English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Nike already sponsor United they're rumored to be willing to put together a package with the club to bring him back as they could pay part of his wages via a new sponsorship deal which would get round the FFP rules.

The revenue from shirt sales would likely recoup their investment and would also stick a middle finger in the direction of their rival Adidas who currently make the kit for Real Madrid.

That's a big loophole in the FFP rules. If it works it's great. Only works when you have one of the top three players in the world though.

Spurs & Arsenal were both lucky to get 3 points today. What a goal by Bale though, every major club will be after him this summer. Will he go? I actually don't think so, not this summer anyway. Not unless they get a mental bid like 80 mil for him anyway

FFP won't affect teams like City, Chelsea, PSG etc. Pretty much ever major pundit has said there's loop holes around it. I actually think its better that these teams are about to be honest. I support Arsenal who spend jack **** every summer so I'm not being biased but imagine the Prem. No team would ever be able to compete with Utd as there income is much more than any other team in the league.

Spurs & Arsenal were both lucky to get 3 points today. What a goal by Bale though, every major club will be after him this summer. Will he go? I actually don't think so, not this summer anyway. Not unless they get a mental bid like 80 mil for him anyway

FFP won't affect teams like City, Chelsea, PSG etc. Pretty much ever major pundit has said there's loop holes around it. I actually think its better that these teams are about to be honest. I support Arsenal who spend jack **** every summer so I'm not being biased but imagine the Prem. No team would ever be able to compete with Utd as there income is much more than any other team in the league.

We were very lucky. again we relied on one of the most inform players in word football to Bale us out again. Just gad of the 3 points. I cant remember a season where we have beat City, Man U and Arsenal in one season so im preying its a good omen and we turn chelsea over. I think we have blown it now.
Arsenal made life hard yesterday for themselves but they are in the driving seat. The wigan game could be interesting and maybe even the Newcastle game. Very exciting/nervous end to the season.

Below 2nd that is lol

We were very lucky. again we relied on one of the most inform players in word football to Bale us out again. Just gad of the 3 points. I cant remember a season where we have beat City, Man U and Arsenal in one season so im preying its a good omen and we turn chelsea over. I think we have blown it now.
Arsenal made life hard yesterday for themselves but they are in the driving seat. The wigan game could be interesting and maybe even the Newcastle game. Very exciting/nervous end to the season.

Below 2nd that is lol

That's a big loophole in the FFP rules. If it works it's great. Only works when you have one of the top three players in the world though.

It's bad news for fans of smaller clubs that thought FFP would give them a better chance.

Ferguson has claimed that United won't spend as much as City or Chelsea in the summer but will be "competitive" in the transfer market and he's looking at bringing in a couple of players.

If Nike and GM/Chevrolet are willing to throw their substantial resources into the mix I reckon they should try and get Ronaldo AND Bale as that would secure the League for another few years and at least give them a fighting chance in Europe again.

EDIT
The speculation continues,

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...alk-ronaldo-keen-rejoin-united-075225335.html

I don't think Spurs fans would accept Nani & Anderson as replacements for Bale :lol

Last edited:
It's bad news for fans of smaller clubs that thought FFP would give them a better chance.

Ferguson has claimed that United won't spend as much as City or Chelsea in the summer but will be "competitive" in the transfer market and he's looking at bringing in a couple of players.

If Nike and GM/Chevrolet are willing to throw their substantial resources into the mix I reckon they should try and get Ronaldo AND Bale as that would secure the League for another few years and at least give them a fighting chance in Europe again.

EDIT
The speculation continues,

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...alk-ronaldo-keen-rejoin-united-075225335.html

I don't think Spurs fans would accept Nani & Anderson as replacements for Bale :lol

I very much doubt Bale would go to United. There is allot of bad feeling between Levy and United with the past deals of Berbatov and Carrick and more recently Zeki Fryers with Levy stating he would never sell to United again.
If we did sell, I think it would be to a non prem club like we did with Modric.

United playing in pre season friendly form today. We have to win Wed night and even then, its still very tough.

I very much doubt Bale would go to United. There is allot of bad feeling between Levy and United with the past deals of Berbatov and Carrick and more recently Zeki Fryers with Levy stating he would never sell to United again.
If we did sell, I think it would be to a non prem club like we did with Modric.

United playing in pre season friendly form today. We have to win Wed night and even then, its still very tough.

If United offered enough I'm sure Levy would get over any issues.

I watched about 20 minutes of the Chelsea game and then went and found something else to do as I can no longer be bothered to watch such dire footballers.

How they've managed to win the league with such an uninspired shower of **** is something akin to a miracle.

How the hell did Utd win the league so easily though. Like look at that team. I know there's some players missing but it's so ordinary. Yeah they lost today but only just & there in friendly form now with nothing to play for. I don't particularly like Ferguson but I have to give him credit he's an amazing manager. Take alway a few players & that's a mid-table team for any other manager :lol

by2a4a5a.jpg

One of my fears if I were a Utd fan though is why don't they hardly ever play Hernandez. I can see him being one of the most sought after strikers if he was playing 1st team football. I'd love to see him at Arsenal.

