DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Ah cool, thanks for the tip. I thought it was just since they were loose, even though it was a closet in an air conditioned home. It was really a Clayface repaint and original Two Face that had it the worst. Other figures got better after I took them out of the plastic container they were in and dried off a little. But I'll definitely do that to get rid of any remaining residue. I was honestly surprised it happened, since I have other figures from Kenner from the same time with zero problems. I always thought they had some of the best plastic quality around. Even my Killer Croc head also yellowed now that I remember :/

As for the pre-order, I do it through dcbservice.com. But the only thing is they only go up for pre-order on their site when they're solicited for the month thru Diamond.

Thanks, AM.
I've used DSBS before and they're great. I don't think the animated series figures are up for pre-order anymore though. I spent the last half an hour searching their site and can't find them anywhere.

Thank God I saw this Thread. I pre-ordered this whole line with BBTS.
Just canceled the Whole line. Would have been Really Pissed to receive those with Holes all over them.
Same reason I never bought the Brave & Bold line.

The holes aren't a deal breaker for me. Not as pretty as prototypes, but these still are amazing. Especially the level of detail as far as accessories are concerned. Character selection is great, too.

BTAS_HarleyQuinn_AF_s4.jpg

BTAS_TheCreeper_AF_s4.jpg

BTAS_KillerCroc_AF_s4.jpg

BTAS_Robin_AF_s4.jpg

I really wish they would have just done JLU. They could have made way more characters and just about all of these as well.

New wave in prototype stage looks good. The Creeper will be the 1st figure I'll be skipping. I was never a fan. Seemed out of place in the Batman animated setting.

I finally found the link to DCBService pre=order. Unfortunately, the "add to cart" button is no longer active.

New Batman Adventures Batman AF - Discount Comic Book Service

What's the cheapest place to pre-order these now?

Lastly, La La Land Records just recently released their 3rd volume of the original Batman: The Animated Series score. Limited edition of only 3000.

I'll wait till I see final production models to make sure these don't have holes either, cause thats ridiculous.

I like all of those except the Creeper. I don't know why but I just never liked the character. Hope they don't have holes in them.

Love this wave. Especially Baby Doll. Looking forward to a Killer Croc/Baby Doll set in the B:TAS style as well.

New wave in prototype stage looks good. The Creeper will be the 1st figure I'll be skipping. I was never a fan. Seemed out of place in the Batman animated setting.

I finally found the link to DCBService pre=order. Unfortunately, the "add to cart" button is no longer active.

New Batman Adventures Batman AF - Discount Comic Book Service

What's the cheapest place to pre-order these now?

Lastly, La La Land Records just recently released their 3rd volume of the original Batman: The Animated Series score. Limited edition of only 3000.

Dcbs only solicits and takes orders the same month previews does. These will most likely be up on their site during next month.

I'll be skipping Creeper for sure. Never liked him either. He seemed out of place to me as well. Never liked his design either. The previous Kenner version of the figure was a pegwarmer and eyesore.

Whatever issues of quality or price or whatever the **** I will buy the OG 90s TAS Batman and Two-Face. And probably Joker and Robin too. I'm 50/50 on selina because the joints look particularly terrible on her.

But the episode where he becomes two-face made such a massive impression on me as a kid, I'll never forget that, I was 5 years old. I gotta have those two. And I'd rather have Joker in the hat and trench coat, why exactly I don't know though. Probably because of the episode.

So I might pass on everything except 90s Robin for now, and wait for different versions. Never watched that new adventures show and I don't like how far away from normal bodies it's stylised.

Dcbs only solicits and takes orders the same month previews does. These will most likely be up on their site during next month.

Ah! I understand now.
Very cool. Spending $17 each is a lot more comfortable to me than $25.
Thank you for clarifying. I'll definitely keep my eyes opened for the preorder to come up.

Batman the Animated Series boxes will be red with the Batman logo. Only the new adventures are blue, and they have a different logo.

YT7KRLQ.jpg

The final products look fantastic, and very close to the prototypes. The joint pegs on the legs aren't as noticeable on some of the figures.

TWuOAe3.jpg

dVUGC3d.jpg

VUSjjhO.jpg

xQ239Kb.jpg

GL999xX.jpg

Back