Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait....there seems to be another message from Darkseid...

darkseid SSC meme 2.jpg

How can you say so?
Darkseid is listed as 66cm in the product specifics, which is measured to the tallest point (his head). The tabletop view shows Darkseid being 66cm, 2.5cm taller than Batman... seems accurate to me.
Let's be clear: I'm not saying he is SMALL by itself, as a statue. He's just too small in proportion to Batman and Superman imho, considering how he is usually drawn in the comics.
And, on the matter, it would be nice to see all the comics purists that usually are ready to jump at inaccuracies.

No offense but... doesn't look like it. Worst case scenario you can jump on waitlist MONTHS after a piece is waitlisted and pretty much have a guaranteed conversion. I had Machiko Ex converted some weeks ago after 3-4 months, and that' a 400 ES. Seems much more likely that people will be able to grab this in the aftermarket for under retail, like with Gladiator Hulk and Apocalypse. And whoever thinks this will be more limited due to price point is in denial. Oglavaeil has a 1500ES, for an unknown character with one of the silliest prices ever.

People are perfectly free to like this obviously, not trying to say otherwise, but imho this statue has objective flaws going on.
I'll just say that I paid 600$ for an extremely limited 1:3 PCS Sub Zero, which is bigger and has a s--t ton more of charisma and value for the money, sculpt wise.

According to the image, Bats and Darkseid's head are at the same level. Darkseid's head should be one full inch taller than the tip of Batman's ears. The hand looks an inch above the ear, which means they're basing the image height on the hand level, not the head. I posted before that the hand is actually parallel to the floor, so the forced perspective is off, making it look like Darkseid is at the same level as Wonder Woman, Supes and Bats. It's a forced perspective thing.

How can you say so?
Darkseid is listed as 66cm in the product specifics, which is measured to the tallest point (his head). The tabletop view shows Darkseid being 66cm, 2.5cm taller than Batman... seems accurate to me.
Let's be clear: I'm not saying he is SMALL by itself, as a statue. He's just too small in proportion to Batman and Superman imho, considering how he is usually drawn in the comics.
And, on the matter, it would be nice to see all the comics purists that usually are ready to jump at inaccuracies.

No offense but... doesn't look like it. Worst case scenario you can jump on waitlist MONTHS after a piece is waitlisted and pretty much have a guaranteed conversion. I had Machiko Ex converted some weeks ago after 3-4 months, and that' a 400 ES. Seems much more likely that people will be able to grab this in the aftermarket for under retail, like with Gladiator Hulk and Apocalypse. And whoever thinks this will be more limited due to price point is in denial. Oglavaeil has a 1500ES, for an unknown character with one of the silliest prices ever.

People are perfectly free to like this obviously, not trying to say otherwise, but imho this statue has objective flaws going on.
I'll just say that I paid 600$ for an extremely limited 1:3 PCS Sub Zero, which is bigger and has a s--t ton more of charisma and value for the money, sculpt wise.

That subzero looks insane i'd gladely pay 600$ for that, its also what i would expect a 600-700$ statue to look like, hell they even made it a 1/3 scale.

This size for Darkseid is more like a 1/5 scale. With it being all sculpted and 1/5 it should be a comiquette rather than a premium format

Too small
No mixed media
Generic pose
Boring base
No light up eyes
Pointless Ex
$600

Seriously Sideshow ?

EASY pass

This size for Darkseid is more like a 1/5 scale. With it being all sculpted and 1/5 it should be a comiquette rather than a premium format

Yeah he needs to be bigger to be in scale with a PF. Even though the height may be correct for a PF. But really he should be much more massive next to superman. I hope they do a bulky grey new sculpt later on. I really like this character but the sculpt is not enough to make me pull the trigger.

According to the image, Bats and Darkseid's head are at the same level. Darkseid's head should be one full inch taller than the tip of Batman's ears. The hand looks an inch above the ear, which means they're basing the image height on the hand level, not the head. I posted before that the hand is actually parallel to the floor, so the forced perspective is off, making it look like Darkseid is at the same level as Wonder Woman, Supes and Bats. It's a forced perspective thing.

If you draw a straight line, Batman's top of the ears arrives slightly under Darkseid's helmet.
But let's do it how you say and increase Darkseid's size:

LBTTdso.png

Doesn't exactly look like a game changer, to me.
Not much to say, really. Darkseid should be 65-70cms alone, he is 66cm on a very tall base. Size is lacking.

If you draw a straight line, Batman's top of the ears arrives slightly under Darkseid's helmet.
But let's do it how you say and increase Darkseid's size:

LBTTdso.png

Doesn't exactly look like a game changer, to me.
Not much to say, really. Darkseid should be 65-70cms alone, he is 66cm on a very tall base. Size is lacking.

Either way the difference isn't that much of a game changer. Bats $400, Darkseid $600...no makey sense...

1fusuv.jpg

Yikes!! I do not like where these prices are going. I'm already feeling like an idiot for buying these at the $400 :) Seems like every time a new figure is released another price increase happens. Initially I thought that Darkseid must be huge to be 50% more than Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman, that would seem justifiable. However, this is the about the same size as the other DC figures.It is all scultped,no light up feature,no special weaponry,and mostly hollow. I was on the fence with this when it was teased. I did want a Superman villain and Darkseid would have fit the bill, but not with a 50% markup of what Superman costs. He is even $50 more than Hulk!!
I know that plenty of people are still going to get this, but there are going to be a lot of people who would have gotten this and will no longer due to the huge price jump. Oh well, I guess I should be thanking Sideshow as now they have reached the point where I can say 'No' and maybe save some money :)

Should add Oglavaeil from court of the dead to this chart as well, $599 for a 24" PF or $750 with his skinny dog, plus there's no license fee to pay, Sideshows prices are beyond a joke.

The guy standing behind the pieces that Sideshow use has a size comparison has the perfect pose, he's like "WTF! $599 for this ? "

2cqhfdi.jpg

Should add Oglavaeil from court of the dead to this chart as well, $599 for a 24" PF or $750 with his skinny dog, plus there's no license fee to pay, Sideshows prices are beyond a joke.

The guy standing behind the pieces that Sideshow use has a size comparison has the perfect pose, he's like "WTF! $599 for this ? "

2cqhfdi.jpg

For the prices I was expecting this to be as big as gladiator hulk if not a tad bigger, which is not asking too much at all. It's the big villian himself. He needs to be as big as possible.

This piece is starting to look like their last Green Lantern PF: an essential character in the DC collection that is okay as a sculpt but not blowing many people away on it's own merits. It also looks undersized which is the main reason why I passed on GL besides the weird anatomy and unnatural floating pose.

I think many are still caught up on the high of a Darkseid statue from Sideshow finally being made available. I would recommend picking up Lobo with Dawg instead of this. I am going to pass on Darkseid and just wait for Lex Luthor or Brainiac to go with the Superman PF as it's bad guy. Perhaps Sideshow will put more effort, imagination and better art direction into those.

No Omega Beams.....really? LOL!

I ordered yesterday and I see the cons to this PF and people ordering just for a low EX will probably disappointed. I try to look at the positive, I used $100 in points to make it $500 and sure I think $430 would of been fair but after the flex pay difference of me paying $500 the $8.75 a month extra wont kill me. I spend more a week on disappointing issues of comics.

Back