English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say I'm hoping they get Mourinho. Indeed I wonder was the timing of Fergie's retirement deliberate so they could nab him before he signs for Chelsea again.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Also the rumour that Abramovich is dragging his heels at the compensation package to bring Jose and all his staff to chelsea.

Anyway I think Fergie is doing the right thing. He has been pretty annoying over the years but man, what a legend !
Might not see someone this good for a very long time.

Well done sir Alex :clap:clap:clap

If that's the board's mentality then the club's immediate future isn't too promising.

United need a big personality.......Moyes has none.

i meant that should be the minimum target, during the transition period, the fallout could be disastorous otherwise, united has a squad so big that only being in Cl could prob keep them together or all that players have to be let go and squad depth reduced drastically

i meant that should be the minimum target, during the transition period, the fallout could be disastorous otherwise, united has a squad so big that only being in Cl could prob keep them together or all that players have to be let go and squad depth reduced drastically

The squad has needed trimming for several years as it's overflowing with crap and that is entirely down to Fergie's boneheaded persistence with certain players long after other top clubs would have dumped them.

His era will never be repeated in terms of overall success but maybe the future can see some kind of improvement at the level where Fergie underachieved ie the Champions League.

But that'll only happen if the squad is rebuilt and the club don't fall into the trap of trying to hang onto the past.

that would be a huge risk as the current set of players are mostly below 25 and been being groomed by fergie for several years
highly unlikely that all will be dismantled as soon as he is gone

that would be a huge risk as the current set of players are mostly below 25 and been being groomed by fergie for several years
highly unlikely that all will be dismantled as soon as he is gone

The problem being that several of those younger players don't have "it".

If Fergie couldn't motivate the likes of Welbeck and Cleverley into making a positive contribution then frankly nobody can....the only 2 younger players in the present squad that look certain to become great players are David de Gea and Phil Jones.

greygoose,
It'd be amusing if Jose did that but as of 6pm Sky News reported that David Moyes is meeting with Everton's chairman in London, presumably to discuss his imminent departure....I guess it's all downhill from here.

It was a great ride whilst it lasted though :)

On his Twitter page Ronaldo has posted a pic of the day he signed for United with the message "Thanks For Everything Boss" :clap

Celebrity Arsenal fan Piers Morgan has so far provided the funniest quote as he's said,

"SAF retiring is the closest thing Arsenal have had to a trophy in 8 years" :lol

:lol being an Arsenal supporter that's exactly how I felt :yess

How we have fallen 😢

A decent result for Arsenal tonight though. A draw was probably the best result we could of hoped for really. If Spurs won tonight I think they would of had one foot in for a top 4 finish.

It's far from over though. We have Wigan at home & Newcastle away both fighting for there live's

Spurs have Stoke away & Sunderland at home both fighting for there live's

And Chelsea have Villa away who are guess what? Yep fighting for there live's :lol & Everton at home which could be Dave Moyes last game & he won't want to leave on a lose.

greygoose,
It'd be amusing if Jose did that but as of 6pm Sky News reported that David Moyes is meeting with Everton's chairman in London, presumably to discuss his imminent departure....I guess it's all downhill from here.

It was a great ride whilst it lasted though :)

To be honest I've been thinking how funny it was that Moyes was going to United; United are replacing Fergie with someone who hasn't won a trophy and Everton are losing the guy who is keeping an average Everton team ticking over.

But then there's a part of me that thinks Moyes might do a good job at United. Time will tell...

:lol being an Arsenal supporter that's exactly how I felt :yess

How we have fallen 😢

A decent result for Arsenal tonight though. A draw was probably the best result we could of hoped for really. If Spurs won tonight I think they would of had one foot in for a top 4 finish.

It's far from over though. We have Wigan at home & Newcastle away both fighting for there live's

Spurs have Stoke away & Sunderland at home both fighting for there live's

And Chelsea have Villa away who are guess what? Yep fighting for there live's :lol & Everton at home which could be Dave Moyes last game & he won't want to leave on a lose.

The only good thing for us is Stoke are probably safe now but we have a shocking record against them.
The wigan result was a great one for us as they have to win now at your place.
I think we have blown it tho.
We played well tonight especially second half. Sigi popping up again to get a vital goal.
Out of our hands now.

To be honest I've been thinking how funny it was that Moyes was going to United; United are replacing Fergie with someone who hasn't won a trophy and Everton are losing the guy who is keeping an average Everton team ticking over.

But then there's a part of me that thinks Moyes might do a good job at United. Time will tell...

