Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

Anyone here own that mime joker? Already own the 1989 (amazing) DX08 and I'm not sure if I NEED this one...

I have the mime Joker with my Dx joker..... It's an awesome piece and worth every penny.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

Dang, someone won both a Stark Mechanic AND a Mandarin on Twitter this morning.

And it wasn't you? When I saw what the contest entailed, I thought FOR SURE it was going to be you.

Yeah ai forgot to enter that contest. Had a bit too much fun last night and wasn't in any condition, which probably would have made for a great entry too lol, but I couldn't compete with some stuff people did.

Yeah, I won with the pic with my sons in it. Sweet prize!! Chicky really has some awesome contests on there.

Not only does Chicky have great prizes, but she has a LOT fewer followers than Susan, AND she often gives away multiple prizes. During the Super Bowl she was giving away a MoS figure. I entered, and because she liked my entry, I ended up getting a Jor El figure. Just like today with the Mandarin/Stark giveaway, I think 3-4 people won different stuff.

Not only does Chicky have great prizes, but she has a LOT fewer followers than Susan, AND she often gives away multiple prizes. During the Super Bowl she was giving away a MoS figure. I entered, and because she liked my entry, I ended up getting a Jor El figure. Just like today with the Mandarin/Stark giveaway, I think 3-4 people won different stuff.

I am in the wrong time zone to usually ever see this contests. I always find out after the fact.

I hate having to send pictures to enter contests, especially when I have to create something. I'm not that creative... I went all out for the Predator Choppa contest, using my ceiling fan as the helicopter blades, but nada. For the opening crawl of SW, I did a Brady Bunch theme, but she didn't even comment. Oh well. Here was my entry:
Here's a story... of an angry Jedi...
who didn't bring up two kids... of his own.
They were hid-den... by Obi-Wan...
So he was all alone...

I amused myself, so I guess that's all that matters...

Looking forward to a new March coupon... Hopefully we'll have one soon!

Looking forward to a new March coupon... Hopefully we'll have one soon!

Yes, I just need to get the crow and Spider man to be done for the year.

I am in the wrong time zone to usually ever see this contests. I always find out after the fact.

The Stark/Mandarin contest ran overnight, from maybe 6-7pm until 10am PST. ;)

So there is no cancel fee on flex pay now if you cancel before the first payment? I just talked to sideshow via live chat and had an item cancelled. Can SideshowAlex confrim?

I hate having to send pictures to enter contests, especially when I have to create something. I'm not that creative... I went all out for the Predator Choppa contest, using my ceiling fan as the helicopter blades, but nada. For the opening crawl of SW, I did a Brady Bunch theme, but she didn't even comment. Oh well. Here was my entry:
Here's a story... of an angry Jedi...
who didn't bring up two kids... of his own.
They were hid-den... by Obi-Wan...
So he was all alone...

I amused myself, so I guess that's all that matters...
I'm in the same boat; entered several contests, entries I thought were really good, but nada. Just gotta keep trying I guess. Susan has a contest now for War Machine Mark II.

It doesn't matter how good an entry is when the winner is chosen at random - which is how Susan chooses most winning submissions. Also don't forget to include the appropriate hashtag for the contest in your reply. None of this has helped ME yet of course. ;)

That's how I won my Harly Quinn fro, Chicky. She was giving away a batman pf, but liked my and two other entries, so added in a few prizes and decided to give me the 1/6 Harley. Just opened it last night too and there's nothing like a free figure!

It doesn't matter how good an entry is when the winner is chosen at random - which is how Susan chooses most winning submissions. Also don't forget to include the appropriate hashtag for the contest in your reply. None of this has helped ME yet of course. ;)
Susan, yes. But Chicky usually picks her favorite entries... She doesn't do random. I'll find something she likes eventually! I'm determined to please her!

Exactly. Most of Susan's contests are at random, with unlimited entries. But Chicky's contest winners are usually the best, as chosen by Chicky. And she'll often limit you to one entry.

As a side note, a couple of weeks ago Chicky had a contest and I sent in a photo of myself with two Starbucks employees. I won $50 in rewards points, and she even asked me to have the employees email her because they won something too. Pretty cool.

I didn't know about the unlimited entries on Susan's contests. I've only ever been submitting one entry… Not a fan of spamming, but I expect some people probably send 100 tweets for a single contest.

Back