Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, probably an exception, but here in Europe you couldn't find a Reg Spidey Comiquette as people started to get their local preorders. I had one and then the retailer told me he was getting fewer units than he initially was told and that I was basically SOL. I had to buy it somewhere else for twice the retail price. That was my sourest experience statue-wise and almost made me quit the whole thing.

I was referring to US costomers. I know how rough it is for internatioal collectors. Spidey was also a unique piece. First off, there was a lot of QC issues with the paint job on him. Many of them were returned. That's probably what caused a shortage of quality pieces when it was released. Secondly, Spidey is a HUGELY popular character. The combination of those 2 factors could have easily caused the prices to spike for international customers.

That all being said, here in the US the Spidey Com didn't start to spike until well after about 2 years from it's release. The REG was available for around retail for quite awhile. Hell, even the EX was selling for around $500 for quite awhile. I'd have to say only in the last year or so has the Spidey Com really skyrocketed. When I saw peeps paying over a grand for the EX I knew whover didn't have it already was going to have to pay to play if they wanted it. Obviously since the Com was sold out, the REG also jumped in price. Remember, Spidey was released in 2009 I believe. That doesn't make it a recent release. Anyone state side that missed out on him either wasn't aware of this magnificent statue or they waited far too long thinking they can just pick him up later for a reasonable price.

REGs have a pretty proven track record. Retail or less after initial release. If any collector chooses to wait a few years to pick up a piece they want, then they are gambling with their own money.

It's just a peeled back banana isn't it? Hang on............:monkey1

Is it late? What the hell are we talking about?!?!? Where is Spidey with some pics for goodness sake!!

THESE PIC makes me SO HAPPY:yess::yess::yess::yess:

null_zps901645e1.jpg

null_zps13846300.jpg

null_zps631024f5.jpg

Well how's that for timing!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:hi5:

Spidey you're ability to know when to post pictures is uncanny

Early on the Ex will hold its value ... Reg won't ... Nuff said

You need to kind of figure out that repeating something over and over gets annoying .... I should know I do it too.

Yeppers

You are on CRACK if you don't think this will sell out faster then a week or a month, or at a rate faster then a Batarang or a couple of mutant plants. The X statues,for Batman, Ivy, and even the grey Hulk sold at a rate of about 500 statues a day. This is a COH with energy trails coming out of the eyes similar to that on Gabits EX hand, and it is SUPERMAN. This will sell VERY fast. How many days depends on the ES. Batman size I give it 3-4 at the MOST. Up towards 3000 5-6 days max. Finally, with ALL of the characters you have spent tens of thousands of dollars on CBG you are going to "save" maybe $200 on SUPERMAN?!?!? I am sorry that just doesn't make any sense to me

Sorry to burst your bubble Joseph, but I think she was talking about removing the photoshop effects on the EX pic. I think the EX effect is going to be a clear resign trail similar to the Gambit EX hand so I don't know if it will be removable.

Definitely buying an Ex if he looks great day one. I just hope those Ex eyes look good but will wait for a full reveal. How's that for repetition? :rotfl Have a great day everyone (ink included) jk. :wave

Na.....The original head is too comic, eyes too big, face too naive, however the new head is a great improvement, more realistic and more sophisticated.

I normally don't like the older look, but I like this one. You are right he looks good. The first proto head was younger, which was what I wanted, but seems a bit off to me in his facial expression looked too much like the bust which I was not a fan of at all. I hated that weird smurk on it. This one is not too shabby. :)

any of you saying you dont care about the edition size are either lying or ignorant.

Sure if the edition size is 500 that would be great! it would warrant the $400+ price tag...but if you take the same $400 and make it a 20,000 edition size that is just ridiculous. the price should reflect the edition size and vice versa. dont be fools.

any of you saying you dont care about the edition size are either lying or ignorant.

Sure if the edition size is 500 that would be great! it would warrant the $400+ price tag...but if you take the same $400 and make it a 20,000 edition size that is just ridiculous. the price should reflect the edition size and vice versa. dont be fools.

Oh no I understand all of it, I just don't CARE!! I want an amazing statue.. That is IT! If it was cheaper that would be cool, but it won't be so there is no point in complaining.

Superman will have a massive market. This will be appealing to a lot of non collectors. I think even with a large ES the price tag is warranted. Supply on its own means nothing. But relative to demand it is.

Yeah, you guys got it easy. :monkey2

Spidey was released in 2010, though, wasn't it? I actually think I received it in 2011.

It was 2010. I received my EX just before Christmas. Peeps actually had about a year to pick this up at reasonable prices. Now...forgetaboutit! :lol

I'm not taking any chances with Supes. Day one EX PO for me. I'll let everyone else worry about when and how much they can pick him up down the line for. I will say that anyone who wants a REG should have no problem picking one up at retail or less for awhile. The EX, not so much. Either way, I'll have mine. :yess:

Back