Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's useless arguing. SSC is going to make the sculpt any way they want to. I'll buy it only if it meets my expectation and criteria.

I'd pay the cost of a PF if it lives up to this version in stature:
2010897-darkseid6.jpg

I'd hoped this statue would equal the stature and presence of the XM Thanos I have on PO. So we shall see ......
I think a stoic, arms folded behind back Darkseid would've been a really cool piece. It would be imposing and stern, calm yet powerful.

I don't mind the pose they chose. That base looks massive, though.

If you're lucky, Disney tightened the screws on them too, future X Men characters are going to be a needle in a haystack

There's always new statue to be made. Just matter of time. Why settle for a character you like but in a pose or look you don't really like?

There's always new statue to be made. Just matter of time. Why settle for a character you like but in a pose or look you don't really like?

There's only been 2 Sideshow X-Men PFs in almost 3 years. The Jean Grey was finished 4 years ago and Disney made Sideshow sit on it until Disney gave the ok to release it....XM won't be flying through the license

If you're lucky, Disney tightened the screws on them too, future X Men characters are going to be a needle in a haystack

There's only been 2 Sideshow X-Men PFs in almost 3 years. The Jean Grey was finished 4 years ago and Disney made Sideshow sit on it until Disney gave the ok to release it....XM won't be flying through the license

If you read his quote again ink, he's talking about XM statues not X-MEN statues. Besides the X-MEN and FF, the rest of the Marvel characters are fair game. There will be plenty of XM pieces in general to spend money on in the near future. Thor, DD, Doc Strange, Black Bolt, Medusa, Iron Man, Ms Marvel, Doc Ock, and Kraven, are just some of the pieces that XM is working on getting released. The licensing problem with Disney/Fox won't be an issue with those pieces. That's a lot of XM goodies right there for peeps to spend money on if they are passing on SSC pieces.

Either way, SSC has me hooked with Darkseid. I LOVE what I'm seeing and will certainly be picking him up. My only gripe is that I know it'll be a crap shoot as to if I'll get a piece that isn't rife with QC issues or not. This also will most certainly be an eggshell piece with many hollow parts to it. If SSC can clean up their QC issues and commit to producing quality pieces again, they'd see a lot more of my money. For every XM piece I buy and receive (my XM Mags was prototype PERFECT), that's one less sale for SSC of the same character. I have no worries as to what I'm going to receive from XM when I place an order. If I can ever feel that way about SSC merch again, I'd be a very happy dude.

If you read his quote again ink, he's talking about XM statues not X-MEN statues. Besides the X-MEN and FF, the rest of the Marvel characters are fair game. There will be plenty of XM pieces in general to spend money on in the near future. Thor, DD, Doc Strange, Black Bolt, Medusa, Iron Man, Ms Marvel, Doc Ock, and Kraven, are just some of the pieces that XM is working on getting released. The licensing problem with Disney/Fox won't be an issue with those pieces. That's a lot of XM goodies right there for peeps to spend money on if they are passing on SSC pieces.

Either way, SSC has me hooked with Darkseid. I LOVE what I'm seeing and will certainly be picking him up. My only gripe is that I know it'll be a crap shoot as to if I'll get a piece that isn't rife with QC issues or not. This also will most certainly be an eggshell piece with many hollow parts to it. If SSC can clean up their QC issues and commit to producing quality pieces again, they'd see a lot more of my money. For every XM piece I buy and receive (my XM Mags was prototype PERFECT), that's one less sale for SSC of the same character. I have no worries as to what I'm going to receive from XM when I place an order. If I can ever feel that way about SSC merch again, I'd be a very happy dude.

Problem is, XM has a limited time license, and they'll have to have everything up for order before the time is up or wait to renegotiate. Offering up input from forums over every tiny thing is just slowing them down

Last edited:

Darkseid looks fully sculpted and really has no eyeballs. Shouldn't be too hard to screw up. :)

Plus I sense this will have a limited run due to price point.

