Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is how people do business nowadays? You have no right to ask anything, just place the deposit, if you have a problem, don't buy from us. It is really lucky for buyers that Devil and Bruce are not the CEO of SSC.

Yes, that appears to be exactly how those with concerns are imagining the way they're being treated in this sitution. I'm not sure how or why they think that Sideshow takes measures which show no concern for the needs and desires of their customers, but regardless of how far the company does go to accomodate their customers, it seems that what they do is never enough for some. There is always one more thing that Sideshow allegedly fails to go the extra mile for them in regards to, and that one thing is always presented as a prime example of a way in which they disrespect the business of the discerning buyer.

I am saying that there is a line, beyond which the customer disrespects the seller when they ask for something further than what the seller has offered. Those types of request can usually be identified by the complaining party's characterization of the seller's failures as unfair, underhanded, or otherwise immoral, and they do so to elicit an advantage over the offending party which does not exist in a normal business relationship. Buyers and sellers are equals.

Of course buyers are free to make requests of those they purchase from. But they do not have a right to see their demands met against what the sellers determine are in their own best interest.

Sorry, but cancelling an item because of its ES, when such item is about to be shipped and then pretending to blame SS for not having announced it beforehand is ______.

So this is how people do business nowadays? You have no right to ask anything, just place the deposit, if you have a problem, don't buy from us. It is really lucky for buyers that Devil and Bruce are not the CEO of SSC.

As usual he's missing the point of this thread c11, as it's been mentioned multiple times that Sideshow does cares about their customers and that's why they have such a excellent reputation for customer interaction and catering to fan's concerns in this forum, their website and other Q&A sessions.

It's also the reason this thread was started in the 'Ask Sideshow Collectibles' section. This is a valid concern to many and I'm happy and grateful that the Sideshow reps are in this thread helping their loyal customers.

I'm also glad that those 2 don't make decisions for Sideshow, however much they do want you to believe that they speak for them. However, Sideshow does seem to listen to valid concerns, and their involvement in this thread and forum, and their excellent customer service suggest otherwise.

I hope SSC continues that trend as it's one of the reasons fans love them so :)

Last edited:
SS, I love you guys and your product.

What I am not crazy about is NRD on an item that has no edition size.

Tonight, I cancelled my Predator LSB Exc bust.

Why? Because the edition size of the Exc is 500 and the edition size of the regular edition is a whooping 2500 :horror:slap

So, I coughed up the $35 NRD. But I was not impressed.

For a company that has class, charisma, fantastic products, great service, you simply don't come to play ball with the concept of a NRD with no edition size announced first.

Come on guys, please announce the edition size if you are going to NRD. A company with average service and class understands this concept.

Surely a company like yours with top notch service, products, and class can do this.

Please announce an edition size if you are going to NRD. Please.

Thank-you.

Sounds like this is straight from one of my pages when it comes to these NRD's...:exactly:

So, if I'm reading the Chicky post right. If you decided to cancel because of the ES. Doing it in a timely manner after the ES has been released and you'll be able to get your NRD back?

Am I reading that right?

So, if I'm reading the Chicky post right. If you decided to cancel because of the ES. Doing it in a timely manner after the ES has been released and you'll be able to get your NRD back?

Am I reading that right?

Yeah IL, you are. Seems like you can get your non-refundable deposit back once if you tell them soon after edition size is revealed or deliveries are significantly delayed.

Not exactly.

...we usually give a courtesy 'one time' NRD refund to the client if they contact us in a timely manner about their concerns for such things as abnormally large edition sizes or significant delivery delays. However, our Customer Service reps find that many of the cancellations we do receive due to 'edition size' concerns are not received within a reasonable time of the announcement of the edition size but just prior to clients having to pay for the item.

Ultimately, we receive very few complaints, in comparison to the whole, about editions sizes that are set after launching with TBDs because our editions sizes are usually within an established range.

SS, I love you guys and your product.

What I am not crazy about is NRD on an item that has no edition size.

Tonight, I cancelled my Predator LSB Exc bust.

Why? Because the edition size of the Exc is 500 and the edition size of the regular edition is a whooping 2500 :horror:slap

So, I coughed up the $35 NRD. But I was not impressed.

For a company that has class, charisma, fantastic products, great service, you simply don't come to play ball with the concept of a NRD with no edition size announced first.

Come on guys, please announce the edition size if you are going to NRD. A company with average service and class understands this concept.

Surely a company like yours with top notch service, products, and class can do this.

Please announce an edition size if you are going to NRD. Please.

Thank-you.
Wait, if your issue is with the edition size of the regular, but you ordered and then canceled your pre-order for the Ex. . .

I guess I'm still confused as to what the argument is here. I thought we decided that this was restricted solely to the Exclusives and that the regular editions had no bearing whatsoever on the issues brought up here.

As usual he's missing the point of this thread c11...

And as usual, you're painting things to your advantage, hoping that people will drop the context and ignore the perpetual harping of people like yourself, to the effect that Sideshow has behaved in a manner unappreciative of the loyalty of their customers. It doesn't matter how much you kiss up. Your history is public record, self-serving contradictions notwithstanding.

As I said, there is no limit to what you demand of them, and your petitioning is shameless. Now you're pitting what you perceive to be the careless attitude of myself and others against Sideshow's impeccable customer respect, attempting to further impugn objections to your cause. Nothing new to those who pay attention, and frankly, it's gotten old.

Myself, I'm finished with humoring your doublespeak.

I'm just glad that I haven't had to give SSC any free money. That's just something that I'm totally against, and unless something catastrophic happen to a family member. SSC will never get a free dime off me. I'd much rather just take a hit and wait until it ships then send it back for my money.

I'm just glad that I haven't had to give SSC any free money. That's just something that I'm totally against, and unless something catastrophic happen to a family member. SSC will never get a free dime off me. I'd much rather just take a hit and wait until it ships then send it back for my money.

Yeah, that's why it's good to have all the info at hand before committing your non-refundable deposit. Too bad the deposit refund is only a one-time thing.

Last edited:
Regardless of what side of the fence you are on with respect to this issue, SS has to guarantee that they will get a direct cut of the market on their products. If they do a high ES for an exclusive you can only get on their site, then the money goes directly to them and keeps them around longer so they can keep producing more collectibles for us in the future...simple. One option is for them to not have exclusives, rather include all the bells and whistles in each item and simply sell it directly to the consumer solely from their website:) Plus a higher ES on exclusive somewhat helps the price gouging on the secondary market. Ya can't take your toys with you to the sweet hereafter, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter!!!

I'm going to delete any further posts in this thread that involve Devil and Fuzzy quoting each other, commenting on each other, insulting each other, reporting each other, referring to each other and/or doing anything other than completely ignoring each other. If they can't do that, I'll close the thread before allowing them to continue derailing it.

Smoke a freaking peace pipe and leave each other alone. Thanks.

Sounds good tomandshell. Thanks.

Now let's get back on topic : )

lol we are so evil!

OMG, how do you not see that Sideshow were being taken advantage of before? You have to be trolling.

With no deposit you are free to click 'add to shopping cart' then cancel later when you are over the hype. I have missed out on statues because of this coz people in the US are ready and waiting on the computer while I'm asleep and just click away with no consequences.

When they brought in NRD I thought 'finally! This will get rid if a few people who really don't give a ____ about the fig they are just hyped/wanna flip it later or whatever'.

Anyway my evil 'free money' was taken yesterday:horror:horror, no sorry, it was taken off the purchase price so it's not free money is it, it's actually more like the first payment on a payment plan given I used Flexpay.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I'm outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back