Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what some of you are missing is that you don't have a right to place an order.

No, they don't. :dunno

A right is something that cannot be denied. They can deny it, at any point they wish. It is a privilege that they extend to those they wish to do business with. It's not a right.

If you don't have the right to do something you can't do it.

Hey SS, I think it's only fair that your collectors know the ES of statues that are up for pre-order if you are going to charge an NRD. Many of us make decisions on purchasing your products based off the Es and other factors. The Joker PF is a perfect example of this. Anyone ponying up an NRD for this piece should have the right to know how limited the piece is. I hope in the future SSC informs its collectors of the ES of its pieces when a pre-order goes up and an NRD is required. I believe it's only fair to do so.

SS, I love you guys and your product.

What I am not crazy about is NRD on an item that has no edition size.

Tonight, I cancelled my Predator LSB Exc bust.

Why? Because the edition size of the Exc is 500 and the edition size of the regular edition is a whooping 2500 :horror:slap

So, I coughed up the $35 NRD. But I was not impressed.

For a company that has class, charisma, fantastic products, great service, you simply don't come to play ball with the concept of a NRD with no edition size announced first.

Come on guys, please announce the edition size if you are going to NRD. A company with average service and class understands this concept.

Surely a company like yours with top notch service, products, and class can do this.

Please announce an edition size if you are going to NRD. Please.

Thank-you.

Why? Because the edition size of the Exc is 500 and the edition size of the regular edition is a whooping 2500 :horror:slap

For a company that has class, charisma, fantastic products, great service, you simply don't come to play ball with the concept of a NRD with no edition size announced first.

Come on guys, please announce the edition size if you are going to NRD. A company with average service and class understands this concept.

Surely a company like yours with top notch service, products, and class can do this.

Thank-you.

:goodpost::hi5:

If you didn't have the right to place on order you wouldn't be able to.

Customers definitely have the right to place an order with Sideshow.

There is an even bigger picture here Fuzzy. So long as you have money, you have powerful rights. You have the right to spend your money however you want and on whatever you want. SSC will NEVER be able to stop you from purchasing their products, no matter what anyone else says. They can cancel every order you have placed. Hell, SSC can even cancel your account and they still can't stop you from buying their merchandise.

The reason is simple. All you have to do is exercise your right to spend your money someplace else. So long as ebay retailers, store merchants, or even board members here have SSC merchandise for sale, you will always be able to buy whatever SSC products you want. Money is all any company wants. You have the right to spend it wherever you want.

Wow. I must say, standing by your beliefs was a costly decision.
It's never a good thing to toss away money in these times. I commend you on exercising your right to cancel the order based on your unhappiness with the ES. Even though I started this thread, I never made a decision like that based off of an ES. I haven't been put in that position yet.

Well, now for the good news. Since the ES seems high on this, you can more than likely pick it up for less than retail on ebay or at a local merchant when it's released... if you still want it. I hope the savings is at least the equivalent to the $35 loss of the NRD.

Look at the bright side. If you do pick the bust up below retail, you will have the bust you want for possibly less than ordering direct from SS. On top of that, you will have sent the message that the ES was too high and that's why you canceled. I hope things work out for the best. Thanks for sharing your story. IMHO, it has been the most relevant post here given the topic of this thread.

Last edited:
There is an even bigger picture here Fuzzy. So long as you have money, you have powerful rights. You have the right to spend your money however you want and on whatever you want. SSC will NEVER be able to stop you from purchasing their products, no matter what anyone else says. They can cancel every order you have placed. Hell, SSC can even cancel your account and they still can't stop you from buying their merchandise.

The reason is simple. All you have to do is exercise your right to spend your money someplace else. So long as ebay retailers, store merchants, or even board members here have SSC merchandise for sale, you will always be able to buy whatever SSC products you want. Money is all any company wants. You have the right to spend it wherever you want.

I think you missed the point, but that was inevitable given the way that the conversation was dragged off into an irrelevant no man's land (you weren't the first one who missed it) of semantic hairsplitting (what else is new) because someone refused to comprehend the context in which the term 'right' was being used.

No one is saying you can't buy Sideshow products, or threatening such. What was buried under all of that was that, although you are the customer, and Sideshow wants you to buy from them, they are the ultimate arbiters of the terms on which the transaction will take place. No one is taking anything away from a customer when the terms of ordering are changed. If once upon a time you could cancel with impunity, but now you can't, no injury or injustice has been done to you, as the statue was not yours to buy directly from Sideshow on anyone's terms but theirs.