If I was Levy & Utd did come in for Bale, I would definitely demand him as part of the deal.

How the hell did Utd win the league so easily though. Like look at that team. I know there's some players missing but it's so ordinary. Yeah they lost today but only just & there in friendly form now with nothing to play for. I don't particularly like Ferguson but I have to give him credit he's an amazing manager. Take alway a few players & that's a mid-table team for any other manager :lol

by2a4a5a.jpg

One of my fears if I were a Utd fan though is why don't they hardly ever play Hernandez. I can see him being one of the most sought after strikers if he was playing 1st team football. I'd love to see him at Arsenal.

If I was Levy & Utd did come in for Bale, I would definitely demand him as part of the deal.

Yeah on paper they only got 2 world class players there. RVP & Vidic.

What I dont like is Fergie resting 5 first team players today, He did not do that against Arsenal and they were allready champs when they played us. 1 man up front all game today, RVP. and thats at Old Trafford. :gah:

Fucink united. Can't do us a favor and win a game

They did Arsenal's best player a big favor by giving him the opportunity to play for a team capable of winning the league instead of rotting away at the Emirates.

If United offered enough I'm sure Levy would get over any issues.

I watched about 20 minutes of the Chelsea game and then went and found something else to do as I can no longer be bothered to watch such dire footballers.

How they've managed to win the league with such an uninspired shower of **** is something akin to a miracle.

I doubt it. Fergie threatened to have the fryers deal investigated as he said it was a " Levy deal "

If the Ronaldo deal happened, that would be a major coup for United especially in europe.
I must admit id love to see him back in the prem.

I doubt it. Fergie threatened to have the fryers deal investigated as he said it was a " Levy deal "

If the Ronaldo deal happened, that would be a major coup for United especially in europe.
I must admit id love to see him back in the prem.

I don't even know who Fryers is.

Given some of his recent decisions such as the disgraceful treatment of Hernandez the senile old goat Ferguson will probably sign Fat Brazilian Ronaldo instead of CR7 :lol

They did Arsenal's best player a big favor by giving him the opportunity to play for a team capable of winning the league instead of rotting away at the Emirates.

I'd hardly call 50 million a year rotting away. Time we see the true people rotting away and can't afford food or health care. RVP was far, far from going hungry at Arsenal. He just wanted more and more and more. Will be curious to see if united pays him what he demands in another year when his contract is up.

I don't even know who Fryers is.

Given some of his recent decisions such as the disgraceful treatment of Hernandez the senile old goat Ferguson will probably sign Fat Brazilian Ronaldo instead of CR7 :lol

He's a real promising left back. United didnt sort his contract out and we tried to get him. Fergie was pissd it didnt get sorted and demanded 6m. He went abroad as we wouldnt pay it but we signed him 6 months later .

I'd hardly call 50 million a year rotting away. Time we see the true people rotting away and can't afford food or health care. RVP was far, far from going hungry at Arsenal. He just wanted more and more and more. Will be curious to see if united pays him what he demands in another year when his contract is up.

By rotting I mean wasting his career at a team that's going nowhere.

Great players like RVP deserve to be winning things or at least in with a chance of winning something every year.

United's present squad is pathetic in comparison to those of years gone by, most of the players are mediocre in comparison to other teams and nobody would ever convince me otherwise.

BUT,

They're still good enough to win the league by a significant margin, which says much about the managers of the opposition especially those with better financial resources.

As far as today's result goes United have no obligation to any other club and as their season was effectively over a few weeks ago it's not too suprising that they're now playing like they can't be bothered....why overdo it and risk injury when the job is already done?

gypsycatcha,
It sounds like he was another youngster that didn't get a fair chance at OT due to the manager's persistence with several players that any other top club would have dumped a long time ago.

United must have about 30 -35 players in the squad, i think majority of them are well below 25-26 years but already with enough PL experience of at least 30-40 matches.. thats squad depth for u
most of the players are good to walk in any top sides
there is nothing called a United Starting 11 these days, only one player picks himself for every match , RVP(ok, add Carrick as well), other including the goal keepers can all be rotated around as frequently as possible

that is also one of the reason none of the united players hav hit top form this season, only 2 players have been consistent becos of the games they continue to get,
United have faltered against the top 4-5 teams this season, had lucky wins against City and Chlesea earlier this season, which gave them momentum and then in december with chelseas fixture congestion and city missing toure and silva getting injured,they started to drop points but United won against the rest midtable teams not convincingly ,infact they lost the lead manytimes and in the end somehow managed to scrape out wins through sheer desire and a bit of luck, they always manage to pull the rabbit out the hat against lesser teams when playing badly with the one moment of brilliance,
United will prob walk the league next season too in a similar fashion because they will add another 1 quality players for 25 million maybe and another 3-4 players who will never see the pitch for another 30 million, like they did this season with Powell and WIlfred
with now companies ready to sponsor players and United Fanbase all around, they will continue to getting richer and powerful and get away with FFP or any other rule fifa puts up,
The english FA will never let United drop out because its their cashcow as well

Back