David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I hope it's edgy and gruesome! Make rated R the new pg13

I look at Smith's Deadshot and it makes me think of Deadstroke :dunno but I like it

So do I. :lol

He also reminds me of this :lol

image.jpg

Ok, both Deadshot and Crock looks great!
I'll add them to my "DCCU 1/6 figures I'd buy if I had money" list, along with Boomerang,

I just watched Bale's American Psycho again for the first time in years, the other night. I completely forgot that Jared Leto was in it, as well as Willem Dafoe & a bunch of other familiar actors for that matter.

Batman kills Joker. :lol

I actually really am hoping that this turns out to be Rated-R. Well, not Rated-R, so much as...not hindered. Though, with David Ayer, that seems to be pretty much Rated-R.:lol I don't know why, but I really do get the feeling that he's sort of unhinged. Everything about this movie is so different from what we saw from MoS and BvS. The lax security on set, the openness that Ayer has had with all of the character reveals; I feel like, if there was a studio grip on this movie, we would've felt it by now. With that in mind, I'm getting more and more excited. Really the only thing I dislike is The Joker's appearance, but that's becoming more and more minor as time goes on. The cast is fantastic, and I really am an Ayer fan. End of Watch, Fury; I'll even say that, while it was nowhere near as good as some of his other work, I found Sabotage pretty entertaining, and, as far as his writing career goes, Training Day was fantastic.

After reading that Hollywood Reporter profile of Greg Silverman, and how he said that the DCCU will have continuity, but embrace the artistic vision of the individuals behind each movie, I love that, because, to me, I feel like that sort of defines WB and DC's identity going forward. I love Marvel movies, and I will continue to like Marvel movies, but they're very corporate, and, between stuff like Agents of SHIELD (in the beginning, at least, and how Whedon voiced his disapproval of Coulson's return) and the whole Edgar Wright/Ant-Man debacle, it really feels like the filmmakers are more just tools to execute the studio's vision.

That isn't a bad thing, necessarily, as we've had some fantastic to downright amazing films like The Winter Soldier come out of it, and fringe stuff like Guardians and even Daredevil (which Feige, apparently, still hasn't watched) are starting to challenge even that notion, but it really does feel like there's becoming a more and more defined line between the two and I feel like that can only be a good thing. That being said, it also worries me a bit, because, while stuff like Ayer and the Suicide Squad sounds amazing to me, stuff like James Wan and Aquaman does not. I am not a Wan fan. I really liked The Conjuring, but I thought that Furious 7 is ridiculously overrated, and stuff like their Paul Walker tribute are the only things keeping people from accepting what a step down it was from the previous installment; I also think Saw is awful, which is saying a lot because I'm a Danny Glover fan, but I was much more excited when Mud's Jeff Nichols was attached.

I guess what it all comes down to is that it goes both ways. If you want to get great, filmmaker driven stories, you need to make sure that the filmmakers you're handing the keys to inspire confidence. So far, Aquamn seems to be the black sheep, but I'm liking more and more of what I'm seeing. Lord and Miller's frenetic energy attached to The Flash, Ayer's gritty, sort of "street view" of the Suicide Squad, Michelle MacLaren, Patty Jenkins and their "see what fits" approach to Wonder Woman." It feels like they're playing to their strengths and focusing on doing what made them such a prolific studio: making good movies, first. At the end of the day, though, I'm about as excited for this as I am for BvS, if not moreso.

I just watched Bale's American Psycho again for the first time in years, the other night. I completely forgot that Jared Leto was in it, as well as Willem Dafoe & a bunch of other familiar actors for that matter.

Batman kills Joker. :lol

Hey Paul!

Batman kills the Joker, and the Green Goblin is investigating the murder :lol

Hey Paul!

Batman kills the Joker, and the Green Goblin is investigating the murder :lol

I know, right! :lol (although, can you imagine how ****ing excellent Dafoe would be as Joker?)

I can hear Paul Allen's faint voice in the background, calling to Inspector Kimball:

"Avenge me Donald.. AVENGE MEEEEEE!!!!!!"

:lol

I know, right! :lol (although, can you imagine how ****ing excellent Dafoe would be as Joker?)

I can hear Paul Allen's faint voice in the background, calling to Inspector Kimball:

"Avenge me Donald.. AVENGE MEEEEEE!!!!!!"

:lol

I can just seem him in the Arkham series get up, doing an excellent performance... probably the best ever.

Back