English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
United won the league because they got more points than everyone else and took points off their main contenders ( City & Chelsea ).

It's really that simple.

The idea that the FA are conspiring to keep them on top is as laughable as the notion that their present squad is packed with talent.

Of their current squad the only players that would get in their rivals squads would be,

RVP
Vidic
Hernandez
Kagawa
Rooney
Giggs

( Maybe in a few years when they've hit their peak )
De Gea
Jones

Everyone else is average or downright awful.

That Fergie managed to win the league so easily despite such a poor collection of players at his disposal says much for his motivational skills in comparison to his so called rivals.

Getting the odd win over United is one thing, staying with them over the course of a season is another thing entirely and this season nobody could come close.

If Jose returns to Chelsea I'm sure Fergie will relish the chance of again being able to compete against someone who's actually on a similar level.

To be fair Man U just know how to consistently beat the lower teams that's why there champions. Every game I see them play they seemed to manage to grind out a result. Fergie said he will only buy 1 or 2 players this summer. If that's true they need to be world class because if Jose goes to Chelsea, Pellegrini goes to City there going to be right back up there. I remember watching Spurs batter Utd at home, a game they should of won, if they manage to keep hold of Bale & buy a quality striker & a defensive midfielder then don't wright them off either. Arsenal on the other hand are in serious need of 2 striker's, defensive midfielder, centre backs & a quality goalkeeper. There got the money but we all know what there like when it comes to spending :(

I fancy a stronger Liverpool next season to. The wont win the league but I can see them pushing into the top 4 if they buy the right players this summer.

Talking about Bale I would bet my house on Bale not going to Utd. The most likely destination IMO is Real. People talk about Barca & Bayern but they won't offer 60 million for a player & I doubt Utd will to. If he does go anywhere in the Prem my guess would be City & I'm sure there's some classy players City would throw in as part of the deal. Where who would Spurs want of Utd because I think Spurs will be looking for the best cash + player exchange for Bale & who could Utd throw in. Rooney maybe but Spurs are definitely not going to match his 250K wages.

I also think Real will only sell Ronaldo if they manage to buy Bale.

If Mourinho goes to Chelsea, I wouldn't rule out Ronaldo following him there either to be honest but I would make Utd favourites for him.

United won the league because they got more points than everyone else and took points off their main contenders ( City & Chelsea ).

It's really that simple.

The idea that the FA are conspiring to keep them on top is as laughable as the notion that their present squad is packed with talent.

Of their current squad the only players that would get in their rivals squads would be,

RVP
Vidic
Hernandez
Kagawa
Rooney
Giggs

( Maybe in a few years when they've hit their peak )
De Gea
Jones

Everyone else is average or downright awful.

That Fergie managed to win the league so easily despite such a poor collection of players at his disposal says much for his motivational skills in comparison to his so called rivals.

Getting the odd win over United is one thing, staying with them over the course of a season is another thing entirely and this season nobody could come close.

If Jose returns to Chelsea I'm sure Fergie will relish the chance of again being able to compete against someone who's actually on a similar level.
i dont know about conspiracies, but local footballing bodies of each country are always partial to the top clubs , be it barca and real,Bayern in Germany,,there will always be this partiality to help these top clubs who will most likey have some fans among their personnel too
in Uniteds case, it is now more than just a club, it has become a brand,and now they started whoring out each and every inch of their club to the highest bidders, Man united is PLs face globally,im not saying matches are rigged just that they would get preferential treatment from the FA so they can keep succeeding.
In India , cable tv came to the homes in 90s bringing with it club football something which was totally ignored before and people had only heard about maradona and pele ,,Im sure it must be for most other asian countries as well,with United success in 90s it was almost a perfect timing for them to cash in their success and that they did, United has to be the most supported Pl club in India and prob other asian countries as well and their marketing has allowed them leave their rivals far far behind, dont think any other pl club will match United success and that is why they will prob buy back Ronaldo, he is much more than a player, bringing him back is going to bring along with it a marketing blitzkrieg and more pennies into United coffer,they might actually get bale too, and sell of rooney who has lost it , it seems,

As good as Fergie has been the time is right for a change.

The squad has gradually declined in recent years due to his persistence with several players that aren't up to it and they were going noticeably backwards in European competition.

