Emma Frost PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture Well said and I completely agree.

J. Scott Campbell has a unique style that doesn't, Like Dave said, easily translate into 3D format.

The sculptor did a good job of recreating Campbell's art. IMO, the only problem I see is the paint application.

I agree the sculptor did well to recreate the art for the most part - except that he messed up on the one part that people pay most attention to when looking at a statue (and I'm not saying Emma's hooters), which is the face profile. There's nothing in that face that would suggest that it's based of Campbell's art. If the sculptor got Campbell's face style right, the statue wouldn't be half as bad as most of the people in here think it is. But it still wouldn't be PF material because they based it off the wrong art style.

I just like how people say the statue is crap just cause they don't like the style it's done in. It's obviously based off a certain person's artwork and his take on the character, and just cause it's not your thing doesn't automatically make it a failure. Like I've said before, for me, when I think of statues based off comic books characters, I automatically expect a cartoonish approach. Too each their own though.

Exactly! I could not have said it better myself. The constant crying gets really old. If you don't like it move on and let it go and stop trying to get stuff changed the many others do like.

Man this is just an odd looking PF... seems very out of place with the rest of the series.

And the bad new is, you'll never see another Emma in PF format, which just sucks for those who really like the character and want to add her to their collection. Although you can say the same thing about some of the other PFs out there (e.g., Thing).

Exactly! I could not have said it better myself. The constant crying gets really old. If you don't like it move on and let it go and stop trying to get stuff changed the many others do like.

I think that's pushing it a bit right there. Granted the item sold out quickly, people have been disappointed with the piece one way or another.

I'm still crying......why, Sideshow, why!?....I wanted Greg Horn Emma or Larocca Emma:drool....why tiny-tooned Emma!?.:monkey2

I agree the sculptor did well to recreate the art for the most part - except that he messed up on the one part that people pay most attention to when looking at a statue (and I'm not saying Emma's hooters), which is the face profile. There's nothing in that face that would suggest that it's based of Campbell's art. If the sculptor got Campbell's face style right, the statue wouldn't be half as bad as most of the people in here think it is.

I think the sculptor got the face right but, again, I think the paint app is what's making it look awkward.

But it still wouldn't be PF material because they based it off the wrong art style.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think that's pushing it a bit right there. Granted the item sold out quickly, people have been disappointed with the piece one way or another.

It's not pushing it all cause it's the truth. It sold out for a reason. A lot have been upset over it but there are people that like her. Just because you don't doesn't mean that everyone does.

EmmaFrost.jpg
.....sigh...wasted opportunity...

It's not pushing it all cause it's the truth. It sold out for a reason. A lot have been upset over it but there are people that like her. Just because you don't doesn't mean that everyone does.

Well I can only speak on behalf of those posting on this thread. I seem to remember less than 10 posters commenting on how they like this item. Everyone else is perplexed at what Sideshow did. I'm not starting a fight or anything, but I'm just saying that based on most of the people's comments here, this statue is a disappointment.

i don't know why but i'm finding this to be similiar to the Classic Iron Man,:lol:lol
simply because the more i look at it the more it's growing on me, just like CIM did.
with CIM at first i couldn't stand it, his pose just looked odd to me, but now that i have it and displayed with him holding his helm it looks natural and i'm glad i bought it.

as for emma, i'm also finding the more i look at it, the more i'm getting use to it. will i get on the WL. :huh i don't know we'll see.
i'll bet that if the es is below 500 alot of people will get back on the wagon, as i'm sure once the initial shock wears off people will be lining up to get this one.:cool:
EmmaFrost.jpg
.....sigh...wasted opportunity...

though like the above art, they could've used a better template

Well I can only speak on behalf of those posting on this thread. I seem to remember less than 10 posters commenting on how they like this item. Everyone else is perplexed at what Sideshow did. I'm not starting a fight or anything, but I'm just saying that based on most of the people's comments here, this statue is a disappointment.

No, we are not fighting, we are discussing is all lol. On here yes, believe it or not people do exist in the outside world lol. It sold out extremely fast that should speak for itself.

i don't know why but i'm finding this to be similiar to the Classic Iron Man,:lol:lol
simply because the more i look at the more it's growing on me, just like CIM did.
with CIM at first i couldn't stand it, his pose just looked odd to me, but now that i have it and displayed with him holding his helm it looks natural and i'm glad i bought it.

as for emma, i'm also finding the more i look at it, the more i'm getting use to it. will i get on the WL. :huhi don't know we'll see.
i'll bet that if the es is below 500 alot of people will get back on the wagon, as i'm sure once the initial shock wears off people will be lining up to get this one.:cool:

I for one don't care about ES or potential flippability (if there ever is such a word). What I want from a statue is how great the execution is, one that would make your jaws drop when you see the detail that was put into it, and that's why I've limited my collection to PFs. Even if this one has an ES of 300, this still wouldn't be part of my collection because it ruins the overall feel of the PF line.

I can't remember how many posts I've made on this thread. It just shows how hopeful I was at first when the announcement was made, and how extremely disappointed I am when the full pics came out.:mad:

I was disappointed with the Black Cat AH! Comiquette...I didn't buy it & I didn't go off the deep end complaining about it.

Look at it this way...you just saved yourself $259.99. :D

No, we are not fighting, we are discussing is all lol. On here yes, believe it or not people do exist in the outside world lol. It sold out extremely fast that should speak for itself.

Agreed. People tend to forget that other people exist outside of cyberspace.

Included in the people living in the outside world are your friendly neighborhood flippers who only put an order in for the EX for the hope that they can make a quick buck out of it.:D

not quite what i expected but i'm in for an exclusive anyway. i would have been happier if it was a conventional sculpt but it looks good for what it is. to everyone dissing on the head sculpt, its no worse than namor.

Back