But I digress. Yes, you can buy things. Welcome to a mostly free and capitalist earth. :hi5:

I think what some of you are missing is that you don't have a right to place an order.

:goodpost::exactly: Yep, that's exactly right filip. Good way to use your right to post on the message board.

Well Bruce, so long as ES means something to collectors, it will remain a topic. The Joker thread is running rampant with requests for an ES. I guess we have to entertain ourselves someway. :dunno :lol

Personally I'm not that bothered but the ES for statues.

I feel it's limited by what Sideshow can sell right? Rather than doing collectors a favourite by keeping their fig/statue/whatever super collectible. That's part of it but not all of it.

And I would add my support to Devil's POV. Sideshow announce a statue and an EX version that you can choose to PO. You can also choose not to PO.

Edit; fuzzy still doesn't get it.

Because people were being a pain the arse and canceling on them they have introduced an NRD to weed out a few people who might have otherwise just clicked PO then cancelled after anyway. This way with a ten percent deposit you have to make more of a committment than just clicking the mouse.

If you not happy with not knowing the ES before you commit then the answer is *gasp* don't buy.

That's how I see it anyway.

The chin is wise. :cool:

:goodpost::exactly: Yep, that's exactly right filip. Good way to use your right to post on the message board.

:goodpost::exactly:

Good way to use your right to be completely obtuse, refusing to understand what people are saying when it's clear as day, and derailing the thread into a meaningless rut that has nothing to do with the issue.

Wow. I must say, standing by your beliefs was a costly decision.
It's never a good thing to toss away money in these times. I commend you on exercising your right to cancel the order based on your unhappiness with the ES. Even though I started this thread, I never made a decision like that based off of an ES. I haven't been put in that position yet.

Well, now for the good news. Since the ES seems high on this, you can more than likely pick it up for less than retail on ebay or at a local merchant when it's released... if you still want it. I hope the savings is at least the equivalent to the $35 loss of the NRD.

Look at the bright side. If you do pick the bust up below retail, you will have the bust you want for possibly less than ordering direct from SS. On top of that, you will have sent the message that the ES was too high and that's why you canceled. I hope things work out for the best. Thanks for sharing your story. IMHO, it has been the most relevant post here given the topic of this thread.

I agree, he had the right to order and the right to cancel, and it will probably be cheaper down the line as most items with bloated edition sizes are. It's all about full disclosure of as much information for the consumer when putting the cash down. I think overall sideshow has done a great job with adding gallery pics, 360's and other media too. That's one of the reasons why they are so successful.

So this is how people do business nowadays? You have no right to ask anything, just place the deposit, if you have a problem, don't buy from us. It is really lucky for buyers that Devil and Bruce are not the CEO of SSC.

people just have different point of view thats all, NO who is right or wrong, we just say what we feel is right. no point continuing this, this will go no where and will only get worst.

Thank-you.

I am not sure I understand why you canceled your ex edition. A 500 piece edition is very conservative. You canceled your exclusive edition because of the regular version edition size?

When you placed your cancellation did you let customer service know why? Also did you cancel relatively soon after the edition size was announced?

Last edited:
Chicky posted this in the other thread. Thought it would be good to post it here as well.

Hi All,

Thank you for the thread. The Joker Ex edition size will be posting this week! Even though this item has opened up the collector base to a wider DC audience, not previously purchasing product from us, I think collectors will be pleased to see that the edition size is well in range with our other edition sizes.

Sideshow Collectibles tries to provide as much information as possible when each item is posted for pre-order. There are several factors that contribute to an edition size being posted as TBD when launched. Even though we try to make sure all items have an edition size, sometimes this is not possible.

Our Customer Service has always treated our customers concerns fairly and we usually give a courtesy 'one time' NRD refund to the client if they contact us in a timely manner about their concerns for such things as abnormally large edition sizes or significant delivery delays. However, our Customer Service reps find that many of the cancellations we do receive due to 'edition size' concerns are not received within a reasonable time of the announcement of the edition size but just prior to clients having to pay for the item.

Ultimately, we receive very few complaints, in comparison to the whole, about editions sizes that are set after launching with TBDs because our editions sizes are usually within an established range.

Our 30 day Return Policy also protects the clients against item damages, defects in addition it lets them exercise their right to inspect the item and just change their mind.

We appreciate all the collectors, regardless of where they make their purchases. The staff at Sideshow hopes that the item they choose will become part of their lifetime collection and bring back fond memories of the movie, comic book or character that inspired them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back