David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

tumblr_m3mo8v8Gbd1qk6457.jpg

Not sure how I feel about Leto so far, he sounds too much like Ledger and I get the vibe that they're going to show off more of his psychotic side than his numerous side.

Killer Croc was actually my favorite part of that trailer for some reason, seeing him strapped up and being wheeled in to Arkham looked cool.

Overall it looks really cool and a breath of fresh air for the genre.

Probably my most anticipated, this looks awesome. Ayer knows how to do street crime gunfight movies pretty well.

I bet some parents will think this is just another comic book movie, Like Thor 3 or something, and will bring small children in, and just be horrified beyond belief :lol

Harley and Croc are both Silence of the Lambs references, I guess.

yeah, that's definitely going to happen

Not sure how I feel about Leto so far, he sounds too much like Ledger and I get the vibe that they're going to show off more of his psychotic side than his numerous side.

Killer Croc was actually my favorite part of that trailer for some reason, seeing him strapped up and being wheeled in to Arkham looked cool.

Overall it looks really cool and a breath of fresh air for the genre.

Im thinking about this,
but...

really how many voices can the joker Have? yeah he could have been more like Jack or the cartoon, but even if he did that he would still sound LIKE Jack or the Cartoon.... there is no winning here.

being similar to Ledger was going to annoy me but then I realized, well, That's the Joker voice all right....

It would have been worse if he sounded NOTHING like the Joker at all.

DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Thought the same thing.

It kind of made me realize that the DC universe is here :lol

I never thought I would be seeing Killer Croc in a movie.

Im thinking about this,
but...

really how many voices can the joker Have? yeah he could have been more like Jack or the cartoon, but even if he did that he would still sound LIKE Jack or the Cartoon.... there is no winning here.

being similar to Ledger was going to annoy me but then I realized, well, That's the Joker voice all right....

It would have been worse if he sounded NOTHING like the Joker at all.

I don't think Ledger and Jack are the only Joker voices possible, but I think it's going to hurt his performance a bit if every time he speaks and all we hear is Ledger. It's not a bad thing but just a bit distracting to me. I do have to hear more before I start criticizing though.

I'm not even mad at Croc's face design anymore knowing that there's zero CGI on him.

Maybe someone said this already, but it looks like mr J is talking to Harley at the end. There was another shot of Harley tied to a table and the joker was shirtless and wearing one glove when he was touching her head. Maybe he gave her a few tattoos, hence the one glove and the "hurt you" line?

Maybe someone said this already, but it looks like mr J is talking to Harley at the end. There was another shot of Harley tied to a table and the joker was shirtless and wearing one glove when he was touching her head. Maybe he gave her a few tattoos, hence the one glove and the "hurt you" line?

What are your thoughts on Leto's Joker so far?

What are your thoughts on Leto's Joker so far?

When I saw the bootleg version of the trailer, I thought it was a bit underwhelming. After seeing the full trailer in HD, I like it more.

I liked this shot of him wearing a coat

7GrmxlU.jpg

And this was interesting

OMMXrR5.jpg

I'm liking the look and his laugh and voice are alright. I don't hear Ledger like some people, and that's fine. I'm not sure what kind of character Leto is paying yet. So far, we've only seen his more serious side. We'll see how he acts around other characters.

Back