Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm ok I thought the custom used the sideshow luke Hoth head? Sorry my bad.......
S x
2a3feee238db91cbbefece415ad4202b.jpg
77c49605e6cc9f7d2f1f9ab3767957dd.jpg
1dfb3d6c82d67a13dc1f6c6a87b14ca2.jpg

This is my Hoth Luke head on cheap copy of TT body and Sideshow Jedi Luke outfit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I still see that SSC head too naive... if you futz around with the cape and hood that can look much better, IMO.

I will not upgrade my Jedi Luke any further. Now waiting for a ST to fill the gap on the shelve!

image.jpg

I think you have 3 possibilities:

- get a DX07 non battle damaged head, and a custom wig. That can be expensive since the head is still selling at a high price on ebay. Headsculpt is good but not perfect.

- get a DX07 non battle damaged head knockoff on ebay, they are cheaper, and worse quality than the previous one, but maybe a wiser choice, especially if you are going to pose with the hood on, like I usually do.

- get a Hoth Luke, SSC, head. Some people like this head better. For me it looks a bit too cartoonish.

So far those are the best possibilities. You could even try the BD head knockoff or the wig at least. The new Luke heads that are coming (Hot Toys Lukes, SSC Pilot Luke) I think they are very ANH.

Hope that helps.

this is DX07 with a custom wig, fellow member bbl made it.

If you pose with the hood on, the imperfections of the wig and sulpt are reduced :rotfl

But I really like the result.

9f3445adb54efc101ab6d0c53c409319.jpg

Thanks.. yea I saw on ebay the headsculpts going for insane prices. If I didnt have both of my DX07's posed I would just use that. Id be fine with a knockoff because I would pose with hood on...the sideshow headsculpt is just so bad.. outfit is decent though. Wasnt sure if anyone on the boards sold molds of reworked versions.

Thanks.. yea I saw on ebay the headsculpts going for insane prices. If I didnt have both of my DX07's posed I would just use that. Id be fine with a knockoff because I would pose with hood on...the sideshow headsculpt is just so bad.. outfit is decent though. Wasnt sure if anyone on the boards sold molds of reworked versions.

I think there's recast dx07 scuplt with very good price. You might gonna look for those! Im really wanna make jedi luke, but i think it will wise to wait HT doing it.

That would be the smartest route. I've got my custom with DX head, Medi hair and costume, with SS cloak and saber. But I'll still buy the HT when it comes out. One can never have too many Lukes.

I think mine turned out well with the extra un hatted hoth head and had some extra dx07 luke eye`s glued in and used the medicom pants sideshow top and medicom vest luke jedi II.jpg

great idea! you need to pose him with R2.

Any idea what the Hot Toys 312 MMS will be?
MMS 313 being ROTJ Fett... maybe it is Jedi Luke?

On one side, I am eager to see what Hot Toys can do with this version of Luke, and I want to see if they add some ideas from the forum (like the levitating lightsaber pose from fellow members).
On the other, I don't want my custom value to go down, I don't want them to release him! :rotfl

great idea! you need to pose him with R2.

Any idea what the Hot Toys 312 MMS will be?
MMS 313 being ROTJ Fett... maybe it is Jedi Luke?

On one side, I am eager to see what Hot Toys can do with this version of Luke, and I want to see if they add some ideas from the forum (like the levitating lightsaber pose from fellow members).
On the other, I don't want my custom value to go down, I don't want them to release him! :rotfl

Thanks, its just a very rough WIP at the moment and i'm trying to get a cheap-ish Artoo that I can weather.

I thought it is Luke, because of the narrator voice, and the cyborg right hand with R2, but who knows for sure...

More pics while we wait :panic:

8c9dcfd02410bd5499efd4e226ebba02.jpg

91a1f8fa55665605d297ab486cc5713a.jpg

88ec166eabe73f7bed1d6bc6897ed527.jpg

Cool. But who's to say that's actually Luke in that shot?

If you watch it and listen to the dialogue its pretty much makes it clear. Its Luke's voice 'The Force is strong in my family. My Father has it (we see Vader's mask). I have it (we see the above shot of Luke's cybernetic hand patting Artoo). My sister has it (we see a small alien hand pass Anakin's lightsaber to the hand of a middle-aged female). You have that power too (and we see Rey).

I'd say its pretty conclusive...:hi5:

Back