Problem is, XM has a limited time license, and they'll have to have everything up for order before the time is up or wait to renegotiate

That's true but given their success so far, I don't see any problems with XM being able to negotiate new terms with Marvel and renewing the license. Besides, it's a breath of fresh air to see a company spend so much time on QC that it slows down their release schedule. I don't mind waiting for my pieces when they turn out exactly like the prototypes I see when I order. You hardly see companies that are more concerned with quality then just pumping out their products nowadays. I give XM MAJOR props for that. Whether XM can sustain their business like that remains to be seen, but as long as they keep releasing fully casted pieces with impeccable paint apps, they'll continue to see my money. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both XM and SSC, but I'm always a little nervous whenever I receive an SSC piece. That's not the case with XM. I expect prototype goodness when I open up one of their pieces. As I said before, I'd love to have that feeling again when SSC merch gets delivered to me.

That's true but given their success so far, I don't see any problems with XM being able to negotiate new terms with Marvel and renewing the license. Besides, it's a breath of fresh air to see a company spend so much time on QC that it slows down their release schedule. I don't mind waiting for my pieces when they turn out exactly like the prototypes I see when I order. You hardly see companies that are more concerned with quality then just pumping out their products nowadays. I give XM MAJOR props for that. Whether XM can sustain their business like that remains to be seen, but as long as they keep releasing fully casted pieces with impeccable paint apps, they'll continue to see my money. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both XM and SSC, but I'm always a little nervous whenever I receive an SSC piece. That's not the case with XM. I expect prototype goodness when I open up one of their pieces. As I said before, I'd love to have that feeling again when SSC merch gets delivered to me.

Disney will want a crap ton of more money the next time around...like an eye watering amount. I don't think only running off a half a license is going to help them

Darkseid looks fully sculpted and really has no eyeballs. Shouldn't be too hard to screw up. :)

Plus I sense this will have a limited run due to price point.

The Apocalypse PF was pretty much the same thing. That was a QC disaster. I have no complaints though because I was one of the lucky ones that received a good looking PF. That doesn't mean I wasn't sweating bullets when he arrived and I was unboxing him. He's a piece that was MUST have in my collection. I would have been gutted if I had to return him because of QC issues. Many collectors had to do just that.

Regardless, I'll be POing Darkseid and hoping for the best. He's another must have for my collection.

Disney will want a crap ton of more money the next time around...like an eye watering amount. I don't think only running off a half a license is going to help them

We'll see. I for one am happy that XM has the Marvel license. A little competion raises everyones game IMO. Collectors win when that happens.

I disagree with this. xm is for a small market. Disney can only milk that cow for so much $$. If however they give xm a world wide license...well then all bets are off.

I buy SS or XM product, as long it's good in my eye. But somehow I get a feeling you really dislike XM Ink :dunno

The Apocalypse PF was pretty much the same thing. That was a QC disaster. I have no complaints though because I was one of the lucky ones that received a good looking PF. That doesn't mean I wasn't sweating bullets when he arrived and I was unboxing him. He's a piece that was MUST have in my collection. I would have been gutted if I had to return him because of QC issues. Many collectors had to do just that.

Regardless, I'll be POing Darkseid and hoping for the best. He's another must have for my collection.
What was the issue with Apocalypse? I wasn't privy to that situation. Was it because of his hoses?

What was the issue with Apocalypse? I wasn't privy to that situation. Was it because of his hoses?

there were a host of problems with him. "disaster" wasn't over-stating things. Significant paint flaws, pieces not fitting together properly, and so on. It seemed to effect the exclusives more than the regulars...sort of like wonder woman.

Where do I begin? Bubbling paint, rusted hose connections, cracked hoses, poor paint apps, bottom of the base falling off, and parts not fitting together are the problems it had off the top of my head.

Where do I begin? Bubbling paint, rusted hose connections, cracked hoses, poor paint apps, bottom of the base falling off, and parts not fitting together are the problems it had off the top of my head.

Watch Atheris youtube review. Apo vs Car. Hillarious stuff hahaha

there were a host of problems with him. "disaster" wasn't over-stating things. Significant paint flaws, pieces not fitting together properly, and so on. It seemed to effect the exclusives more than the regulars...sort of like wonder woman.

Thank you. Sheesh... What was the run on that?

And I wonder if it was the same factory that did WW... Yeah, those Exclusives for WW were VERY hit and miss. I had some issues with my WW Exclusive, but not as bad as some horror stories. Luckily I used $200 in rewards AND got a $30 credit... Which should go to Darkseid.

Back