost every panel is available on youtube. Rooms are loaded with people filming. The studios just don't want the preview stuff getting out.

But I'm going anyway:monkey3

CCI's books are wide open if anybody wants to go looking. I've seen the numbers and it's not that impressive. Not sure how people come up with all sorts or irrational opinions:dunno

All of the panels are replayed on site, without the advanced screening stuff, and almost every panel is available on youtube. Rooms are loaded with people filming. The studios just don't want the preview stuff getting out.

But I'm going anyway:monkey3

For the small time windows per year they have to make money, it is pretty impressive. It is not like there is a con every day for 365 days a year.

Certainly get what you're saying, and a LOT of people make that argument to CCI, especially the ole tymers, but CCI has repeatedly stated that this is simply not the case. The studios own all of what they bring to SDCC and the relationship is they are honored guest of SDCC, not simply exhibitors to be dictated terms. Now the folks on the comic book end of the hall... you ask them what their terms are and you'll start to see the clear difference!

The hotels that go for sale later this month is the most frustrating part for me.

The prices seem to have gone up across the board but they aren't that bad.

For the small time windows per year they have to make money, it is pretty impressive. It is not like there is a con every day for 365 days a year.

Well, I suppose if you look at it that way. It does take a year of planning though. I just meant, they're not really anywhere close to what some of their Hollywood panels are going to make on opening day.

Back