David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

My favorite 3 things this year:

1. Carrie Fisher embarrassing herself.
2. Olivia Munn embarrassing herself.
3 . Affleck's sour face.

Honorable mention: Singer getting excited touching Hugh Jackman. :lol

I grew up a Marvel guy but always had a full appreciation of anything DC even though I didn't follow it religiously. Without the bias and expectations of a serious fan, I was able to be part of the minority who enjoyed MOS. I'm sure I'll enjoy this, BvS and most other things in this saga as well. Being 38 without kids, I welcome something that veers away from "family friendly" and takes a darker approach.

Can't wait to see that trailer's official release

I thought this trailer was... meh. Over dramatic music, Harley doesn't sound or feel right, bunch of slow motion shots, Will Smith is playing Will Smith and he's probably a "good guy", Jai Courtney, and Letoker was underwhelming as ****. Not Apocalypse bad, but nothing to get excited about either.

My favorite 3 things this year:

1. Carrie Fisher embarrassing herself.
2. Olivia Munn embarrassing herself.
3 . Affleck's sour face.

Honorable mention: Singer getting excited touching Hugh Jackman. :lol

I was a little worried singer was about to rape Jackman

I thought this trailer was... meh. Over dramatic music, Harley doesn't sound or feel right, bunch of slow motion shots, Will Smith is playing Will Smith and he's probably a "good guy", Jai Courtney, and Letoker was underwhelming as ****. Not Apocalypse bad, but nothing to get excited about either.

I'm excited because I can't see these films as DC adaptations anyway.
Just gimmy interesting stories with nice action, that's all. Have zero interest in the accuracy of characters after MoS.

If this movie is full of bad guys then who are the good guys we should be rooting for?
I bet Will Smith will basically be the good guy. Or at least, an anti-hero with a heart of gold type. I'm sure the expectation is that the audience will root for Harley as well, though she'll be a sadistic psychopath, since she's sexy and should have a quirky personality. Other members of the team will no doubt be hardened criminals with no redeeming qualities that we clearly are not supposed to support, similar to Savalas in the Dirty Dozen. I'm guessing Katana will be a noble, silent type, because that's the stereotype you would expect from a Japanese martial artist type.

I bet Will Smith will basically be the good guy. Or at least, an anti-hero with a heart of gold type. I'm sure the expectation is that the audience will root for Harley as well, though she'll be a sadistic psychopath, since she's sexy and should have a quirky personality. Other members of the team will no doubt be hardened criminals with no redeeming qualities that we clearly are not supposed to support, similar to Savalas in the Dirty Dozen. I'm guessing Katana will be a noble, silent type, because that's the stereotype you would expect from a Japanese martial artist type.

Prolly right about Deadshot. That's pretty much how he was portrayed on Arrow.

:rock

Here's hope the story is as awesome and grim as the visuals.

Awesome, They all look perfect, Croc looks nasty :lol

Boomerang is the perfect role for Jai, he suddenly doesn't feel like the personality black hole he usually is.

I bet some parents will think this is just another comic book movie, Like Thor 3 or something, and will bring small children in, and just be horrified beyond belief :lol

Harley and Croc are both Silence of the Lambs references, I guess.

Boomerang is the perfect role for Jai, he suddenly doesn't feel like the personality black hole he usually is.
I haven't read a story with Captain Boomerang since probably 1985, but if he's a guy who just stands around and acts dumb and forgettable, then I agree with you. He does appear that way in this trailer.

Back