Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

If I could use the $20 code and my rewards points, I'd buy a figure right now. Silly to me that you can't. I also think you should still get rewards points if you use a coupon code, on the remaining / actual money that you spend. But that's just me.

I agree 100%!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

I also think you should still get rewards points if you use a coupon code, on the remaining / actual money that you spend. But that's just me.

You're the voice of a generation - that's everyone! :hi5:

I'm playing the long game with my current stash of points. Here's how it breaks down for me right now. This is all I'm interested from Sideshow for calendar 2014:

1 in-stock item around $300
1 pre-order item available within 30 days around $150
2 pre-order items available in the fall at $200 and $350
1 pre-order item available in the winter around $200

So what to do… I won't buy any of them without using some kind of discount. I'll probably use the points on the first one, though I'm waiting it out as long as possible on the off chance I can score some additional points or I see someone reselling the item for a great price where I can better use the points elsewhere. The in-stock item is the only "danger" item where I have to keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't sell out.

They give away free figs in pack outs, so I'm not sure what the reasoning is on being so tight with the promo codes. Surely they'd rather make some money than no money at all? If economics is a factor, change the RP payouts or something.

Not earning RP on the cash payout balance when using gift cards or coupons sucks. The face value of the coupon is reduced by the loss in rp points you would normally get on the transaction. Thus the total savings eg $25 of is really $25 off less lost RP by using coupon. I was going to buy spiderman using thr $25 gift card. Total is 204.99 +15.58 shipping -25 gift card for a total of 196 and some change. If i dont use gift card my total is $220 but i lose $10.93 in points. 220-10.00 is 210 total cost. So a $25 ssc gift card actual "saves" only $14 bucks (210-196). Gift value - loss in rp points = savings. If we earned points on the cash balance paid out then we would get the full value of the gift cert.

Item the earn rp more then the gift card result in losses to the customer the way they have it set up now. Who would use a $25 coupon and lose out on $30 rp??

If the coupon is worth less than the RP don't use it.
Pretty simple really.

There are people who don't intend on ordering anything else making RP useless.

I had no idea you didn't get reward points on items you buy with a monthly coupon or promo card. That's disappointing. Now I need to figure out if the points I have are worth more than the collect14 coupon. If so, then blah.

I had no idea you didn't get reward points on items you buy with a monthly coupon or promo card. That's disappointing. Now I need to figure out if the points I have are worth more than the collect14 coupon. If so, then blah.
You are not alone. Its misleading at checkout because they show the RP you will get even though you don't get it lol. You have to click the link by the amount of RP which takes you to the terms which basically reads if you use this gift card, certificate, coupon etc you lose all points u would have earned

The question becomes is it worth it to not use the coupon to add, what 10-12 bucks to your rewards, or save $20 on an item? I gotta go with save $20 on this one I guess.

You are not alone. Its misleading at checkout because they show the RP you will get even though you don't get it lol. You have to click the link by the amount of RP which takes you to the terms which basically reads if you use this gift card, certificate, coupon etc you lose all points u would have earned
It should also be on the T&C of the coupon.

The question becomes is it worth it to not use the coupon to add, what 10-12 bucks to your rewards, or save $20 on an item? I gotta go with save $20 on this one I guess.

B.b.but your not saving $20 if you lose $10 in Rp. Your only saving $10, its still $10 I'll take in that scenario but its more the principle of the matter that bugs me. As the other poster said if you only buy 1 item from SSC and never again its a better savings

B.b.but your not saving $20 if you lose $10 in Rp. Your only saving $10, its still $10 I'll take in that scenario but its more the principle of the matter that bugs me. As the other poster said if you only buy 1 item from SSC and never again its a better savings
Not really. It's basically Sideshow just giving you the Rewards Points straight up and you using them. You aren't losing anything and are still getting a discount plus some in a lot of cases. You just have to be sure to check that the value of the coupon isn't less than the Rewards Points you'd normally gain.

Having people only buy one item and not return for future purchases is koine of the opposite of what a company like Sideshow should want. That said, coupons are created for returning shoppers - people who subscribe to their news letters and follow their releases.

Oh wow, I just got this in my email- I had them help to use the COLLECT14 coupon for Starboost and they mentioned that be aware, you won't get points if you use a discount. I replied that I understood and thanked them for the help in using the coupon last week, then just now I got this:

Please note, we have changed our policy on Friday about rewards points. You will now receive rewards points for the amount of the item you will be charged =)

Awesome news!!

Oh wow, I just got this in my email- I had them help to use the COLLECT14 coupon for Starboost and they mentioned that be aware, you won't get points if you use a discount. I replied that I understood and thanked them for the help in using the coupon last week, then just now I got this:

Please note, we have changed our policy on Friday about rewards points. You will now receive rewards points for the amount of the item you will be charged =)

Awesome news!!

Um... wut?

Hold on a second…. WHAT?!

Wow! I wonder if that is just for you or if that is going to be store wide? If so that's a huge change.

This could be the difference between ordering some items elsewhere or keeping all my orders at SSC.

Hmm.. I ordered an in stock item on Saturday with a coupon and did not get reward points. If it is a store wide change made on Friday they did not implement it yet.

Yeah, it's still in the rewards points TOS too.

Back