Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's probably fair to say that Batman is more popular than Superman but at the same time the market is not saturated with Superman stuff.

I think both characters are worthy of high numbers.

I think it's probably fair to say that Batman is more popular than Superman but at the same time the market is not saturated with Superman stuff.

I think both characters are worthy of high numbers.

No doubt. It's just over the last 30 years Batman has been the more popular character. But both are very recognizable and still after 70plus years both have hardcore fans.

As mentioned, I think Batman is more popular now, but you really can't get more iconic than Superman.

I mean, Superman represents the superhero genre as a whole. He even gave the term "superman" its popular meaning.

Yeah, I know Nietzsche coined the term "übermensch", but you get my drift.

I still wish they were a lot lower in edition size though. I've never been one to care much about how limited something is but at the same time sometimes it gets so saturated that it just takes the edge off of it a little.

10,000 on batman is very high. I'd say even 5000 is high but it's a business so I guess they make as many as they can sell so fair play.

Superman will probably fetch similar numbers so there's really no rush to buy these (sans exclusive). I'd probably even bet you'll get the regular a fair bit under retail 6 months after.

Oh I will am not above admiting I am wrong just look at my status... Lol. So if you are willing to change yours to Spidey was right I am willing to change mine to MasterS was right...lol

Do you manage to pick up the Skaar ex

Oh I will am not above admiting I am wrong just look at my status... Lol. So if you are willing to change yours to Spidey was right I am willing to change mine to MasterS was right...lol

Your status? What is your status Spidey? Where can i check on that? I'm not placing any bets. I usually end up on the wrong end. :lol I just don't think the edition sizes will be as large as I've seen some predict... In the tens of thousands.

Do you manage to pick up the Skaar ex

Unfortunately I have decided to let him go for now... I have other statues who just mean more to me... that I have a connection to since I was a small kid. So Skaar will HAVE to wait, and in the end I might not end up with him, and I have made piece with that... lol

Your status? What is your status Spidey? Where can i check on that? I'm not placing any bets. I usually end up on the wrong end. :lol I just don't think the edition sizes will be as large as I've seen some predict... In the tens of thousands.

If you look right UNDER my avatar it says "Snadinator was Right!!!". I change it because I made way to much fun of the GL PF so when I ADMITTED I was wrong I put my money were my mouth was so to speak. As for the ES size, the only reason I can see it being bigger then Batman is that despite the fact that the Batman comics are more popular, Superman is equally ICONIC, and I think that the Batman PF has brought a lot of new collectors to the hobby who are ALSO going to get Superman. Also, Superman my bring his own followers as well.

Unfortunately I have decided to let him go for now... I have other statues who just mean more to me... that I have a connection to since I was a small kid. So Skaar will HAVE to wait, and in the end I might not end up with him, and I have made piece with that... lol

If you look right UNDER my avatar it says "Snadinator was Right!!!". I change it because I made way to much fun of the GL PF so when I ADMITTED I was wrong I put my money were my mouth was so to speak. As for the ES size, the only reason I can see it being bigger then Batman is that despite the fact that the Batman comics are more popular, Superman is equally ICONIC, and I think that the Batman PF has brought a lot of new collectors to the hobby who are ALSO going to get Superman. Also, Superman my bring his own followers as well.

:lol Ha so you're looking for a way out? Jk I'd be a little surprised if Superman edition sizes end up "Super" high!

If Batman can have two portraits (both young and old) plus the ex I don't see why Supes can't have the same. New head is not bad, but it would be nice to have him looking younger. Much preferred the prototype head. Especially if the ex head looks to ridiculous, at least you have the option with the regular ed.

My prediction: :lecture Numbers to be equal or less.
Superman Ex =/< Batman EX 2000
Superman Reg =/< Batman Reg 7500

Anything more will be a little surprising and disappointing.

If Batman can have two portraits (both young and old) plus the ex I don't see why Supes can't have the same. New head is not bad, but it would be nice to have him looking younger. Much preferred the prototype head. Especially if the ex head looks to ridiculous, at least you have the option with the regular ed.
SSC Alex was nice enough to confirm that

Ex=2 Heads
Reg=1 Head

I would have loved to have the SDCC head as well.

Ugh already pages of pointless and stupid ES debates before it is even revealed. I'll probably just have to stop visiting this thread after I preorder because there is only so much I can take when it comes to these ES discussions.

Ugh already pages of pointless and stupid ES debates before it is even revealed. I'll probably just have to stop visiting this thread after I preorder because there is only so much I can take when it comes to these ES discussions.

Don't forget to come back for the googly eyes discussion and the myriad of photoshoped comparisons of proto vs prod. :yess:

Back