DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Freeze:
I admit (that) I'm more of a fan of the BTNA designs overall, but am really looking forward to BTAS Freeze more than this one. Anywho:
The hands for this figure (more then all the other so far) are a very tight fit. The fist that the figure came with was barely hanging on as soon as I took the figure out. It looks as if the hand had already started to break when it was put in at the factory. Luckily, I won't ever use this hand.
Like Sallah has said, heating up the joints is highly recommended. Not even 10 seconds under a hair dryer will help.
Paint seems to be more sloppy on Freeze than any of the other figures so far. This seems odd (to me) as his design is very basic.
Fz.jpg
Fz1.jpg

Two Face:
I do wish that they would STOP using wires to tie the figures down. They cause groves in the waist. The figs seem very secure in there plastic housing as is. Like others, it appears the leg joint on the white leg is fused together by paint. Heat up the hands if you're going to put a gun in, otherwise the gun will shave grooves in the plastic. Heating helps as they are using "crumbly" plastic. I know Two-Face's suit might be perceived as 'white' on one side, but it was actually an off-white/blue. Kenner got it.
TF.jpg
TF3.jpg
Grp.jpg
I'm such a huge fan of the series, that I'll continue with this line (for now). At this time, I honestly can't tell if a larger set will look amazing together...or like a huge plastic mess.

Last edited:

Oh i thought the grooves where the plastic wires were around his torso were actually supposed to be little coat pockets haha i saw them and was like . . oh well that's a nice little touch LOL

Picked up Mr. Freeze today. Haven't opened him yet, but I'll be careful in doing so then taking a hairdryer to it.

So, if you pre-heat all the joints, will they be alright, or will you have to heat them every time?

I don't think heating the ankle on Batman would have made any difference for me. The thing was already shattered without me applying pressure or trying to move it. If I hit it with a blow dryer or submerged it in hot water, it would have still come off.

For something like an elbow joint or a hand joint where the peg is stuck/frozen and won't move is when heating the joints will help. So with the Mr. Freeze's elbow above, or Catwoman's shoulders, it would be preferable to heat them up before posing. It's not a guarantee mind you, but it can help.

The joints my my Freeze seems to be issue free. But I have a few other nitpicks...

- The base has a small peg inside it. The clear rod for the stand doesn't fit so I can't use the stand. Gonna try and use a hairdryer to soften it up.
- The fight foot is off on my figure, so he can't stand straight up and down. It looks ok in 'walking' pose but he will always need a stand (that I can't use right off the bat)
- The plastic is so hard on all the materials that I can't plug the spider legs into his head. Gonna try a hairdryer for that also.

I am happy that I have no breakage issues though. Just a high maintenance figure.

Just saw this on Facebook... Not sure what the original source is-

10428421_10101630958473365_2179468562366209533_n.jpg

Sallah

- The fight foot is off on my figure, so he can't stand straight up and down. It looks ok in 'walking' pose but he will always need a stand (that I can't use right off the bat)

Hmm... that should be solvable with the articulation? He has a swivel at the mid-calf, and the hinged ankle.. but there is also one more joint that a lot of folks don't know is there due to it being stuck (all 4 of mine were until I worked them). The foot actually pivots where it plugs into the ankle joint (like on Batman), they are just really, REALLY stuck at first. It is possible to get it to move, but you risk breaking it to get it to move.

Sallah

HOLY CRAP!

1.jpg

Sallah

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Sallah

Blue interior on Batman's cape = WIN

Sallah

Those are awesome. I really hope we get extra capes, like one where its fully closed. There doesn't seem to be peg holes on his thighs but there are some on his elbow and knees. Man I really want a Batman to come with a glider.

Back