Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Probably one of the worst and most non-threatening aliens ever on Doctor Who.

"spooky light up eyes and sharp teeth" :panic

When he breathed fire I just wanted the Doctor to pull out a sausage on a fork and grill it on Leandro's breath.

Ron Perlman sighting?

6J0Wk6V.jpg

2ZLPZkE.jpg

Do people actually like the Osgood character? Having an in universe fangurl (or fanboy) just seems really stupid to me.

Imagine Star Wars if instead of beeps and boops, R2-D2 followed everyone around saying stuff like, "Yeah, never tell him the odds." "Can I have a light saber, too? Lightsabers are cool." "Nerfherder. Ha ha." "Your father? Oh no." and "GO EWOKS!"

Do people actually like the Osgood character? Having an in universe fangurl (or fanboy) just seems really stupid to me.

She's ok in small doses, as a character who pops up every now and again. Not sure I'd want her as a series regular though.

This latest two parter was a little rough around the edges here and there but its old school feel, topical subject matter, dark undertones, and Capaldi's performance elevated it into something very, very special. And did I say Capaldi's performance. The dude should be nominated for an Emmy and BAFTA just for that powerful speech at the end of last night's finale. That had me shaking and choked up all at the same time. You can really tell that just under his skin, the Doctor is a fragile, messed up and totally damaged being who has lived way too long and done way too many horrible things and he can't and will never shake them. How much more pain can he endure before he just just loses it? Some of the best acting ever done by an actor playing this role. I hope Capaldi stays on for the next several years.

I think this is the last time they need to use the Osgood character. They gave her a purpose. Now move along.

Agreed. That character has just been annoying as hell but this story turned her into someone full of gravitas and supreme importance. You really can't grow this character further unfortunately. Now by just having her on doing her fangirl routine would amount to total parody and take away from what they did to her.

Well, I've heard/read different versions:

1) None of that hapenned, it was all a story by Rasmussen. The Doctor never visited the place, the rescue party never showed up, nothing. So, by transmitting the message, he actually won. All humans from that point and onwards will be Sandmen.

2) Everything hapenned like shown. Rasmussen still won, but this creates the plot-hole of whether Clara will now become a Sandman as well.

Either way you cut it, the Sandmen won, which means that every human from the 38th Century and onwards will a Sandman. The Doctor lost it seems. Now, what makes people argue is whether Clara will slowly turn into a Sandman or not. Some say it's tied with her exit. Who knows?

Back