Emma Frost PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
243525-10731-118499-2-x-men_super.jpg

It does a great job of matching that cover. I like the piece but I would have liked to see them go with the more realistic style. Stay with how they've done things in the past and tempt folks like me who might have gotten it if they had. This is one of the reasons I've never gotten the Logan PF is because of the styalized look.

The sculptor did a great job. I would have prefered Sideshow to go with Silvestri instead.

Sideshow,

Why not Silvestri style from X-men Messiah complex ?

That would have been amazing. I love Silvestri's X-Men work.

The sculptor did a great job. I would have prefered Sideshow to go with Silvestri instead.

I really think the sculptor didn't capture the Campbell style well. His style is a lot like Turner's where it doesn't really translate well into 3-D and its really rare to get it right. This isn't it.

I do agree that it looks just like the control art. But, for me, the Campbell style just doesn't translate to 3D.

What is the point of using cloth in a PF statue, which is done to make it look more realistic when the sculpt itself is so unrealistic cartoony and anime looking? It's a mismatch.

I'm going to keep my order for this i think it looks pretty good and i missed out on the AH one so this will be good to have. :)

Wow. I'm not a big PF fan to begin with........this is an easy pass for me. Just not feeling this at all. Man am I glad I picked up the AH Emma. Now that is one sexy White Queen.

Have preorder the Ex. for my wife & she find that it look pretty cool for her Sculpt & pose.
It a keeper for her.
Might be low ES for the Exclusive !!!

I ordered the regular for myself. I like the way it looks personally, my only gripe being maybe her mouth looks a little off. I just like how people say the statue is crap just cause they don't like the style it's done in. It's obviously based off a certain person's artwork and his take on the character, and just cause it's not your thing doesn't automatically make it a failure. Like I've said before, for me, when I think of statues based off comic books characters, I automatically expect a cartoonish approach. Too each their own though.

I like this, perhaps not quite what I expected, Comiquette was pretty amazing, but definitely want one PF

I ordered the regular for myself. I like the way it looks personally, my only gripe being maybe her mouth looks a little off. I just like how people say the statue is crap just cause they don't like the style it's done in. It's obviously based off a certain person's artwork and his take on the character, and just cause it's not your thing doesn't automatically make it a failure. Like I've said before, for me, when I think of statues based off comic books characters, I automatically expect a cartoonish approach. Too each their own though.

Very well said :)

When i first saw it i almost didn't order it but did and thought i'll have a think about it now i've had mre chance to have a look at it i really like it. It doesn't bother me if all these other guys like it or not.

I see what you are saying, but the majority of the haters of this are not calling the PF itself a failure. By itself, as a stand alone item it looks fine, what most people are annoyed about is that Sideshow stepped SOOO far outside of a very establised style the have built over the last few years, realistic Marvel premuim formats.

Like I said before, its looks great as a tooned up Emma, but as a premium format in the Marvel line it is a fail.

I see what you are saying, but the majority of the haters of this are not calling the PF itself a failure. By itself, as a stand alone item it looks fine, what most people are annoyed about is that Sideshow stepped SOOO far outside of a very establised style the have built over the last few years, realistic Marvel premuim formats.

Like I said before, its looks great as a tooned up Emma, but as a premium format in the Marvel line it is a fail.

That's fair comment :)

One thing i don't like is the black base looks cheap as hell other than that it's cool.

Back