Statue DC Bombshell line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope she's wearing asbestos panties, or that cute little tail is going to get burned! Yikes! :horror

View attachment 157867

While i get the reference and the humor, a fireproof thong isn't needed, thanks to the belt of Nth metal, she would be well protected. To the Hawks, it grants the power of flight, superhuman strength, super-acute vision, and an enhanced healing/regeneration ability.

My Stargirl arrived today! Aside from a small paint chip on the star emblem on her chest she's perfect, really happy with the paint application.

Quick question (as this is my first bombshell), can you apply quite large amount of pressure to the peg, to fit it into the base? It was quite a tight fit and I was pretty nervous I would accidently damage the figurine. As it stands, the foot is hovering a millimetre or two above the base, should I attempt to push down further or just leave it? She seems fairly stable.

I'll post some photos later :)

My Stargirl arrived today! Aside from a small paint chip on the star emblem on her chest she's perfect, really happy with the paint application.

Quick question (as this is my first bombshell), can you apply quite large amount of pressure to the peg, to fit it into the base? It was quite a tight fit and I was pretty nervous I would accidently damage the figurine. As it stands, the foot is hovering a millimetre or two above the base, should I attempt to push down further or just leave it? She seems fairly stable.

First, :hi5: on the arrival.
As to pressure, if it's perfectly aligned,she should fit without overt force and she should fit mostly flush, depending on how confident you are, you could {I probably would, but I have bad ocd} gently remove her, check the peg for overglue/paint at the tip of the peg and where the peg enters the foot. then check the base peg slot for any debris.
If there's anything on the peg, you could {carefully} use an exactoknife or razor blade to clean the base of the peg, and use a sewing needle or small nail to verify there's nothing in the base peg slot. Compressed air could be carefully used on the base.
Another thing maybe that they didn't set it just right and the peg is too long, in that case you're stuck.
removal is o.k. imo, just be careful during and safe where placing her "off base".
All that said, if it won't bother you or if you don't plan on holding her much {yes I do that :naughty), you could probably leave her if there isn't any wobble, a MM isn't much.
Sorry about the chip, that's too advanced a repair for me, I won't advise on that, hopefully it isn't that noticeable.

Glad she's with you & your happy with her :)

Mine was tight in the peg hole as well but I didn't force here.
I just sort of twisted her a little left & right until she wiggled herself home.

My LCS have another & he had to dremmel the hole a bit to get her to fit as no amount of wiggling would get her to go in.

I personally wouldn't leave her hovering a bit I'd much sooner she was home & secure in the hole.

Don't go using too much force but a bit of a wiggle should see her go in flush

Look forward to your pics

In other news still no Zatanna for me :monkey2:monkey2

My LCS wasn't even sure she'd been released until I told him you have her in hand already & then he seemed surprised by that so is following up for me but I'm a bit worried I might not have her now.

Told him not to fret on Holiday Harley.
The more I think about her the more I'm not too fussed.
The hit & miss nature of her takes the edge off of getting her.
I'll see what he gets but I will possibly pass on her at this rate.

Hawkgirl though is a definite & those collage's you did Sam look amazing...cannot wait for her :)

Neil

Glad she's with you & your happy with her :)

Mine was tight in the peg hole as well but I didn't force here.
I just sort of twisted her a little left & right until she wiggled herself home.

My LCS have another & he had to dremmel the hole a bit to get her to fit as no amount of wiggling would get her to go in.

I personally wouldn't leave her hovering a bit I'd much sooner she was home & secure in the hole.

Don't go using too much force but a bit of a wiggle should see her go in flush

Look forward to your pics

In other news still no Zatanna for me :monkey2:monkey2

My LCS wasn't even sure she'd been released until I told him you have her in hand already & then he seemed surprised by that so is following up for me but I'm a bit worried I might not have her now.

Told him not to fret on Holiday Harley.
The more I think about her the more I'm not too fussed.
The hit & miss nature of her takes the edge off of getting her.
I'll see what he gets but I will possibly pass on her at this rate.

Hawkgirl though is a definite & those collage's you did Sam look amazing...cannot wait for her :)

Neil

Good points

Me Too :slap on saying so.

Amazon has Zatanna under review for some reason, however there are quite a few on ebay.

