Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't care. Doctor Who has had several spin offs for kids over the years. I don't feel any need to watch them.

It will probably be on Disney XD in the US where my kids will watch it.

I just don't see the attraction of this 'spin-off', will it include any current characters such as Missy or Clara? Very doubtful. Will it be basically Grange Hill with monsters? Almost certainly :slap

Just give the people what they want to see BBC instead of what you want them to see :lecture

I kinda wonder if this is what the BBC has in store for us in place of Doctor Who next year. Supposedly, there will be no Doctor Who next year. Maybe a Christmas special or an episode or two but no full series. That's what they are going with over at Gallifrey Base. Hope it's not true.

Today's episode:

image.jpeg

There are rumors there will be three movie length episodes next year ala Sherlock (also produced by Moffit).

Interesting. I hope we get something next year and not just this Class spinoff deal. Last night's episode was awesome. Great base under siege episode and reminded me a helluva lot of The Horror of Fang Rock.

Yeah, I think the season has been great so far. Last night was really solid.

I hope Capaldi hasn't used up all his one-liners in episode 3, replacing Capaldi would be a huge mistake.

I got some Alien/Aliens flashbacks from this episode. A huge step up in quality from the first two episodes IMO, it was a good thrill ride like the best new Who episodes. :)

Another 2nd part not on par with part 1, though Capaldi still shone with material as usual.

With Clara leaving some time this season I was hoping that O'Donnell was going to be an potential future companion. I really like her personally. A fan girl yes, but also tough and resourceful, with a bit of mystery to her. She interacted well with the Doctor, there was definitely some chemistry there. She has a Liz Shaw vibe to her.

OD1.jpg

I'm sorry that it will not happen now.

At first I was never a fan of Clara, but now I enjoy her more than Capaldi as Doctor. I don't think he's doing a bad job, but I enjoyed Tennant and Smith so much that it's hard to like someone older and harder.

Wow. Not me. Complete opposite. Capaldi is the Doctor.

I forgot to post the last episode's poster by Stuart Manning:

tumblr_nw00teMvry1u1e3abo1_500.jpg

Capaldi is a Doctor from the old school mold, much more in line with Hartnell. We didn't need another boy band member as Doctor. Sometimes he needs to be a cranky old fart.

I really like Clara. She seems to challenge the Doctor far more. Amy is still my favorite, but it's because she was fun; Clara is really more as development for the Doctor.

I also like Capaldi being as harsh as he is, though it seems he was much harsher in series 8. Smith was genuine and great, but he matched both Clara and Amy which is why I enjoy em all.

This last episode wasnt too bad imo. Just not a fan of 2 two parter back to back. I really liked the design of the Fisher King. Had a nostalgic Power Rangers vibe imo.

The 2 parter format is going last through the rest of the season. Then next year there is talk of a Sherlock style 3 episode season.

Capaldi is a Doctor from the old school mold, much more in line with Hartnell. We didn't need another boy band member as Doctor. Sometimes he needs to be a cranky old fart.

:exactly: :goodpost: :lol I think he is just fantastic as the Doctor. Loving this series so far! :)

Yes. :lecture It needed to be said. :goodpost:

Last edited:
Back