Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If possible, someone attending SDCC should ask someone from Sideshow if they still plan on making this piece. While the price range is ridiculous, and I can understand most people wouldn't be able to afford, or simply wouldn't buy them, Darth Vader has always been there most popular character. I would think he would outsell all other Legendary Figures.

Given Sideshow's recent history with LSF pieces I think it's probably for the best that they scrap this project. I just don't think they could make it screen accurate enough to warrant the $2k or more price tag.

Alex said they are still working on this piece, it's not scrapped.

that unfortunately does not mean much. I think the complexity of this guy and their $2k price point just don't jive. And I doubt many collectors will be willing to pay a lot more for him.

I'm still pushing for this to become reality. Sideshow needs to deliver here.

I completely agree. Your talking about IMO, the most iconic villain in cinema. He needs to be done as close to perfection as humanly possible and not rushed. Plus I look forward to him going next to my Darth Maul LSF. Also let me point out to the naysayers regarding the LSF, Sideshow hasn't exactly released any grand slams regarding that line. Dr. Doom and Wolverine are ok. The first Iron Man from what I understand wasn't great, and the others aren't core characters. Darth Vader however, is a different story and I think he would sell quite well. They made a Life Size version after all.

yep.

This entire line has undersold for SS. They thought that since CM was charging $2k for 1:3 scale, they could offer 1:2 scale for the same amount and they would sell like hotcakes. That clearly did not happen.

The quality of the CM Vader still impresses me. I'll have a very hard time letting mine go if I find a buyer. The LSF haven't come close to CM quality from what I've seen in pictures at least.

yep.

This entire line has undersold for SS. They thought that since CM was charging $2k for 1:3 scale, they could offer 1:2 scale for the same amount and they would sell like hotcakes. That clearly did not happen.

I agree that this line has undersold but that's Sideshow's fault. You still have to deliver a product that's worthy of a $2K pricetag and not simply ask for that amount because it's a 1:2 scale.

Give us a 1:2 scale piece of a character in demand, using an appropriate pose for that character, deliver a detailed sculpt with the right paint app, and people will pay you the $2K.

I agree that this line has undersold but that's Sideshow's fault. You still have to deliver a product that's worthy of a $2K pricetag and not simply ask for that amount because it's a 1:2 scale.

Give us a 1:2 scale piece of a character in demand, using an appropriate pose for that character, deliver a detailed sculpt with the right paint app, and people will pay you the $2K.

Ding! Ding! Ding!!

Well said. Also- sideshow has said that these pieces are a certain size, not scale. That bothers me. If you are going to make something this big, make each piece in scale with the others. Take Kenobi, if he is 1:2 then make Vader 1:2 instead of making him the same relative size as Kenobi.

Wait Vader LSF got canceled? If so I might pass on obi wan LSF. In that case I will pass on LSF maul too. For the 2k price on these does SS really expect them to move fast? The sw lsf are almost all fabric covering almost the entire body. Leaves out lots of sculpting. Should be 800.00 for these max.

Back