This seller is "in country" and has 4 and has really good feedback, just informing if you don't want to risk your lcs not coming through.
DC DIRECT ZATANNA STATUE figure BOMBSHELLS batman joker tim miller | eBay

Thanks re; Hawkgirl, if she's anywhere as good in hand, she will become a big favorite, so fun.
Trying to find more pics of Mera {May}and Lois {Aug}.

:impatient:COME ON DC:gah:, ANNOUNCEMENTS:banghead, PLEASE?:pray::thud::pray::impatient:

DcpoUio.png

Photos!
Untitled.jpg

Think I might just leave the peg as is for now, felt like I applied a fair amount of pressure to her foot anyway. She doesn't wobble and I will probably leave her in the display cabinet :) As a side note, I'm really impressed with the face paint application. Her eye make-up is particularly neat, despite wearing goggles.

Mera looks great. I'm not familiar with the character so had a quick read up and she sounds cool. Might have to get her too! I originally only planned on one...oh well. Looks like I'm hopefully going to acquire a Harley, an Ivy and a Mera!

Nice Collage again Sam

Still not sold on her though & honestly not too upset if I don't get her.
Will wait to see her in hand before making a judgement.

Photos!
View attachment 158148

Think I might just leave the peg as is for now, felt like I applied a fair amount of pressure to her foot anyway. She doesn't wobble and I will probably leave her in the display cabinet :) As a side note, I'm really impressed with the face paint application. Her eye make-up is particularly neat, despite wearing goggles.

Mera looks great. I'm not familiar with the character so had a quick read up and she sounds cool. Might have to get her too! I originally only planned on one...oh well. Looks like I'm hopefully going to acquire a Harley, an Ivy and a Mera!

Looking good :)

These things just snowball don't they?
I only planned on a couple & currently I'm only missing Wonder Woman from the original line up & now Zatanna & HH.

It soon takes over.

Neil

Neil- Knowing me, I'm probably going to end up having to collect all of them, better start saving :slap

Neil- Knowing me, I'm probably going to end up having to collect all of them, better start saving :slap

Lol it's an addiction for sure.

It doesn't help me when I collect Transformers & Premium Format statues too...my Poison Ivy Green with Envy has been delivered today so it's a particularly expensive time for me at the moment

I don't even have any of mine on display so I'm currently left staring at boxes so it's even more annoying :gah:

Neil

Congrats on Green With Envy!
I was debating buying her for quite a while (Harley and Ivy are two of my favourite characters), but ultimately wanted to buy something cheaper (hello bombshells). Do you have the original Ivy too? I love the green variant, so vibrant :)

Sucks that you can't display them though. I've only had Stargirl a few hours and find myself constantly looking at her. Hopefully you'll be able to display all of them in their awesome glory soon!

Congrats on Green With Envy!
I was debating buying her for quite a while (Harley and Ivy are two of my favourite characters), but ultimately wanted to buy something cheaper (hello bombshells). Do you have the original Ivy too? I love the green variant, so vibrant :)

Sucks that you can't display them though. I've only had Stargirl a few hours and find myself constantly looking at her. Hopefully you'll be able to display all of them in their awesome glory soon!

Opened her up earlier & I'm just waiting for my pics to upload but she is a stunner absolutely lovely to look at.
I don't have the original had to cancel her as I needed the cash elsewhere & if I'm honest I'm glad I did I much prefer this one to the original

Lol yeah it is a big pain...would love to have them out on display.
This is where they currently reside

Behind those are Ivy & Batgirl
Out of shot on the left are my Stargirl & Harley Premium Format.
Harley Bombshell is already in my storage unit which is where these will all be headed at the weekend :(

Neil

Remember, a 2nd edition of Mera would be based on the runner up:

Aquaman's Mera joins DC Bombshells Statue Line

View attachment 158722

Bring 'em both on!!!

Ah yeah I'd forgot that.
Reckon I'll skip the 1st edition & just go for the 2nd I prefer that one.

they are suffocating!!! :lectureLet them out!!!!:panic:

Lol tell me about it.

Problem is one bedroom flat with a 2 & half year old is a recipe for disaster once we move & I can get some extra space they will be released I promise :)

Neil

Back