DarthChrisDK's Collection...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris how many Bestas did you buy?
3 of 1'92cm each one?

What about the two cubes on the left? I mean, It does appear to be one shelf (no seam)

Hi there,

My setup is comprised of two tall ones (a single and a double) as well as a low one (a double). I chose to only put one door on the low one since the left side will be used for a receiver and records.

Re: DarthChrisDK's Collection... [Page 41: New display (Ikea Besta)]

Hi there,

My setup is comprised of two tall ones (a single and a double) as well as a low one (a double). I chose to only put one door on the low one since the left side will be used for a receiver and records.

Thank you!!

Congrats for the display! it's very classy! :yess:

Your consistent exceptional photos and videos have made me want to obtain a Captain America PF. I don't know if I should thank you or hate you.

Your consistent exceptional photos and videos have made me want to obtain a Captain America PF. I don't know if I should thank you or hate you.

Haha, thank you very much, none the less. :)

I'm sure you won't regret getting this piece. Let me put it this way... There's a reason that I have this piece still, even though he doesn't fit into my display so well since he is not Star Wars.

Good luck finding it!

IMG_8825.jpg

IMG_8827.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8836.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

IMG_8842.jpg

as with all your presentations Chris, such as your pics and YT videos, your display set up is high quality. Congrats on the Bestas, they seem to be a popular favourite amongst all collectors when displaying the PF's. :clap Could i make a suggestion though my friend...what would look good would be to maybe purchase another single Besta and place it as you have done with the one holding the Boba Fett bust, but have it on the other side (i think it looks like a suitcase thats there, not sure) so to be symmetrical (thats my OCD kicking in!) :lol and then placing the IM bust on that one. I cant help but feel that unlike the PF's which all look great, where you have IM at the moment isnt getting the best light source due to the size of the bust - and this bust has to be seen in all its glory! What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your kind words! I appreciate that!

On each side of these cabinets are two speakers. That are the dark pillars that you can see. :)

I totally agree that the IM bust is not in its ideal position. Actually, your suggestion is quite good! If I find some other way with my speakers, I might be able to pull this off! It would do my IM bust justice. There should be room for a single besta, no problem.

Thanks a lot, for this fine suggestion! It has gotten me thinking! :)

PS. I hope my C-3PO bust can fit inside a Besta better than the IM bust. I think so. Or else it will got on the spot next to Boba.

Thanks a lot for your kind words! I appreciate that!

On each side of these cabinets are two speakers. That are the dark pillars that you can see. :)

I totally agree that the IM bust is not in its ideal position. Actually, your suggestion is quite good! If I find some other way with my speakers, I might be able to pull this off! It would do my IM bust justice. There should be room for a single besta, no problem.

Thanks a lot, for this fine suggestion! It has gotten me thinking! :)

PS. I hope my C-3PO bust can fit inside a Besta better than the IM bust. I think so. Or else it will got on the spot next to Boba.

Your very welcome Chris...and i hope you didnt feel that my comment had come across as a critiscm...far from it! Your set up is fantastic...like you now see, the IM bust would look ideal in the same position as your Fett bust is but on the oppposite side. This way your getting a complete close up visual of the bust rather than having to look up or stand on tip toe to see all the details of Battle Damage.

As for the C-3PO, how about displaying him next to Fett? I know this is requiring more Bestas (for which you wont have much space to store them) but keeping pieces that are related in size and theme is always a good thing imo. Thus leaving the inside of your Bestas for PF's only. This would perfectly for me but unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world and cost and space always seems to get in the way of achieving our perfect displays :(

Your very welcome Chris...and i hope you didnt feel that my comment had come across as a critiscm...far from it! Your set up is fantastic...like you now see, the IM bust would look ideal in the same position as your Fett bust is but on the oppposite side. This way your getting a complete close up visual of the bust rather than having to look up or stand on tip toe to see all the details of Battle Damage.

As for the C-3PO, how about displaying him next to Fett? I know this is requiring more Bestas (for which you wont have much space to store them) but keeping pieces that are related in size and theme is always a good thing imo. Thus leaving the inside of your Bestas for PF's only. This would perfectly for me but unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world and cost and space always seems to get in the way of achieving our perfect displays :(

Not at all, my friend. I appreciate these kinds of comments since they show that you care. Thanks! :)

I'm getting more and more keen to the idea. I just have to figure it out completely. Yes, the C-3PO would look great next to Boba Fett. Obviously, due to size - but also in relation to the poster. Squeezing a bust into a Besta is doable, but it does influence the item's displayability!

I really appreciate your input!

Not at all, my friend. I appreciate these kinds of comments since they show that you care. Thanks! :)

I'm getting more and more keen to the idea. I just have to figure it out completely. Yes, the C-3PO would look great next to Boba Fett. Obviously, due to size - but also in relation to the poster. Squeezing a bust into a Besta is doable, but it does influence the item's displayability!

I really appreciate your input!

Your welcome Chris and i cant wait to see your future progress and set ups my friend :1-1:

Re: DarthChrisDK's Collection... [Page 46: New pictures added of display!]

You've got such a beautiful set up, clean and crisp! Love the Hepburn photo!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate that! Yes, I am in love with Hepburn. She's the most beautiful person that has touched the face of this earth.

Hard to disagree with you on the beauty of Audrey, love watching her movies. I've got her autograph too!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate that! Yes, I am in love with Hepburn. She's the most beautiful person that has touched the face of this earth.

What is that display cabinet called, and where did you get it?

Hard to disagree with you on the beauty of Audrey, love watching her movies. I've got her autograph too!

Wow, really? That is fantastic. :thud:

Dude, now thats a view. :hi5:

Haha, yes! Exactly! I love it! It's my man-cave!

What is that display cabinet called, and where did you get it?

These are all BESTA from IKEA. The lights are INREDA and the glass doors are TOMBO. They are also from IKEA. ;)

Let me know if you have any other questions, buddy!

Back