DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I just hope they don't use that brittle clear plastic for the joints like in all their previous recent figures.

Bizarro's holding up pretty good though.

Ordered the wave one figures from Amazon. Is the Harley Quinn supposed to be in wave one too? I saw her in the picture with the other figures from the wave but don't remember her being part of the initial announcement and the only place I've seen her up for order is Big Bad Toy Store.

^ No, Harley Quinn is in Wave 3. Here are the first four waves:

Wave 1: (TNBA) Batman, Two-Face, Mr Freeze (BTAS) Catwoman

Wave 2: (TNBA) Poison Ivy (BTAS) Joker, Robin, Man-Bat

Wave 3: (TNBA) Robin, Killer Croc & Baby Doll, The Creeper (BTAS) Harley Quinn

Wave 4: (TNBA) Batgirl (BTAS) Batman, Riddler, Penguin

This photo that Paul Dini tweeted shows us that the BTAS figures will have the red & black Batman logo/color-scheme so that's good news.

The bad news is that they clearly still have the holes in the legs....... looks like that's what we're getting.

Damn, what a lineup! These will likely be my first DC Collectibles figures, didn't get any of the AO figures.

Thanks to Paul Dini for showing us the love! You know what, I can deal with the damn holes. Just bring on the figures!

They should have just axed the hip articulation. The Arkham figures are fine and they don't have the holes in their legs. It's not like these figures will look good doing splits anyway.

I'll probably get extras of my favorite BTAS characters/figures to keep carded to go with my Kenner collection. The classic logo with the red and black looks a lot better than the blue cards.

I can't wait until waves two and four! I'll get all the figures hopefully (even The Creeper) but I'm definitely more excited for the Batman: The Animated Series figures.

Wave 4 is the stand out to me with BTAS Batman, Riddler and Penguin. Reminds me of Wave 1 from 1993.

As a show I honestly like The New Adventures of Batman just as much. The tone is very similar, I just overall don't love some of the character re-designs.

As a show I honestly like The New Adventures of Batman just as much. The tone is very similar, I just overall don't love some of the character re-designs.

It's cool. I was in college by then, so it wasn't really "my" Batman cartoon anymore.

It's cool. I was in college by then, so it wasn't really "my" Batman cartoon anymore.
I was still fairly young so I remember both from childhood. I think both hold up fine though and like I said other than the revamped look the show was overall pretty similar.

I was still fairly young so I remember both from childhood. I think both hold up fine though and like I said other than the revamped look the show was overall pretty similar.

Plus it's something different, not the typical Burton or Nolan, or even Arkham, stuff.

I wonder how far DC Collectibles is going to take this line. I assume if sales are good enough we'll for sure get the main heros and villains but I wonder if they'll give us more side characters like Alfred, Gordon, Bullock, Montoya, etc. or even if we'll get some of the villains like Falcone or possibly alter egos of certain characters like Bruce, D*ck, Tim, Barbara. I would think if they're making a random villain like The Creeper in one of the first waves that the plans are pretty extensive but who knows.

So I haven't been keeping up. When is series 1 hitting? Sorry.

Figures are looking great so far. I wouldn't have even noticed the peg holes if it hadn't been mentioned here. Hopefully the build quality is good. Wonder when these will actually ship.

I'm still trying to figure out why some photos show the figures with obvious, ugly peg holes in the upper thighs while others show them with peg holes that have been covered and painted over. The latter are the pictures we're getting now, but the former were ugly enough to make me cancel my pre-orders, and I still don't know which will be the final product once they're released.

Maybe they read the feedback online about the peg holes and are getting them covered. Wave two was delayed so maybe they only were able to make the change to the wave one figures by the original scheduled release.

Hopefully they do fix that for the rest of the line.

The shoulders and elbows don't have pegs, but the early prototypes at TF and SDCC had them. Why didn't they do the same for the hips and knees? DCC has done that with other figures. No pegs showing at the joints.

This line would greatly benefit from that since the designs are so simple. The pegs are glaring.

Last edited:
Back