Director Tony Scott dead in apparent suicide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving a Prius and living in Maine.

Yeesh.

That is the greatest punishment.

:mad:

Maine is just like New Mexico, but instead of rocks and dirt, we have trees and grass. Winter doesn't get as cold. Summer doesn't get as hot. We have beaches, which means bikinis and fresh seafood. Plus, it's part of New England, which means Halloween is more Halloween here than it is anyplace else in the world.

So there. :pfft:

Maine is just like New Mexico, but instead of rocks and dirt, we have trees and grass. Winter doesn't get as cold. Summer doesn't get as hot. We have beaches, which means bikinis and fresh seafood. Plus, it's part of New England, which means Halloween is more Halloween here than it is anyplace else in the world.

EmmaStoneThumbsUp.gif

Can we ban the word Prius and the letter u inserted by foreigners in words like favorite?

This is sad news. :monkey2

I love Maine, but Halloween came from Ireland, I must point out. Halloween is more Halloween in Halloween land, than Maine's Halloween. Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.

Most Halloween place in the world, after Ireland. :lecture

Yes, with that I would agree.
:hi5:

Back to Scott, not a huge fan of his movies, but jesus, imagine topping yourself at 68?
In a bizzarre way of thinking that's even more tragic than someone who is younger and more foolish doing it.
I mean, I know he had a good long life behind him, but ending it in a way that he knew would forever define him, is very sad.

Back to Scott, not a huge fan of his movies, but jesus, imagine topping yourself at 68?
In a bizzarre way of thinking that's even more tragic than someone who is younger and more foolish doing it.
I mean, I know he had a good long life behind him, but ending it in a way that he knew would forever define him, is very sad.

Very public way of doing it too. Some people were speculating that he had a terminal illness of some kind, but nothing was confirmed.

I will go with the terminal illness theory too. Didn't one of their brother die like at a very young age from cancer? Might be in the family and he wants to off himself on his own terms rather than decay and suffer.

It it was Michael Bay doing it, he would have himself blow up before hitting the water.

:lol Hate Michael Bay. I guess I don't mind those silly Transformer movie, at least the first one.

Anyway, sad news. Suicide is beyond depressing. Bad Romance is classic but Crimson Tide is right behind it as being his best.Amazing performances from Hackman and Washington.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

First time I saw this I tho "That's odd..."
Srsly, we don't know a crap about his life cuz man can't just jump w/o any good reason.

Holy $h!t. This wasn't something I expected to see tonight.
And it's morning for me... Nice start for Monday :monkey2

I will go with the terminal illness theory too. Didn't one of their brother die like at a very young age from cancer? Might be in the family and he wants to off himself on his own terms rather than decay and suffer.

So rather than topping yourself you publicly jump off a bridge so police, divers etc would be needed and the whole world would watch that on the news? Thats selfish to the family.

Admitted, half his films made me want to do what he did but why do it so public and put the trauma of body recovery in the water and that, such quieter and less dramatic ways of doing it

Can we ban the word Prius and the letter u inserted by foreigners in words like favorite?

This is sad news. :monkey2

Remove the letter U? Sorry if you bastardised the language you stole from us. FavoUrite part about Americans, always claiming foreigners things and making them their own ;)

Actually, foreigners left where they were because it sucked, and came here because it's awesome.

No reason why they couldn't remove some of the more useless letters and improve the language while they were at it.

Just one more thing to do better than blind obeisance to tradition would have us. :duff

Back