Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sad thing is those pegs are nearly impossible to get out without breaking them. You can't get your fingers around the stem because if the triangles and the fact they are that small. So even when you try to pull gently as the triangles are that wide, it then automatically breaks. They were wedged in so tight that once the triangles broke off I had to use pliers to pull out the pegs.

No damage was done but they are a lot harder to remove than the hand pegs.

Just threw on the velvet cape.

P1090757.jpg

Needs more futzing. Because it is a thicker material it doesn't 'futz itself' like the rayon ones do.

Last edited:
Goes up in the middle meaning? It should sit like Mag's

As in it goes up in the middle at the bottom of the cape, but even when not on bats, just me holding it with my fingers, it goes up in the middle :dunno

I tried futzing it a pit, but it would slide out of the slots

It still looks great, and better than the one it came with, but how it rides up kind of bothers me a bit.
anyone have pics of the tape method, so I wont have to stuff so much material in the slots? what kind of tape is typically used?

picture.php

Last edited:
All of them go uup a bit in the middle, including the Hot Toys cape.

Did you get the long or short cape?

It's imposible to get the short one to touch the ground in the middle, you have to hide it with the more lateral folds of the cape. But the long one shoulf be able to touch the ground.

I got the long, maybe I just need to do the tape method?

Like I said, I'm not knocking the cape, as I do really like it, just never saw in any of the images it ride up like this :dunno

you no haz DX01? :(

nope, but I'm looking for him loose at a decent price. only reason I want him is b/c after messing around with the PERS on bats, I have to have it on my joker as well :D

He doesn't need it with that awesome custom! :exactly:

thanks Mag! :hi5:

i think I may be giving it to my brother though for his bday/ christmas gift as they are around the same time. He's the one who told me to do the interrogation make-up where as I prefer the mob scene/clean look. So, I'm hoping to get a DX01 Joker and then send it to monkey to do the hair and paint on it :rock

plus, I thought I didn't need DX02 but look what happened :lol

That cape looks wayy largee... Is it due to futzing? Vodoun's pics of that cape didn't look that large.

Hmm... I thought that too but I just had a look at some old pictures and just realized, I may have sneakily camouflaged that. His tops at the front look about the same as mine and the illusion of mine makes it look normal because I have the gauntlet blades sticking out making the whole figure look wider without the cape closer to the body. You can see the points sticking the cape out down the arms.

Look at the floor.

Not yet. I just never got around to stripping it and adding the lambs wool. Then when I saw it in the cabinet it looked not bad. I may rework it in the future. The old stuff had been tweaked a little.

Back