Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he really needs to squeeze a Huntress in there somewhere. She gets no love from DC.

Agreed! A Huntress would be SWEET!

Agreed. I hope they use the ultra sexy Jim Lee costume though, even though it's an AH! line. Does that make sense? lol

That would make a Huntress statue drool-licious :drool :drool :drool

Damn you Poison Ivy!! :banghead :lol Well as long as she's in the works that's all that matters to me. I'd like her to come out as soon as possible but as long as she's made. Batgirl could find herself on my shelves too. :D

Batgirl in her black costume would have a special place on one of my shelves too!

I wish I was able to just pick and choose, but as you can tell by my panhandle, I need them all lol

:lol :lol :lol

The interview with Georg Brewer made my day when he said that Supergirl & Batgirl were in the works! :blissy

I found this on Adam Hughes devinat art page. Not sure if this was mentioned yet, didn't see it, but she looks great!
https://adamhughes.deviantart.com/art/Harley-Quinn-Statue-132652709

Niiiiice! :naughty

I can hear Harley now..."Oooooh Mista Jaaaaayyy!" :lol
Harley_Quinn_Statue_by_AdamHughes.jpg

i'm not into harley, but the expression and pose are pretty cute. this may just be the best range of statues coming out the AH! portfolio. even better than the marvel ladies, in terms of capturing the facial features. too bad about the weird scale.

is the catwoman still on target for an october release? haven't seen any pics of it recently. wasn't it on display at sdcc09?

hopefully it will expand beyond an AH line. I for one wouldn't mind seeing a Michael turner Supergirl.

I wonder if there's a licensing or permissions issue if they tried to do a Michael Turner --- being that he's dead. Will his estate be the one to make that permission call?

I'm sure Adam can do a kickass Super Girl, but I wonder if it'll be the one where she's sitting on an asteroid, or if he plans to do a separate one?

The question now becomes, where would you find the artwork that would go with these statues? Leading up to Harley Quinn, all the statues to date were based on an existing cover.

I wonder if there's a licensing or permissions issue if they tried to do a Michael Turner --- being that he's dead. Will his estate be the one to make that permission call?

If DC was to pursue some of Turner's artwork for a statue line I'd assume that his estate/heirs would have to give permission.

I'm sure Adam can do a kickass Super Girl, but I wonder if it'll be the one where she's sitting on an asteroid, or if he plans to do a separate one?

The question now becomes, where would you find the artwork that would go with these statues? Leading up to Harley Quinn, all the statues to date were based on an existing cover.

I think it's been stated somewhere that Harley, Poison Ivy, Supergirl & Batgirl are new character designs.

Allison (Darth Saffron) could asnwer this better. :D

If DC was to pursue some of Turner's artwork for a statue line I'd assume that his estate/heirs would have to give permission.

They've already done a Turner Supergirl.

I think it's been stated somewhere that Harley, Poison Ivy, Supergirl & Batgirl are new character designs.

Allison (Darth Saffron) could asnwer this better. :D[/QUOTE]

Harley is more than a design - they showed the proto.

Last edited:

Poison Ivy is more than a design - they showed the proto.[/QUOTE]

so is Ivy going to come out before Supergirl and Batgirl then? I would love to see it.

Poison Ivy is more than a design - they showed the proto.

How come nobody took a pic of the proto? I want to see her!

Last edited:
A Michael Turner Supergirl has already been made by DC.

DC%20Girl%20Shelf%20top.jpg

you guys keep saying that like another can't be produced. :D

I have it in my collection too:

IMG_1113.jpg

I just prefer Turners version to AH's take on her. I have the AH bust and have seen the AH Supergirl on asteroid and have not been impressed with either version. Thats not to say a statue made by him won't be completely awesome, I'm just saying I prefer Turners version. Same way I prefer a Jim Lee Batman compared to most artists.

you guys keep saying that like another can't be produced. :D

I have it in my collection too:

IMG_1113.jpg

I just prefer Turners version to AH's take on her. I have the AH bust and have seen the AH Supergirl on asteroid and have not been impressed with either version. Thats not to say a statue made by him won't be completely awesome, I'm just saying I prefer Turners version. Same way I prefer a Jim Lee Batman compared to most artists.

They won't make another Turner Supergirl because she has already be done in that form, they are making an AH! Supergirl cause he is the hottest artist right now and probably for awhile to come.

They won't make another Turner Supergirl because she has already be done in that form, they are making an AH! Supergirl cause he is the hottest artist right now and probably for awhile to come.

I don't know about the "hottest" artist right now but he's certainly one of the most talented artists working today for sure! DC Direct has already done a couple of Turner inspired pieces, the Supergirl statue and also the Identity Crisis line of figures were all based on Tuner's art.

I don't know about the "hottest" artist right now but he's certainly one of the most talented artists working today for sure! DC Direct has already done a couple of Turner inspired pieces, the Supergirl statue and also the Identity Crisis line of figures were all based on Tuner's art.

Only Flash & Supergirl, I seriously don't think they will make another Supergirl Statue by Turner.

Yeah, I figured there'd be more but I was noting in this thread to combat this blast from the past when I said I wanted a Mary Marvel in this line:

Well, I think they're limited to existing art by AH! as he's not working with DC Direct anymore.

Hiya Dave! :wave

Now give me a MARY MARVEL!!!

90700181957marymarvelsu.jpg

Back