Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 178349
Yikes!! I do not like where these prices are going. I'm already feeling like an idiot for buying these at the $400 :) Seems like every time a new figure is released another price increase happens. Initially I thought that Darkseid must be huge to be 50% more than Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman, that would seem justifiable. However, this is the about the same size as the other DC figures.It is all scultped,no light up feature,no special weaponry,and mostly hollow. I was on the fence with this when it was teased. I did want a Superman villain and Darkseid would have fit the bill, but not with a 50% markup of what Superman costs. He is even $50 more than Hulk!!
I know that plenty of people are still going to get this, but there are going to be a lot of people who would have gotten this and will no longer due to the huge price jump. Oh well, I guess I should be thanking Sideshow as now they have reached the point where I can say 'No' and maybe save some money :)

Damn, that image is a real eye opener. Look at how much more massive hulk and apoq are compared to darkseid...$600 is simply too much for this statue...

Damn, that image is a real eye opener. Look at how much more massive hulk and apoq are compared to darkseid...$600 is simply too much for this statue...

I completely agree with you guys. I'm glad Sideshow is charging insane prices. It's about time I start cutting back and this is only making it easier to do so.

He looks like he may,be wider than Superman us his basee is lower so the character himself it bigger just not displayed taller....I ordered him and used some points so he came to $500.00...A little more than I wanted to spend but a must for the collection

Maybe we should start voting with out wallets? Buy not buying might get them to be more aware of their pricing?
In saying that, I might wait for the standard version. Getting the EX now doesn't really seem appealing. Plus I potentially save up a little longer to warrant the purchase.

Why am I fast forwarding to SDCC where people will see Darkseid first hand and go "Wow, it's much bigger than I thought!" and "Darn it, I should've pre-ordered the Exclusive!"...

8tiQKWr.png

Ripoff?
Ripoff.
Huge missed opportunity here. Silly base (as usual with the bowl bases), very simple sculpt, lackluster Ex head, poor dimensions and an utterly insane pricing to boot.

Why am I fast forwarding to SDCC where people will see Darkseid first hand and go "Wow, it's much bigger than I thought!" and "Darn it, I should've pre-ordered the Exclusive!"...

Because the Exclusive will still be available at SDCC, so, no harm.

It certainly might feel bigger in person no question...still doesn't mean it should cost more than Hulk or Apoq or even Lobo who are much larger...

Man, why didnt they do his costume mixed media what the hell!? Would've looked way better IMO and justified the price a bit more.

We chatted about this piece at length last night in our chat:

Last edited:
8tiQKWr.png

Ripoff?
Ripoff.
Huge missed opportunity here. Silly base (as usual with the bowl bases), very simple sculpt, lackluster Ex head, poor dimensions and an utterly insane pricing to boot.

Because the Exclusive will still be available at SDCC, so, no harm.

They're basing the height on the hand, not the head. That's bizarre. When you do that, the head looks at the same level as Bats, even though it's an inch taller.

I'm just saying... I've been around these parts long enough to see how these things go... :)

I doubt most of us who pass because of the price will regret it is what I'm saying. Easy for me to say since I wouldn't have gotten this at even $400 but I too have been around long enough to see how these things go...:)

I doubt most of us who pass because of the price will regret it is what I'm saying. Easy for me to say since I wouldn't have gotten this at even $400 but I too have been around long enough to see how these things go...:)

On the bright side, the price point might actually make this limited. I wouldn't have bought this full price, but with Rewards and Credit, I didn't have a problem purchasing.

Ehh, we'll see. I do like it, and I'm holding out hope there WILL be a light up feature on this.

On the bright side, the price point might actually make this limited. I wouldn't have bought this full price, but with Rewards and Credit, I didn't have a problem purchasing.

Ehh, we'll see. I do like it, and I'm holding out hope there WILL be a light up feature on this.

What!? This ain't XM! :lol

From that picture you can see clearly that Batman's back leg is even lower than Darkseid's. So it looks as if Darkseid is pretty close to the same height as Batman/Superman regardless of base. Isnt Darkseid supposed to tower over Batman/Superman? So the 50% markup is because he is a bit bulkier? Glad they didnt go with that pricing approach for Superman/Batman in comparison to Wonder Woman as they are the same height but she is thinner. So thank god for that :) Oh well......:dunno

They're basing the height on the hand, not the head. That's bizarre. When you do that, the head looks at the same level as Bats, even though it's an inch taller.

How can you say so?
Darkseid is listed as 66cm in the product specifics, which is measured to the tallest point (his head). The tabletop view shows Darkseid being 66cm, 2.5cm taller than Batman... seems accurate to me.
Let's be clear: I'm not saying he is SMALL by itself, as a statue. He's just too small in proportion to Batman and Superman imho, considering how he is usually drawn in the comics.
And, on the matter, it would be nice to see all the comics purists that usually are ready to jump at inaccuracies.

I'm just saying... I've been around these parts long enough to see how these things go... :)

No offense but... doesn't look like it. Worst case scenario you can jump on waitlist MONTHS after a piece is waitlisted and pretty much have a guaranteed conversion. I had Machiko Ex converted some weeks ago after 3-4 months, and that' a 400 ES. Seems much more likely that people will be able to grab this in the aftermarket for under retail, like with Gladiator Hulk and Apocalypse. And whoever thinks this will be more limited due to price point is in denial. Oglavaeil has a 1500ES, for an unknown character with one of the silliest prices ever.

People are perfectly free to like this obviously, not trying to say otherwise, but imho this statue has objective flaws going on.
I'll just say that I paid 600$ for an extremely limited 1:3 PCS Sub Zero, which is bigger and has a s--t ton more of charisma and value for the money, sculpt wise.

Back