Whoever replaces him will have an impossible job but I don't think it will necessarily mean the end of United as a team that's always challenging for trophies either as whilst the squad is in decline it's not like the club is lacking in resources to rebuild and the coaching setup is good.

As for who'll replace Fergie I'm behind,

Anyone But Moyes :lol

If he gets the job I'm done watching United.

Last edited:
it looks like its moyes, even some ex utd players have been tweeting it, in one way its understandable , that they want someone young and doesnt come with a lot of baggage, like established superstar european managers, even Fergie started out the same way,
they want to continue gong forward without any drastic changes and Moyes suits the bill
Im happy it isnt Klopp, Biesla , deschamps or Rafa, all 4 are good if given a sustained stay at a a club with backing,
they will be patient with Moyes, might even expect to go a few years without winning league, the important target will be to be in top 4 , drop out once and the legacy comes crumbling crashing done

it looks like its moyes, even some ex utd players have been tweeting it, in one way its understandable , that they want someone young and doesnt come with a lot of baggage, like established superstar european managers, even Fergie started out the same way,
they want to continue gong forward without any drastic changes and Moyes suits the bill
Im happy it isnt Klopp, Biesla , deschamps or Rafa, all 4 are good if given a sustained stay at a a club with backing,
they will be patient with Moyes, might even expect to go a few years without winning league, the important target will be to be in top 4 , drop out once and the legacy comes crumbling crashing done

I'm not bothered who Utd get but it's sounding more & more like Moyes.

Utd said they'll make 2 signing this year. My money would be on Fellaini & Baines. Forget about your Bales & Ronaldo's there not coming.

That's one of the interesting things to. Can Moyes attract a big name like them over a Pep, Jose etc

Worrying thing for Utd is there shares have been dropping since the announcement. Appoint Moyes they'll drop even more. Appoint a Jose they'll rise. Jose will be at Chelsea next season though. I think that's a club he actually loves & he loved living in London so I don't think Utd is for him to be honest. Personally I would of gone for Klopp. I think he's the next big thing, I can imagine Real chasing him this summer if Jose does go.

Ex-players aren't necessarily in the know, many of them are media pundits so are just as liable to follow the hype and hysteria that's now occurring as it's part of their job.

If it is Moyes then the ABU's will finally get their wish.

Raging Bull,
Good points!

Ronaldo would probably have returned to play for Ferguson but to play for a nobody = Not happening

Fellaini and Baines would be the sort of lame additions to the squad Fergie would have made and it's likely that he'll still have his influence from his position on the board which is probably why Moyes is considered a good candidate....he'd be easy to control.

Despite being a winner Mourinho is too much of a loose cannon and would require a budget that would affect the Glazers all important profits so it's a complete non starter.

Last edited:
jose isnt right for United at this point of time, in fact no big name managers would fit at United now specially with fergie breathing down their neck all the time,
it will be a young managers without egos who will be given time to settle in, the only target would be top 4 qualification at the moment

jose isnt right for United at this point of time, in fact no big name managers would fit at United now specially with fergie breathing down their neck all the time,
it will be a young managers without egos who will be given time to settle in, the only target would be top 4 qualification at the moment

That's the crazy thing I'm hearing that the target is top 4. What? Imagine Barca saying that.

I guess there hoping Moyes is going to be successful in the long term but being an Arsenal supporter I know what it's like falling behind, before you know it all your best players are going because as a player they want to be fighting for trophies now not in the future

That's the crazy thing I'm hearing that the target is top 4. What? Imagine Barca saying that.

I guess there hoping Moyes is going to be successful in the long term but being an Arsenal supporter I know what it's like falling behind, before you know it all your best players are going because as a player they want to be fighting for trophies now not in the future

If that's the board's mentality then the club's immediate future isn't too promising.

United need a big personality.......Moyes has none.

Last edited:
Gotta say I'm hoping they get Mourinho. Indeed I wonder was the timing of Fergie's retirement deliberate so they could nab him before he signs for Chelsea again.

Last edited:
On his Twitter page Ronaldo has posted a pic of the day he signed for United with the message "Thanks For Everything Boss" :clap

Celebrity Arsenal fan Piers Morgan has so far provided the funniest quote as he's said,

"SAF retiring is the closest thing Arsenal have had to a trophy in 8 years" :lol

Back