DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Stephen-Colbert-Give-It-To-Me.gif

I'd love it if Penguin came with alternate tips for his umbrella.

I'm going to be the negative nancy and say I'm a little underwhelmed. I actually think the original Kenner figure got the face closer on Batman, and was hoping for something closer to the maquette dcd did years ago.

Penguin seems a little off too, but maybe that's the 3d translation. But of course I'll be getting them all.

Batman looks amazing and i'm so glad they included the blue lining on the inside of his cape! He looks perfect!

Penguin looks WAY more like the source material than the original kenner penguin did - however i miss his long smoke stick in his mouth . . i wish there was some way they could include that as he ALWAYS had it in the cartoon - missing that is sort of like Arkham City Riddler missing his glasses.

Riddler looks like a priest with that collar haha they made some painting mistakes on this advertising prototype. His collar is supposed to be black like the rest of his shirt, not the same color as his tie - but other than that - again - much closer to the source material than the original kenner Riddler.

Batgirl looks absolutely spot on!

love wave 4!!!

6NCfGHS.gif

:wink1: Penguin does look a little weird. :lol

:lol

smoke stick should be an easy thing to come up with. I figured out was off about him to me though. In the cartoon his monocle is big white "eye", where with the figure they gave it a real world translation. I'll probably end up painting it cartoon style.

Buying the **** out of Batman, don't care how much it falls apart. Gonna buy Robin too. Rest don't know.

Yeah, that's a shame. I don't get it, these figures aren't for kids anyway and it's part of the character :dunno It'd be like Popeye without his smoke pipe and tattoos, just doesn't look right.

DCC can't be sure this won't fall into the hands of kids, though, so it's covering its ass. Petitions, remember, petitions!

Can someone photo shop real quick the blue highlights? I want to paint those on the (one of the) figures I'll buy, and I'm curious how that will look.

That blue cape interior and classic oval Bat-symbol just ***** slapped me in the face. :lol

Even though I've been disappointed with DCC with the line so far, that BTAS Batman and Riddler blew me away. Very cool. Will buy regardless. If they have quality control issues, then the hell with DC Collectibles.

Penguin's headsculpt is pretty bad though and while I love BTAS Batman, I agree that the headsculpt ain't nearly as good as the Kenner one. I don't want to sound like a hipster, but Kenner nailed that back in '92. As for Riddler, get rid of that gray collar and he'd be perfect.

Glad it wasn't just me. I didn't want to come off like I was dumping on these, cause I love love love the line. But my initial gut reaction wasn't slam dunk as was the tnba Batman. Still must haves of course.

I think the angle and the photo aren't helping the Batman sculpt. Aren't they using the digital data or something like that to makes these figures accurate in 3D? I think Bats will look better when we see better pics of them on display.

I wonder if they got rid of the peg holes? They seem to have all the joints , except the peg holes on the thighs.

@DiFabio yeah I'm buying the OG Batman & Robin and if necessary I'll freakin glue them shut and set m up as statues. Don't care. Or I might leave them boxed. But those two I gotta own now. Visually they jump right out the cartoon.

For ****'s sake! Batman looks incredible!

This whole entire line is so bought.

Back