Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the target market is different enough for these two pieces that they won't worry about losing PF sales by announcing this.

I think the target market is different enough for these two pieces that they won't worry about losing PF sales by announcing this.
No doubt. Plus, we're talking about a significant gap in price between the two.
The LSF line is priced above the comfortable range of many collectors.

If this piece has a similar pose to the life size figure, it's going to be very tempting. I'll be finishing the original trilogy today with ROTJ and it's given me a serious itch for Star Wars collectibles. :impatient:

I really hope they have just made this a nice simple pose. $2k is always going to be hard to swallow for stuff like this but I'd be tempted if he looks good.... And has an ES.

I really hope they have just made this a nice simple pose. $2k is always going to be hard to swallow for stuff like this but I'd be tempted if he looks good.... And has an ES.

I agree, simpler the better. But I'll probably get this one even without an ES, as long as everything else comes out good.

Here is the latest on this guy, he hasn't suffered the same fate as the 1:1 version fortunately.

This one is still a ways off it seems. A lot more changes have had to occur to the item since last summer and are still in the process of being done. As I type this, this is still expected to not be a ANH version of Vader.

The Vader Legendary Scale item is still continued to be worked on and hasn't been cancelled as I type this.

I hope they're spending the time to come up with a pose where he does NOT have one foot placed higher than the other:

SideshowCollectibles_-_Batman_04.jpg

300124-sauron-001.jpg

300152-boba-fett-003.jpg

300198_press06.jpg

star-wars-episode-vi-darth-vader-lord-of-the-sith-premium-format-figure-by-sideshow-collectbiles-1.gif

Keep it simple stupid!

:rotfl :rotfl

I think people are a bit too over-focused on the "Captain Morgan"-pose. Sure, there's some truth to it. I mean, you can't deny that one foot is physically positioned higher than the other. But so what? Why does it matter so much that two statues from two completely different franchises both have their one foot above the other? If it still looks good in and on itself - I really don't see the big problem. I think this argument mainly comes from collectors that have a tendency of buying everything that is released. But I think the far majority of people don't care.

Just my opinion, at least. :)

I say it only because it is becoming well played out. A room full of these looks uninspiring, as if it was the same sculptor who did them all and ran out of ideas.

Some characters look best in a museum pose IMO. Vader is one of them. More of a symbol than a man. Give the dynamic poses to the lower level characters that need that "something extra".

I agree with the simplicity of a base and having them be more like museum poses. I know people complain against museum poses, but I think it goes along with what makes a great statue is a great display pose and keeping the huge bases and weird poses for the posable lines. With a statue you got one shot at making the one great pose that makes it powerful. Sideshow's have been a real hit or miss and can ultimately make or break the sale for me. I think a simple base and one great museum pose keeps it looking classiest for me.

Back