He may not have one a trophy but he has done an amazing job at Everton.
Im not sure id want him but he does deserve a crack at a bigger cub with money available.

Id love to see that happen too. Chelsea think hes already the manager and they have won the league lol

RagingBull,
Maybe that's Fergie's parting gift to the rest of the league, his departure will give the other contenders a better chance of winning it.

greygoose,
I think United have been punching above their weight for 2-3 years now and Fergie's motivational skills were clearly the glue that held things together.

Now that's gone, it's going to take a hell of a personality and a lot of transfer activity ( both buying and selling ) to ensure the team stays in the top 5, let alone the top 2 they've been used to for so long.

Moyes might have the personality to get some kind of success but he's not inheriting a squad that's positioned to dominate the English game for the next decade and any European success is completely out of the question unless the Glazers loosen the purse strings.

Fergie's legacy may end up being one that has left the club in real danger of slipping back into the obscurity that he dragged them from.

What's the betting's Moyes gets sacked mid season & Fergie has to step back in.
I like Moyes I just think this is to big a job for him right now.

He needs to prove his self in Europe 1st. They say he hasn't got any Champions League experience but if memory serves me right he managed to get Everton to the qualifying round of the Champion League to get knocked straight out in to the Europa. Which he got knocked straight out off to :lol

What's the betting's Moyes gets sacked mid season & Fergie has to step back in.
I like Moyes I just think this is to big a job for him right now.

He needs to prove his self in Europe 1st. They say he hasn't got any Champions League experience but if memory serves me right he managed to get Everton to the qualifying round of the Champion League to get knocked straight out in to the Europa. Which he got knocked straight out off to :lol

By that time Jose will likely have been sacked by Abramovich again so the Special One may end up at Old Trafford after all :lol

EDIT
The Daily Mail are "reporting" the following,

United CEO David Gill has apparently been in Madrid to meet with Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes.

Wayne Rooney apparently told Fergie he wanted a fresh start a fortnight ago.

If the former is true, Nike and GM better have their chequebooks ready.

As for Rooney, he can bugger off even if they don't get Ronaldo back, he's been playing like he can't be arsed for over a year and this season has clearly been sulking because RVP is now the main man.

Last edited:
Moyes isn't right for the job in my opinion. To be introduced into a top tier team of which I mean top three team, and the vast budget presented to him In scared that he wil choke. While Mourinhi has experience playing in top tier teams and I've always favoured him over Moyes because he doesn't really care about youth unless the player is as good as Varane, which I see as a positive and to be honest I never liked the Glazers.Realistically I can't see him betraying Chelsea.

But Moyes can make a top team which a limited budget which I respect and if he does become the manager than I hope that he can make an 2007-08 United team.

Sad to hear news that now Fergie's gone there no chance Ronaldo will come back. I'll be gutted if he goes to PSG or even worse, City.

Ronaldo won't go to PSG. There got nothing to offer him. Yeah they can give him more money but he's already on 500K a week. He wants to be known as the best player in the world he won't ever be that playing in the French league.

I did dismiss Ronaldo going to Utd but by the sounds of things it could happen according to reports. Fergie will still be there to encourage him to come back. I think if Real can get Bale then they'll let Ronaldo go.

I actually think Spurs should sell Bale if they get a 60 million + offer but they must invest that money in the team. I know he's been awesome this season but I just have a hunch he will fade out in 2, 3 seasons time. I'm sure Spurs supporters will disagree :lol

I have a feeling he'll have a much harder time next season but only time will tell.

Sad to hear news that now Fergie's gone there no chance Ronaldo will come back. I'll be gutted if he goes to PSG or even worse, City.

Fergie hasn't evaporated into thin air, he'll still be a huge presence at the club and wield a lot of influence especially on team matters as many of the coaching staff are his ex players....Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes will be the next additions once they retire from playing.

Whoever David Moyes brings with him from Everton will have to integrate into the United "family" pretty quickly or they won't last long.

Fergie has created a setup which has been designed to last beyond his management and he's not likely to let anyone mess it up....which is probably the reason Mourinho won't ever get the job.

EDIT
Everton have now made a statement confirming that David Moyes is leaving,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...David-Moyes-to-leave-Everton-at-end-of-season

Rooney has apparently removed the words "Manchester United player" from his Twitter page.

Real Madrid are understood to want Hernandez and not Nani as part of the Ronaldo deal....can't say I blame them :lol

Whilst I'd love him to stay a move to Madrid would be good for his career if he was guaranteed more starts and it's not like United would miss his goals with Ronaldo back in the team.

Last edited:
Back