Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More often than not, Superman is hopeful and determined. The two SSC pieces shown capture that perfectly. An angry Superman is the exception to the rule. Superman isn't about anger and rage, he's not Batman or Spider-Man or Wolverine. Trying to fit Superman into the Batman/Spider-Man/Wolverine diminishes the character and misses a ot of what makes him the definitive superhero.

In that STAS episode with Darkseid and the chief of police he is PLENTY pissed off! (best episode of the series btw)

other than the HT, no

Yeah and that's really a backup plan because..... screw figures!:lecture

In that STAS episode with Darkseid and the chief of police he is PLENTY pissed off! (best episode of the series btw)

What part of "exception to the rule" isn't clear? I didn't say that Superman NEVER gets angry, just that he's not an angry character. Thus, a statue that should try to capture the essence of a character should avoid the exception to the rule and go for the rule.

The STAS episode with Darkseid or the JLU [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo6F4xYTvA"]episode[/ame] wouldn't have had the impact they did if Superman was shown to be angry all the time.

Sorry, but I would definitely not characterize Spidey as an angry hero. He's even more happy go lucky than Supes.

Okay, angry might not be quite right, but Spider-Man falls into the angst ridden character like Batman and Wolverine that Superman does not.

You are totally departed from the subject. The facial expression in this case. the angry face has nothing to do with what you are talking about. Who is talking about the Superman who is like Batman for example? I know the characther very well in my hearth and also he is my favorite next to the Dark knight. They are different characters, but Superman is angry in the comics too, not just the nice guy and yes he can show even rage too. He is not that 2 dimensional character like you descriped. Yeah sure, he is the hope, he is special among others, other superheroes, he is good and probably the best in his hearth but he is not without anger or rage or frustration.

The expression is exactly the point. Superman isn't a character that's given to anger. While he's been shown to be angry, that's the exception to the rule. And so, again, when a statue is made that tries to capture the essence of a character, it shouldn't be made to capture the exception, but to capture the rule. That's what's clearly been done with the 1:1 Superman bust and the PF that we've see so far. Both, in my opinion, are the best statues of Superman ever mass produced and capture the character very well. The "angry eyes" Superman doesn't capture the rule and focuses on the exception and is thus inferior.

The expression is exactly the point. Superman isn't a character that's given to anger. While he's been shown to be angry, that's the exception to the rule. And so, again, when a statue is made that tries to capture the essence of a character, it shouldn't be made to capture the exception, but to capture the rule. That's what's clearly been done with the 1:1 Superman bust and the PF that we've see so far. Both, in my opinion, are the best statues of Superman ever mass produced and capture the character very well. The "angry eyes" Superman doesn't capture the rule and focuses on the exception and is thus inferior.

You don't have to display the extra head :dunno

Dude you are totally aloud to have your opinion, but it is JUST that an opinion and not a fact. I hope that you get the statue you want dude.

THIS is the only real point that needs to be made ... Lol

brilliant.jpg

Wait but I do not think the angry head will be the regular head. Probably it will be the exclusive or they will release the hole thing like the Batman PF with two heads and something little for the exclusive. I don't see a problem. It is certain that we will get the relaxed Superman head so. The more choice is the better. If you don't like it don't use the angry head. It is simple.

What part of "exception to the rule" isn't clear? I didn't say that Superman NEVER gets angry, just that he's not an angry character. Thus, a statue that should try to capture the essence of a character should avoid the exception to the rule and go for the rule.

The STAS episode with Darkseid or the JLU wouldn't have had the impact they did if Superman was shown to be angry all the time.

Totally true.

dcholiday.jpg

Hey Guys I'm heading off on a much needed break. I just wanted to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas/Festive Season and a Happy New Year.
Thanks for all the debate and many laughs and I look forward to catching up with you all again in 2013. The year we finish the Trinity!! :wave

Cheers Ondi :duff

Back