Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they gouge on shipping very badly

Solution: Buy from someone else.

Speaking for myself, either this thread needs to be about codes and discounts at SSC or it needs to be renamed into the whining and complaint thread. I'm not interested in a thread shared for both purposes.

It's been too many straws for this camel.

When the SSC discounts are going to come with increased shipping cost nullifying a % of the discounts it is going to get discussion, part of the territory. The second name you mention could actually impact sideshow and lower the shipping costs eventually if they are not getting so many orders. Sitting back and taking cost increases is not going to help anyone. Maybe you can start a new thread called "Sideshow Apologists" :lol

Sorry Alice.

Solution: Buy from someone else.

Speaking for myself, either this thread needs to be about codes and discounts at SSC or it needs to be renamed into the whining and complaint thread. I'm not interested in a thread shared for both purposes.

It's been too many straws for this camel.

I often do.

Point considered regarding this thread in general but discussion here has always seemed to veer in different directions, I'm sure that you have at times contributed to this as well. Things would get pretty dull in here if chatter was limited to a once a month 8 character code post though.

Sideshow also enforces order minimum quantities to their retailers just like other companies and enforce penalties for low volume ordering. This is a big reason so many hobby stores will not carry their products. I've had this conversation with 5 or 6 shop owners over the last year that the minimum quantities are way to costly for a mom and pop to be able to sustain the working capital to buy from them.

The minimum is only $2500 USD per 12-month rolling period, it's hardly a blocker.

I am not saying you are wrong, but the shop owners I have talked to said they have to order at least 1 case of every release even if they don't want to for order minimums. They also have max orders but can go back and ask for more once initial allotments are out. They were talking minimum investment of around $50K in inventory a year. Now that may have changed but this is what was described to me.

The minimum is only $2500 USD per 12-month rolling period, it's hardly a blocker.

I have heard from shop owners it is much higher than that.

Sideshow also upped their wholesale prices a few years back from about 50 or 60% to 70% I believe. So margins are very low for other shops to carry their merchandise. Sideshow wants you ordering direct, so they have put measures in place on many fronts to encourage that - exclusives, discounts, promos, reward points and making it tougher for other stores to undercut them, as bbts used to be able to do regularly.

Places can still drop their price by up to 8%, from what I understand, you see that with a number of shops. Some seem to offer this on pre-orders and then ditch it when the product is in hand. But honestly I don't know how any shop sold a Hoth Han Solo figure at full price when Sideshow was selling theirs with an extra head sculpt and reward points and you could use a $20 coupon--and it took them 8 or 9 months to sell out of the figure with all that.

Yes the 8% is the contracted pre-order floor for the retailer agreement in the US. Now once a period of time has passed for in stock items they can obviously discount as much as they want over 50%. I'm looking at you Noland and Tonto. :lol

It wasn't a bad trade-off getting all those rewards codes instead of the November $20 coupon. Even if there was no December code you still should be ahead of the game. Does anyone know what the final tally of all available Spook and Cyber Week reward codes came to?

I ordered the Godzilla Statue using $220 in Reward Points.
Most of which were from codes as I rarely order direct due to high import duty.

I also got my Machiko at half price from previous years :D

Stinks. No codes means less ordering from SS. Without the $20 November code I ordered Kenobi from midtown comics. Without December code I'll likely look elsewhere for some of the other upcoming figures--already pre-ordered Vader from PopCultcha.

Luke X-wing seems to be going for 20% off already on eBay auctions, maybe I'll get him there.

I honestly RARELY use the monthly code. It basically just offsets shipping. I'd much, much rather have RPs than a monthly code but that's just me.

Back