Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly::goodpost: No cheesy toy-like "lightbulb eyes" on a $350+ statue for me please. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking. "Oh goody, he has light bulbs in his eyes that light up!" :slap Um yeah, that will age well and won't malfunction eventually, sure.... :panic: As for the ES, if it's higher than Batman (not gonna happen BTW as Batman is more popular than Supes) that won't be appealing for me. If you look at ANY old high ES statue on ebay of any statue company, they are all now selling for less than their original retail price. Check ebay listings if you don't believe me. I'm talking an ES of 5000 pieces or more. I would NEVER sell Supes to anyone, but I certainly won't feel as pleased to own him if 10,000 other people have the exact same piece. LMAO, I think I'm in a bad mood tonight or something. :rotfl stepping off soap box now...

P.S. If the Ex has an exclusive head and the Ex ES is 2000 or less then I take back everything I said and this Ex statue is a win! Please no simple Ex with only a different "hand." That would be lame IMHO lol.

Sorry, but I need to re-state my opinion after reading some of these posts lol. Please, why on earth would people want light up eyes?! That Cyclops Ex PF is a real grail now isn't he...? LMAO. So much so that the broken Cyclops PF whose light up eyes no longer are functional is sitting on sale in stock at BBTS for months and no one is buying him. :slap Don't mess with Supes please. No light up eyes SS please because they eventually break.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think they will be light up. Everything about this statue for me yells less is more. It's a classis piece and doesn't really call for much more IMO. Hell they may not even give the second headscult red eyes. I would actually prefer it as that would provide more displaying options for me.

Maybe that is the EX! A third portrait with the red eyes that would be cool

I honestly don't think they will be light up. Everything about this statue for me yells less is more. It's a classis piece and doesn't really call for much more IMO. Hell they may not even give the second headscult red eyes. I would actually prefer it as that would provide more displaying options for me.

Maybe that is the EX! A third portrait with the red eyes that would be cool

:exactly::goodpost: Superman needs to be a classic and timeless piece. I just don't get these "Wow, cool, light up eyes" people. Not to insult anyone, but are these people that want this on Superman's PF eleven years old...? Light up eyes are for toys, not an expensive statue. :slap Your idea for an Ex is great.

The light up lightsabers on the Jedi and Sith PFs are pretty awesome. I had this discussion with someone a day or so ago and it just depends on the collector. I love light up features, I use them frequently while other collectors only see them as a gimmick and not adult enough. If one head lights up and the other doesn't I don't see what the harm is if the EX is has light feature honestly. It satisfies both camps.

Last edited:
pleople just relax,dont scary about if brings lighted eyes or not

anyway you can use a sticker :rotfl

Universal-3D-ABS-chrome-Big-Red-Eyes-sticker-car-logo-symbol-mark-signs.jpg

dont know 100% if are lighted or painted but i wait to see it finish until make a value judgment, dosnt look like have a light system

superman_pf.jpg

did you remember this pic?

Untitled-8.png

is the same that Andy B have is his table,so its definitely the red eye´s head

Andy-Bergholtz.jpg

superman_pf-1.jpg

its only an idea but i think that this sheet can be the art print, the "ex option"

...and the regular brings 2 heads

Last edited:
Are we all agreed on that we are most likely not to have the Supes PF inhand until early 2014? This wait is a killer! I heard that the reason why so many pieces are being delayed of late is because SS have got all their designers working on fixing the Indiana Jones LSF!! :slap

pleople just relax,dont scary about if brings lighted eyes or not

anyway you can use a sticker :rotfl

Universal-3D-ABS-chrome-Big-Red-Eyes-sticker-car-logo-symbol-mark-signs.jpg

dont know 100% if are lighted or painted but i wait to see it finish until make a value judgment, dosnt look like have a light system

superman_pf.jpg

did you remember this pic?

Untitled-8.png

is the same that Andy B have is his table,so its definitely the red eye´s head

Andy-Bergholtz.jpg

superman_pf-1.jpg

its only an idea but i think that this sheet can be the art print, the "ex option"

...and the regular brings 2 heads

You wouldn't be able to tell if the head had a light up feature from the artists first sculpt. At least I don't think so. That head would most likely be sent to make a mold, and then another version would be used to figure out the electronics.

Oh and I am in the NO light up eyes camp....just one more thing that can go wrong IMHO.

You wouldn't be able to tell if the head had a light up feature from the artists first sculpt. At least I don't think so. That head would most likely be sent to make a mold, and then another version would be used to figure out the electronics.

Oh and I am in the NO light up eyes camp....just one more thing that can go wrong IMHO.

no,i dont telling that it brings light up feature but its true that he have the red eyes for sure in this head,painted or lighted

Poses of him surveying the LAND from above are just as much Superman as the other pose. Dude... Relax it will all be AWESOME!!!!!!!:hi5:

IF he's just surveying the land, that would work. If he's looking down in anger, that doesn't work at all.

All I know is that statue shown at Comic Con was PERFECT. No need to change the head at all.

IF he's just surveying the land, that would work. If he's looking down in anger, that doesn't work at all.

All I know is that statue shown at Comic Con was PERFECT. No need to change the head at all.

DUDE then don't ... No one but you gets to decide how you display your statues. IMHO a pissed off Superman about to come down off part of the Fortress to unleash a beating o Zod or Brainiac makes PERFECT sense to me. However that is me, and 90% of the guys in this thread.

I like COHs I think they are cool, and though I have favs I still like having the option. If you don't like it THAT much then don't display it or introduce it to Mr. Hammer. It won't effect me m8 so no need to keep going over the same ground.

Obviously we all have out opinions, but it's clear that "anger" hasn't been a large part of Superman's character until quite recently when "angry" characters (e.g. Wolverine, Batman, Punisher, etc.) became very popular. The angry Superman is a poor attempt to ride that wave.

Sure Superman gets angry and there are plenty of images that show that, but that's the exception to the rule. Superman just isn't an angry character and so a statue highlighting something so out of character just doesn't interest me or make sense to me.

But that's just my opinion, YMMV.

Obviously we all have out opinions, but it's clear that "anger" hasn't been a large part of Superman's character until quite recently when "angry" characters (e.g. Wolverine, Batman, Punisher, etc.) became very popular. The angry Superman is a poor attempt to ride that wave.

By recently, do you mean the late 1970s ?

Back