DC Animated The Dark Knight Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me why they split the idea into two parts? :thud:

I didn't mind them splitting it up as much as I thought I would. Part 1 felt like a complete story and I like that they have extra screen time so the story doesn't feel rushed.

This Movie is AWESOME!!!!

Huge fan of the character and original book. this feature is faithful and very well done. at the moment i would say its the best DC animated epic thus far, top notch music, great voice acting and action!

Its dark, gritty, violent, and just bad@$$! I think the main reasons they broke it into 2 parts is to not short change the materiel, the orignal book is a bible to most fans and these animated flicks run like 80 minutes MAX, so to rush it into 1 would be lame, and the fact its broken into 2 parts makes it feel like more of an event IMO

Bravo to the DC Creative Team, this ones an epic win!

just seen it. effin loved it.:clap
i prefer the artwork on this movie though. still amazing story. :]

i actually picked up a copy from the sale bin for $25 before i went on holiday. wasnt to keen on the artwork but the storyline was amazing. :lol

This is the best DC animated movie by far and also to me, the best Batman movie. I liked it even better the Under the Red Hood which was brilliant. If Nolan's Rises would have been even half as good as The Dark Knight Returns I would be happy. But sadly it is not the case.

Watched it the other day, and while it was an enjoyable movie, it didn't really fulfill my vision of the book.
I felt a lot of the sarcastic humor and irony were lost in the "acting".

I heard December 2013. That's what some websites are saying, and that's what the behind the scenes 'Making of' Doc said.

Not 2013 December! They are very-very wrong. The Behind of the Scenes stuff never said that anyway. They just weren't specific about the info and because of that it was misunderstood by many people. If I remember correctly they said it will be released around winter...but they forget to say it will be at the early period of the next year.

https://www.worldsfinestonline.com/...image-footage-debuting-at-new-york-comic-con/

"Attendees of the Con will be the first to see footage from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the highly anticipated epic animated conclusion to Frank Miller’s landmark story. On Saturday, October 13 from 12:15-1:15 p.m. in the IGN Theater at the Jacob Javitz Center, executive producer Bruce Timm, dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano and special guests will discuss the making of the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie and show some tantalizing clips. Also anticipated during the panel is the announcement of the 2013 slate of DCU animated films. Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 will arrive from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment in early 2013."

Also they are almost finished Part 2 completely.

Last edited:
Back