DC Animated The Dark Knight Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully, even though i dont like TDKR, this will pave the way for stories like Killing joke, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Black Mirror, some LOTDK like Venom/Gothic/Prey.

I would also love a bonus mini movie on each film based around Haunted knight; Long Halloween could have 'Fears', Killing joke could have 'Madness', and Dark Victory could have 'Ghosts'.

And yeah, they are strategically selected one shots for each film ;)

Oh, is Year one any good!? Keep wanting to import the blu ray.

Best Buy exclusive-

nrNK2.jpg

Best Buy exclusive-

nrNK2.jpg

Is that the same size as the old JLA or BTAS figures? I have a few of the different-colored Batman figures from that series -- Justice Lords, etc. -- and that wouldn't look half bad alongside.

SnakeDoc

I really hope these pave the way for a Long Halloween adaptation... watching Tim Sale's art animated is a longtime wish...

I've watched it twice... Its the most faithful release so far and well done, some things have changed here and there. But I really like it... It reminded me of HBO's Spawn in terms of animation. Really liked it!

Awesome, awesome movie. I found it really faithful to the look and tone of the book without being too much of an exact copy.

I did think Weller could've been better. His voice is found, but he didn't really bring a lot of emotion into the scenes. He was at the same tone level through the whole movie it felt.

I'm glad there was at least one good Batman movie this year.

I'm hoping this will come out on UK iTunes fairly soon. I've never read the original GN (shocking I know) so I'm sure I'd get a better viewing experience from this too not knowing the plot.

As others above have mentioned, I really hope we see a few more animated adaptations in the future too, like Hush and most especially The Long Halloween.

Finally watched it last night. This was really, really good. I even liked Weller's voice.

Can't wait for Part 2.

Can't wait for this to appear in the U.K . TDKR is my favourite comic series of all time ( possibly my favourite BOOK) and the trailer's got me optimistic . Only just this week got round to watching "Under The Red Hood" and was VERY pleasantly surprised .:impatient:

I've watched it twice... Its the most faithful release so far and well done, some things have changed here and there. But I really like it... It reminded me of HBO's Spawn in terms of animation. Really liked it!

Can anyone tell me why they split the idea into two parts? :thud:

Back