Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to decide if I need a lforigno cape for my takara...

I've bought 3 from him already. :thud:

I just want to bump up this thread to let everyone know what an upstanding guy lforigno is. He is hands down the best seller I have ever dealt with online.

My cape did not arrive after almost two months and I pm lforigno about it. Immediately, without question, he sent me a new cape, which arrived yesterday (took a week this time).

Most online store or seller would have used the usual "I am not responsible for any lost item during shipping".

Since I am from a region where fraud is not uncommon, there is no reason for lforigno to trust me. I am however glad he did.

Do not hesitate to buy from him. His cape is fantastic and now my Batman looks 100% better. His cape makes the HT stock cape looks like cheap washcloth.

Awesome, just read that.
Way to go, Lance.
You really should be a rolemodel to other sellers, from the stories I´ve already read.
Respect.
:)

:gah: I can't decide if I want to spring for a Begins cape or not!

I honestly don't like the velvet cape on my DX02, but I really think it would work for Begins... but I can't be sure I would like that either! :panic:

Last call for capes... I want to get rid of the last of the material I have left. TDK capes 20 dollars... BEgins capes 30 dollars

hey Lance, I'm selling a few things and waiting for payment to arrive. I'll be down for a begins velvet if you could give me a little more time?

:gah: I can't decide if I want to spring for a Begins cape or not!

I honestly don't like the velvet cape on my DX02, but I really think it would work for Begins... but I can't be sure I would like that either! :panic:

Mag, just do it, man.
One more won´t hurt and when you´re sure it´ll look great on the OC, go for it...

Aw damn! Wish I would've waited until now to get my begins cape... I haven't even put it on my OC bats yet because of the process I would have to go through!

Aw damn! Wish I would've waited until now to get my begins cape... I haven't even put it on my OC bats yet because of the process I would have to go through!

Call me a chicken, but the idea of breaking the cape pegs is holding me back. I know I'll never on-sell this figure. I know the figure will look better with Lou's cape. And yet, here I am, not forking out for a bit of kit that everyone who knows better says takes Bats to a whole new level.

If I had surplus cash I'd just buy it and decide later whether I wanted to bite the bullet and do the mod. I wouldn't fret Dominishin, you've got it packed away for a rainy day at least.

Call me a chicken, but the idea of breaking the cape pegs is holding me back. I know I'll never on-sell this figure. I know the figure will look better with Lou's cape. And yet, here I am, not forking out for a bit of kit that everyone who knows better says takes Bats to a whole new level.

If I had surplus cash I'd just buy it and decide later whether I wanted to bite the bullet and do the mod. I wouldn't fret Dominishin, you've got it packed away for a rainy day at least.

I'm pretty much in the same boat Lejuan. I don't want to break the cape pegs to attach a new cape, but I also want something that will drape and fall more naturally. Also, almost every photo I've seen with a custom cape looks better, but then I remember seeing one that was just a snap-shot, not specially lit and not even the main point of the photo, and thinking "Meh." There was just something about the look of a single piece of fabric that, while it fell better, didn't look as "finished" to me as the hemmed and lined HT standard. So now I don't know whether that was a bad photo (people were praising the look so I dunno if that's it), or whether that particular look is just not to my taste when seen in person. If it's not, returning the old cape to the figure is difficult with broken cape pegs. All very frustrating!

I'm sure it was just a poor futzing job. The ones that look good don't look good because of lighting alone.

I can't imagine the OC Bats not looking better with the lforigno cape. No amount of futzing will make the HT cape look as natural.

I wish I'd made a note of where I saw it so I could go and take another look, but trying to picture it now I think what bothered me was something around how the weave of the fabric interacted with the diagonal on the cut, and that there wasn't as great a suggestion of weight as my original cape has. What I've always loved about the Begins suit is that Batman looks like a tank that's just going to crush you, and accurate or not, the thicker cape somehow adds to that for me. But I want to triple over emphasise in bold underlined 72 point font that I'm merely thinking out loud about whether it would be right for me to make this change to my figure based on my personal preferences, and has nothing to do with whether lforigno's product is a good one or not because, clearly based on the feedback, it is!

Yep. I really want to throw this damn velvet on because he would look a million times better... but the process makes me sweat.

Plus I haven't taken the time to look for the step-by-step guide buried somewhere in here. I was thinking about doing it this weekend. Anyone have the guideline posted here saved?

i got my cape today and did the mod lance sent me. trust me, i'm the most incapable person here, and i was worried about screwing up the figure, but it all turned out great. and bats looks much better. it kinda went from toy to badass figure. a decent flowing cape with the right texture just seems to add intensity. i need to post pics soon :peace

has anyone who recently tried to ordered form lance heard from him? I PMed him earlier this week but haven't gotten a reply and don't want to miss out on a cape!!

Back