Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SUMM3R15 August $20 code

I'm all for some SW spooktacular deals

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SUMM3R15 August $20 code

Word. If you had managed to get a break you screwed yourself posting about it here. :lol

When+you+correct+your+teachers+mistake_309580_3728969.gif

Well....boo, here I was just trying to let people know that it worked on a few pre-orders so they could pre-order with discounts too. That's about right, try to do something nice and completely screw myself in the process.

it's all good, it's nothing we all haven't tried ourselves. If something goes your way it's always best to act like nothing happened.

Well....boo, here I was just trying to let people know that it worked on a few pre-orders so they could pre-order with discounts too. That's about right, try to do something nice and completely screw myself in the process.

The thought was there, and if it's any consolation, Sideshow would've found out about it and fixed it even without you posting it here. Probably better you know in advance!

The thought was there, and if it's any consolation, Sideshow would've found out about it and fixed it even without you posting it here. Probably better you know in advance!

Fair enough, and ultimately, if $20 were that big of an issue, we probably wouldn't be buying hot toys to begin with. oh well.

If the Tauntaun gets some spook deals I may have to pick it up.

The TaunTaun is a cool piece but sadly I don't think the Hoth figures are worth owning to go with it.

With Hot Toys doing Star Wars figures too howcan Sideshow compete?

I would agree but the SSC Maul looks fantastic. Doubt HT could do much better. Of course Maul might be the exception

And maul is nothing more than a proto. Ssc usually don't get any better than their proto :(

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

With Hot Toys doing Star Wars figures too howcan Sideshow compete?

Because Sideshow is responsible for the majority of Hot Toys sales? Because Hot Toys distributes and sells Sideshow products? Because HT wouldn't have the license if it weren't for Sideshow? Because it's a symbiotic relationship and they split the figures they're working on? I'm sure someone can come up with a dozen more things to throw in here.

The paint on the Hoth figures is minimal and flat, but the figures overall are great. No regrets in owning them whatsoever.

I hear you pix, but if you look at what each company is doing one is superior to the other.

Except for that Hot Toys Chewie. I don't know what's up with that. The body is great, but that face! No matter how you futz it it's just wrong. And I understand the argument that it is the best Chewie we've gotten, but that still does not make it right. why pay for mediocre work ? All that does is tell the company that making a half passable figure is profitable.

I hear you pix, but if you look at what each company is doing one is superior to the other.

Pluses and minuses. I collect what I like, not simply because a certain company makes it. I wouldn't touch HT's Obi-Wan Kenobi for example but I will get their Chewbacca.

No need for obi if you have the sideshow repainted anyways. The Robe will end up better likely.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I wonder what will actually make it to Spook. I'm hoping for Mark 43, Wolverine, Batman armory again, Cap 2 pack for the Rogers fig, and AC Batman... But it might be too soon for him.

For someone brand new to collecting these, can you enlighten me as to what Spooktacular is? I assume it is some kind of deal, but I'm curious as to what it might be offering, or what kind of deals have there been in the past?

Basically it's around the last week of October and in the past Sideshow has given out codes for Rewards Points in addition to give aways and deals on certain figures. I think some people put too much stock into it personally as I don't think there's necessarily a guarantee that a bunch of stuff will end up heavily discounted. A lot of the stuff that was last year was slow moving items or things that were probably produced in such quantity that they had livestock to clear out.

Mike, I appreciate the response. I'll likely use this 30 off code to get my first hot toys(mk 43) while I wait to see if I get accepted from the wait list for the the exclusive mk 3. Thanks again.

Yeah, last year had several 30% off codes on slow moving items--mime joker, mandarin, Bruce banner, Tony stark mechanic?, and others that i can't remember. Mostly it seems like figures that if you really wanted you would already have purchased.

Back