David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

First couple are fine, but I don't agree with this one. The shot for Batman v Superman is much better than that one in Rises. The BvS one looks like it's straight out of the Dark Knight Returns. The silouette, the sniper rifle, it's great. Besides, Batman is the focus in that shot for BvS. For Rises? It's more about the New York skyline than it is Batman. Even in the context of the movie, the shot made no sense. Cape looks much better for the BvS compared to that one, heavier too. It looks dorky how the legs are showing in the Rises shot. Seems less heroic.

I agree the BvS is more badass, because its more mysterious and his frame is much larger. My complaint is the graphics of the cape. its bad (video game graphics)CGI, it doesn't look or flow realistically and not in a cool way. Where Bales is practical and looks great. I hope Snyder utilities practical capes for some action shots too and not just CGI.
(I don't recall when that scene occurs in TDK)

dat neck mobility at :30

bd2cca42-ebce-4109-9950-e194e25cadad.jpg

53755531.jpg

Batman looks incredible, not sure how anyone could dislike that suit. Too bad all of his villains look horrendous. I'm sure Riddler will eventually have question mark tattoos all over him.

Its beyond me. I showed my friend, whos also a Bats fan, the suit. He thought the duct tape looked stupid, i said its awesome texturing is to give the comicbook look, the cinema sheen. He then said he always thought the black and grey Bats was dumb.

Hes never been seen again

Its beyond me. I showed my friend, whos also a Bats fan, the suit. He thought the duct tape looked stupid, i said its awesome texturing is to give the comicbook look, the cinema sheen. He then said he always thought the black and grey Bats was dumb.

Hes never been seen again

You did the right thing, your secret's safe here.

:bow to the lolzcat

89/BB/BvsS are my 3 favorite costumes.

All served their time well.

Last edited:

I've always thought the Burton bat-suits looked awful. This one is perfect IMO.

Any suit is better than the TDK/TDKR suit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Batman looks incredible, not sure how anyone could dislike that suit. Too bad all of his villains look horrendous. I'm sure Riddler will eventually have question mark tattoos all over him.

bermejo riddler.jpg

:goodpost:

Oh yeah, they already gave Riddler tattoos and I believe Killer Croc had a skin condition in that Azzarello/Bermejo comic. Leto's Joker and Harley fit perfectly in that universe. Maybe David Ayer was inspired by the Azzarello Joker comic, and if that's the case, Leto's joker will make Ledger look like Cesar Romero :lol

I'm completely okay with Ayer's makeovers so far. If the movie sucks, it sure as hell won't be because some characters have tattoos.

I HATE IT !!!!! They are ruining everything! Didn't Leto win an Oscar ? WTF is he thinking? I hope this is another Heath pre judgement bad call and it's good . I just don't get the character designs[emoji12]

dat neck mobility at :30

bd2cca42-ebce-4109-9950-e194e25cadad.jpg

damn thats a good looking costume. Dont get the hate at all. if it looked like previous versions people would complain also I dont see the duct tape complaint at all looks like how batman always should, Not some heavily armored commando

damn thats a good looking costume. Dont get the hate at all. if it looked like previous versions people would complain also I dont see the duct tape complaint at all looks like how batman always should, Not some heavily armored commando

They have a black rubber/latex fetish :lol

I think Batman looks fine. The suit looks great, even with the grey "duct tape". I'll judge it once I see it on film, you know, with the proper lighting and cinematography, not spy shots from onlookers.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing it in action. The seamless cowl/neck and head movement is a HUGE advancement over the Nolan/Schumacher/Burton cowls. They somehow managed to keep the seamless siloutte that is an aesthetic in the comics plus all the neck movement one could ask for without unsightly folds or creases. It only took them 26 years.

I think Batman looks fine. The suit looks great, even with the grey "duct tape". I'll judge it once I see it on film, you know, with the proper lighting and cinematography, not spy shots from onlookers.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing it in action. The seamless cowl/neck and head movement is a HUGE advancement over the Nolan/Schumacher/Burton cowls. They somehow managed to keep the seamless siloutte that is an aesthetic in the comics plus all the neck movement one could ask for without unsightly folds or creases. It only took them 26 years.

:lol :exactly:

I like that costume. I'm starting to hate this set photos/videos trend

Back