David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Makes sense, I remember watching Superman fighting in Metropolis and destroying buildings in the animated series, and people loved it. Snyder does it, and

RqAgmhv.gif

lol Truth.....

I think there is a difference when someone like Timm--who clearly understands the core DC characters as well as anyone else--decides he wants to add a new dimension to one of these characters, or to put them in new circumstances (as he did with the Justice Lords) that may shock or surprise viewers, and when guys like Goyer and Snyder try to do this. When neither has shown much affinity for the source subject matter, have disdain for the fans (in the case of Goyer), or have shown a proclivity to go way over the top for the sake of going way over the top (in the case of Snyder). The killing of Zod wasn't in itself the worst thing in the world. But for that to be the climax to such a dreary, wacky, convoluted Superman story was too much.

I bet Timm could have turned that story as a whole into something that worked, but Snyder and Goyer just weren't capable of doing it. It didn't do justice to the character and his long history in comics, cartoons, and film, and perhaps more importantly, it just wasn't good storytelling. You can forgive one or the other, but hard to forgive both. I'm hoping Batman V. Superman will at least succeed in the latter category.

Snyder is terrible at filmmaking, period. Thank dem Lords of Cosmos he's not directing this one.

Someone finally said it. :clap

Be a great cinematographer though. I always thought Tim Burton would have made a better Art Director too.

Deadshot looks great, I'm liking the shots of him abseiling.

Someone finally said it. :clap

Be a great cinematographer though. I always thought Tim Burton would have made a better Art Director too.

He would be the perfect cinematographer

But Snyder has done great work. He made Watchmen (the "unfilmable" comicbook) which was awesome. 300 which was brilliant and yes Man of Steel which was amazing

But Snyder has done great work. He made Watchmen (the "unfilmable" comicbook) which was awesome. 300 which was brilliant and yes Man of Steel which was amazing

Mostly from a visual stand-point. That's why he'd make an amazing cinematographer. Story-telling-wise: Watchmen only worked for people well-versed and obsessed with that bizarre comic. Suckerpunch had purient appeal. 300 was a video game. Man of Steel... even comic fans couldn't rally.

Mostly from a visual stand-point. That's why he'd make an amazing cinematographer. Story-telling-wise: Watchmen only worked for people well-versed and obsessed with that bizarre comic. Suckerpunch had purient appeal. 300 was a video game. Man of Steel... even comic fans couldn't rally.

Sucker punch was god awful, the prettiest bad movie I ever saw. But that's because he wrote it. side note: although I did see an analysis where the analyst said it was actually a very intelligent satire of the subjugation of women in media - just poorly executed. Lol

You Don't Understand SUCKER PUNCH - YouTube

Anyway.. 300 had a great story, characters and awesome action, everyone loved it and it properly launched Snyder and Gerard Butlers careers. Dawn of the Dead brought the Zombies back (for better or worse). Man of Steel had mixed views, from what I could tell over small/silly things (of purse Supes has killed before). Even then it's stillthe best Superman movie yet

He's gonna have a much better script this time around by Oscar winning writers. So I have 0 worries about BvS

We'll see. I have a feeling his effort will satisfy an almost insatiable urge by fans, but will leave much to be desired over the long-haul.

Watchmen. . .that bizarre comic.
76IfIG1.gif

Seriously though, it seems to me that most people who are in love with the Watchmen movie either apparently never read the comic, or only read it after seeing the film. I think most of those who knew and loved the comic beforehand felt that the movie was lacking in some ways.

But of course, a lot of folks just don't like it, whether or not they are familiar with the source material.

Back