1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

just kidding ^^
i've seen all the ebay pics just wanted a first hand opinion :)

Thanks^^
Looks pretty close, maybe its only the arms...
Well i got one on each on their way i guess i'll know soon :)

I'd love to order a few extra bits and bobs right now but there seems no point with Christmas around the corner. At this point I wouldn't receive them till sometime after. Damn christmas.

Also I want to make sure I can afford the EB BD T-800.

Elbows definitely look better on the MMS and are more articulate on the DX... depends on preference, I guess.

As for size... I forget, canon wise, was T2 the same model as T1 in the movies? If so, then, obviously the difference was not supposed to happen. After all, Terminators should all look alike, and not be dependent on an actor's age and lack of exercise :)

Huh. To anyone who may prefer the MMS117 sculpt but also prefers the DX10 sunglasses - they fit that sculpt pretty well and don't look bad at all. I assumed more accurate sunglasses would bury his face but they don't.

MMS117 head with DX10 sunglasses
IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9620.jpg

sunglasses comparison - both MMS117heads
IMG_9631.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for posting those pictures, A-dev.
A little bit too large but it does look great on the MMS' head. I think I will use this setup the day I have both.

Huh. To anyone who may prefer the MMS117 sculpt but also prefers the DX10 sunglasses - they fit that sculpt pretty well and don't look bad at all. I assumed more accurate sunglasses would bury his face but they don't.

MMS117 head with DX10 sunglasses

sunglasses comparison - both MMS117heads
IMG_9631.jpg

great a-dev I 've done this mod too, and i think the mms head is a lot better with this sunglasses the official one were too small in my opinion, btw I have bought a spare dx head to make another custom..but i still prefer the mms head with dx sunglasses, the ears on the dx are too wide..the face is too young..and the paint in not that good...
5yyb7m.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for posting those pictures, A-dev.
A little bit too large but it does look great on the MMS' head. I think I will use this setup the day I have both.

I just added a comparison side-by-side of each pair of sunglasses on an MMS117 head.

Too large, perhaps. But then the old ones were too small. Anyway, I don't think I'd seen it posted before, I think it'll be of interest to people who prefer the old headsculpt.

great a-dev I 've done this mod too, and i think the mms head is a lot better with this sunglasses, btw I have bought a spare dx head to make another custom..

It is isn't it? If I'm honest I never thought the sunglasses look was nailed on the old figure, its not something I harped on about because I already did enough complaining about other aspects of the sculpt - but the new sunglasses bring the old sculpt up a notch IMO. I definitely think anyone whose intent on continuing to use the MMS117 head should at least get the DX10 sunglasses.

I just added a comparison side-by-side of each pair of sunglasses on an MMS117 head.

Too large, perhaps. But then the old ones were too small. Anyway, I don't think I'd seen it posted before, I think it'll be of interest to people who prefer the old headsculpt.

Like you, I asked and waited for some pics of this mod...but I didn't see anything. :(
And yeah, MMS shades were too small, DX shades are definitely an improvement over the old ones.

Thanks for sharing. :hi5:

Congrats a-dev:hi5: ok now spill the beans, what do you think now that you got it in hand, I've been looking forward to your take on this guy:wave

Congrats a-dev:hi5: ok now spill the beans, what do you think now that you got it in hand, I've been looking forward to your take on this guy:wave

I love him. I'm so glad HT took another crack at the clean look. I still wouldn't call it perfect but I definitely want to replace most of my MMS117 stuff with this. If I can get away with still using the old clothes on some of the figures, I will, and just get heads and bodies. I'm also thinking of adding even more variants to the madness than already planned because he looks so cool. Such as that brief scene in the garage where he's standing guard with the shotgun on his shoulder. I've tried it out with DX10 and its excellent. Always kinda wanted to display that but felt that the Endo-arm reveal scene was enough for the grey T-shirt look - but now.......:gah:

My biggest gripe with the figure is the tree trunk neck and the way it joins the head. It just looks awkward, the gaps are too noticeable and the neck looks too stiff. The up/down movement for the head is pretty minimal making me wonder why we have to tolerate the seperated head and neck at all. It seems to have **** all functional benefit and it detracts from the visual realism. I can live with it but again I'd far prefer a neck sculpted with the head. You get a better overall Arnold likeness that way - look at Trevor Grove's Dutch (pics of it on recent page of the EB BD T-800 thread).

A second minor gripe, the hair on the back of his head is a bit too Enterbay for my liking, puffing out where I don't think it should etc etc. Now maybe they based it on screengrabs where strands of his hair were puffing out but the problem is when you sculpt that in it looks too thick and it ends up looking like his head is shaped funny - a common complaint about the Enterbay figure. So if they were using the Enterbay as a guide....well they shouldn't have, they had it right on MMS117. On the other hand I do think his hair looks great from directly front-on and better than the same view of MMS117 so, one step forward one step back there....

A major plus for me is they did indeed recognise and correct that damn squashed face issue. Its very slight but in comparing the 2 heads DX10 is longer in the middle of the face and it makes all the difference. Thank the maker that DX13 is based on these new facial dimensions and not the old ones.

Love the body, its definitely more accurate to T2 Arnie - theres more of a slope to the shoulders so he looks less like hes wearing shoulder pads. The outfit is great - I'm finding if you pull down on it at the front it tightens the collar in around the neck and flattens it out up the top making it look less puffy and thus more like its a 1:1 leather jacket on a 1:1 man. So I wonder if something could be done there.

The stand - wasn't mad on it, felt that a diorama & backdrop would have been better - but it nevertheless finishes the figure quite well as a display piece especially with the light up ''Terminator 2 Judgment Day T-800''.

So yeah I have my nitpicks with it but overall its excellent, very glad HT made it.

Well, if he's trying the accessories on his MMS117, I bet he doesn't like the DX...jk

:lol I've just been trying the 'little stuff' I was curious about first before I really get into it. Such as putting the new sunglasses on MMS117 and replacing my own bandolier on my mini-gun figure with the DX10 one and trying my larger grenades in it - which I think look good.

Last edited:

I like those new DX glasses on the MMS a-dev. They look better if you ask me. I might have to snag a pair to add onto mine...

That is unless I decide to get the head and glasses of the DX and the new TT that just came out.

I like those new DX glasses on the MMS a-dev. They look better if you ask me. I might have to snag a pair to add onto mine...

That is unless I decide to get the head and glasses of the DX and the new TT that just came out.

Yep. And you can see that they're closer to the film from that pic of Arnie Shadowfla conveniently posted. Also notice that the frames are less prominent and thus less toy-like on the DX10 glasses.

Last edited:

Good honest take on it a-dev, as far as those nitpicks go I think the neck looks fine but the connection to the head is what messes the look up, it was done better on the mms version in that reguard. Now the puffyness you speak of I agree with, in the back of the head it does look abit to puffed out but that might be do to the pers hatch idk, that should have been toned down a touch I agree. Those issues like you say are minor and the overall figure is a win, super glad to have mine. Looking forward to some of your pics, that pose with the shotgun on his shoulder does sound cool!!!

Thanks Skull. I've taken some pics but I'm still playing about with it. Need an intermission for now, gonna have a good bowl of soggy Rice Krispies!

Enjoy:offtopic: speaking for cereal, I'm the only person that I know of the eats it this way, I pour the milk in first than a layer of cereal on top and eat it while its still crispy the another layer after that and so on. Anyone else do that:wave

Damn , you got me wanting some Crispix right now :taz with sliced banannas :rock

Back