Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the sculptor already confirmed the EX is the pissed off superman head

So you mind if I ask where because I read this from him that suggests it maybe that the 2 portraits are standard

"The figure will come with two head sculpts. “He’ll have one staring-into-the-distance portrait,” Andy explains. “The other one will be looking down, like in the Anka print, with very stern eyes, like he’s getting ready to light something up with his heat vision. After working on Batman, it’s rather exciting for me to be working away now at another iconic figure from the DC Universe.”

So you mind if I ask where because I read this from him that suggests it maybe that the 2 portraits are standard

"The figure will come with two head sculpts. “He’ll have one staring-into-the-distance portrait,” Andy explains. “The other one will be looking down, like in the Anka print, with very stern eyes, like he’s getting ready to light something up with his heat vision. After working on Batman, it’s rather exciting for me to be working away now at another iconic figure from the DC Universe.”

how do you NOT get pissed off Superman head sculpt from that description? :dunno

how do you NOT get pissed off Superman head sculpt from that description? :dunno

What I don't get is that the pissed off head is for sure the Ex and that it could just be a standard feature on both the Ex and the Reg with something else could be the exclusive feature. Honestly, I won't care either way as I will order the Ex on day ONE.

SSC-Superman-comp1.jpg

If they tweaked the corners of the PFs mouth, and alter the eyes and jawline slightly it would match the Bust a little better. They are both great, but the bust may be just a bit better for the head on shot.

What I don't get is that the pissed off head is for sure the Ex and that it could just be a standard feature on both the Ex and the Reg with something else could be the exclusive feature. Honestly, I won't care either way as I will order the Ex on day ONE.

ahhh, I get what your saying. I guess if the Batman reg came with two heads its possible the Superman reg could too. But what could possibly be the ex then? Its not like Superman has a lot of different accessories in the comics.

ahhh, I get what your saying. I guess if the Batman reg came with two heads its possible the Superman reg could too. But what could possibly be the ex then? Its not like Superman has a lot of different accessories in the comics.

The Phantom Zone Projector, Kandor, Kryptonian Data Crystal, his ship from Krypton, KRYPTO!!!! Heck even Bizzaro switch out head and hands. It could all be awesome.

The Phantom Zone Projector, Kandor, Kryptonian Data Crystal, his ship from Krypton, KRYPTO!!!! Heck even Bizzaro switch out head and hands. It could all be awesome.

Not saying you're wrong, I just doubt it. I'm thinking COH EX is the pretty much going to be it. But....I'm fairly sure we're going to find out in the next 12 days or so.

Not saying you're wrong, I just doubt it. I'm thinking COH EX is the pretty much going to be it. But....I'm fairly sure we're going to find out in the next 12 days or so.

Oh, and I am not NEARLY arrogant enough to think that I AM right either. The most likely Ex is the switch out head, BUT from what was said by the sculptor, and the fact that Batmans regular edition comes with two, I am just not making assumptions..

See it is the teacher in me, that has to teach my kids the difference between opinion and fact EVERY YEAR no mater which grade I teach, that just HAS to point out the difference. Saying "SSC is planning to come out with a Superman PF" is a fact, while saying "The Ex is going to suck because he will have angry eyes" is at this point both an opinion and an assumption. That is why guys came up with the acronyms "IMO" and "IMHO" because they realized they had been stating their opinions and wanted to say it that way. People on the Internet state their opinions as fact ALL the time, but they shouldn't assume they are right or that others will agree.

It is the old saying, "When you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME". You guys could totally be right, and I could be off base, I freely admit that one, but some should at least consider the fact that DC may not do another switch out head Ex seeing as that wasn't the original idea with Joker who's original Ex at least included a mallet.

For the exclusive, they may look to the movie and have a green crystal to lay on the base. Not what I would want, but being this will be a high demand piece, Sideshow may want to go the same route as Batman. "Do not make the exclusive that important so those who miss out will not be that upset" Just my opinion.

For the exclusive, they may look to the movie and have a green crystal to lay on the base. Not what I would want, but being this will be a high demand piece, Sideshow may want to go the same route as Batman. "Do not make the exclusive that important so those who miss out will not be that upset" Just my opinion.

They may do something silly like that hope not but think that is a terrible idea. Think about it, there will always be someone who missed out on the EX so why make a lame EX just for the people who missed it.:dunno

Last edited:
I agree King, but think about it. They made the batarang the exclusive and a lot of people did not care if they missed out on it. As long as they got the statue. I expect Superman to be no different. I hope the exclusive is nice, but in the end, if what we have seen is the regular edition, I will be more than happy.

I think with the news that they have tweaked the base there could always be something like the Phantom Zone projector, Kandor, an small image of an exploding Krypton with a little ship beating it away. They have lots of options, but I am with King ... I just hope it is cool?

P.S. I am actually against a light up feature being shoe horned into the head if it means messing up the facial anatomy like they did with the Cyclops Ex head

I agree King, but think about it. They made the batarang the exclusive and a lot of people did not care if they missed out on it. As long as they got the statue. I expect Superman to be no different. I hope the exclusive is nice, but in the end, if what we have seen is the regular edition, I will be more than happy.

Well, many have not seen the EX in person. Those that have really liked the Rang addition, but either way as you said it is a very epic sculpt and a must buy either way. Here's to hoping its a excellent EX. To me a great EX is always the extra headsculpt.

Back