DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

One thing that I think is crazy is how similar the Batman sculpt looks to a 1/6th custom project from last year. I think it may have to do with similar reference materials, and that may be why some stuff seems off, as that sculpt was also based on the turn arounds and concept art.

Excited, but all it needs to be spot on is the blue streaks on the gloves and feet

No, but I don't think it would look good with all that blue on the head, gloves, and boots. I'm actually surprised the cape's lining is blue. I was expecting it to be black.

Do you guys think they will make the batmobile or batwing in this line?.don't think the old Kenner vehicles would fit thsee guys lol

Do you guys think they will make the batmobile or batwing in this line?.don't think the old Kenner vehicles would fit thsee guys lol

A while back, it was posted on this thread, the guy from DCC said that vehicles were a possibility, or "not off the table" or something like that, so it's possible, but it would be a first for DCC. Then again, they just release a huge Batman figure wearing an armor suit and it has articulated fingers, which is also a first for them, so it's possible that we might see a vehicle at some point. I think the art work is simple enough for them to make it, since it's not as complex as the Arkham game Batmobile.

The ol' bait and switch, eh?

Yeah, wave 1 promo and prototypes were clean and nice looking.

Then they were formally shown off with their ugly stupid peg holes.

Same thing happened with wave 2. Advertized with no holes.

changes.jpg

Attachments

• BTAS.jpg
    BTAS.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:

Love the BTAS Batman figure. Reminds me of the figure I had back in 1994, but with better sculpting and articulation. As far as I'm concerned, that thing is a definite buy. Hopefully they get the QC worked out in time for it's release. Anyone notice how the bat-symbol on the figure is the same as the one from Batman Returns?

Batman looks awesome there. I wasn't buying any of these, but. . .I'll buy him. And Robin and Joker to complement him, I guess :(

.....WOW.

It is truly the golden age of the Bat.....NECA Keaton Batman, Mezco DKR Batman, and now this 1992 BTAS Batman.

It's glorious!!

DiFabio's manip winz. The eyes are more accurate and the heads proportions are better.

DiFabio, any chance you could do a Penguin with a screen accurate Monacle and cigarette stick?

Back