English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
`so Mancini gone as well, so spurs arsenal and liverpool are fav to win the league next year :D

That's what their fans will be telling themselves.

The reality is more likely to be Jose taking it back to Chelsea or it'll stay in Manchester.

City's present squad isn't exactly poor and neither are the owners. With the right manager they're capable of becoming a monster.

As for United, there's this notion among some rival fans that history will repeat itself and they'll sink like Liverpool.

The fact is that since the early 90's the landscape of football has changed and a club's financial power is now a much bigger factor than it once was. United are one of the richest clubs in the world and like the other rich clubs they'll exploit the loopholes in the FFP rules to help keep them in the trophies.

The present squad isn't the greatest but the winning mentality that Fergie instilled in them won't vanish into thin air just because he's not the manager any more and they will remain very tough to beat.

the problem with United right now is they have only one marketable player,,RVP
Im guessing there will be a big name signing in the summer,
United financial clout wont let them fade away like Liverpool, but if they do something stupid like sign super expensive star players who flop and sacking and changing Managers, then the cracks will start appearing, thats why Moyes was a sensible choice rather than any superstar Manager, if it was Jose he would have first sold off half the squad and demanded new players

the problem with United right now is they have only one marketable player,,RVP
Im guessing there will be a big name signing in the summer,
United financial clout wont let them fade away like Liverpool, but if they do something stupid like sign super expensive star players who flop and sacking and changing Managers, then the cracks will start appearing, thats why Moyes was a sensible choice rather than any superstar Manager, if it was Jose he would have first sold off half the squad and demanded new players

Jose would win trophies, but he'd also nuke the structure of the club that Fergie worked so hard to build over 26 years in his first week on the job :lol

I still think that a clearout of 5-6 players should happen anyway but realistically won't.

Unless the Ronaldo deal happens I don't know which big name player they could get as Spuds probably won't sell Bale to United and Lewandowski appears to be off to Bayern Munich.

Talks on the future of Rooney are apparently being held next week, hopefully they will result in his departure as the club needs to keep moving forward without egos like his disrupting things.

I agree. I think Moyes is a sensible choice and I reckon Fergie probably see's allot of himself in Moyes when he started out.
As for payers, im not sure 5 and 6s but maybe 3 or 4 should move on. If Baines and Fellani went United, they'd make a huge difference imo. Rate both of them.

I dont even support United but even I had a very small lump in my throat. Nice touch letting him lift the trophy.

4-1 Arsenal not long left now. Mixed feelings about the result as I support Arsenal & we needed the win but at the same time I didn't want to see Wigan down. Talk about being brought back down to earth. It's cruel really, after just winning the FA Cup something they probably won't ever do again in a long long time & a few days later there relegated :(

Talking of Moyes I know I talked him down but he is the perfect fit to replace Fergie the more I think about it. I think Utd really need to sign one or 2 world class players this summer though. A winger & attacking midfielder & they should definitely sell Rooney. I think it would be best for both club & player that he left.

I'm really looking forward to next season now though. I think it could be anyone's next season.

I like Mancini but I never rated him as a manager, his European record is poor. Pellegrini would be a great signing, yeah I know it went wrong at Real for him but what he's done with Villarreal & Malaga is impressive & his teams play attractive attacking football. It won't take long for the City supporters to take to him.

We all know about Mourinho & it's sounding more & more likely that he's going to Chelsea. Especially now Real have made an approach to PSG for Ancelotti

Arsenal have got some big money coming in now & there war chest is big now. Sign 3 class players & they could really push on next season & that goes for Spurs to. If they had a class striker they would be scary.

Liverpool are coming along nicely as well. They won't win the league but I think they'll be pushing on & will be hard to beat.

Nice win by the good guys. With Newcastle already safe, I see us crushing them on Sunday. And I see spurs ending up below us once again. :lol

Once again Chelsea are playing really poor in a final but holding on. Benfica have been the much better side so far

2-1 Chelsea

Congrats to anyone who supports them. 1st team to win the Champions League & then the UEFA the following season. Credit to them they were poor in the 1st half but managed to turn it around

11 trophies in 10 years & 9 managers :lol

feel happy for Rafa, cant understand the hate or more like the taunts against him from the united and chelsea fans..
at least the chelsea hierarchy know wat they are doing, 2 appointments that bought them sucess

The Sir Alex Ferguson era ends with a suitably entertaining 5-5 draw at West Brom.

Paul Scholes bows out with a yellow card :lol

City lose to Norwich and end the season 11 points behind United :)

Arsenal pip Spuds to the last European place....will that be the excuse for Bale to move on?

David Moyes ends his Everton career by finishing ahead of Liverpool :clap

The Sir Alex Ferguson era ends with a suitably entertaining 5-5 draw at West Brom.

Paul Scholes bows out with a yellow card :lol

City lose to Norwich and end the season 11 points behind United :)

Arsenal pip Spuds to the last European place....will that be the excuse for Bale to move on?

David Moyes ends his Everton career by finishing ahead of Liverpool :clap

Good day all around. We're in the CL and Everton beat the teething, racist mugs for another year.

Good ending to another disappointing season for me. Arsenal scrapped it today but I always knew Newcastle were going to make it tuff for us. Even though there our arch-rivals I do feel for Spurs, there been the most entertaing team for me this season. I honestly didn't think we would catch them when they beat us at WHL but AW managed to scrap the results needed from then on to nick top 4.

This will be one of the most intresting close seasons at United for years.

Will Ronaldo return?
United have first option if Real decide to sell before his contract expires and the money probably won't be an issue.

Will Rooney leave?
Hopefully.

Will several Everton players follow Moyes to Old Trafford?
Fellaini should be the only one IMO.

Baines is signed sealed and delivered.
Ronaldo wants to come back to us
Rumours about Lewandowski
Question marks on Bale's Tottenham future ...
Exciting times

Fair play to Arsenal. Went on an unbeaten run from when we beat them and we cant seem to dislodge them right now.
Highest ever points total with imo a weaker squad from last season. Hope AVB stays. Hope Bale stays.

No euros. No world cup. The next few months are going to be very tough :(

Fair play to Arsenal. Went on an unbeaten run from when we beat them and we cant seem to dislodge them right now.
Highest ever points total with imo a weaker squad from last season. Hope AVB stays. Hope Bale stays.

Hear hear. August, despite the heat can't come soon enough. :impatient:

I think Bale will stay for atleast one more season but I think Spurs will have to qualify for the Champions League next season to keep him any longer than that.

I really doubt Spurs would sell Bale to Utd. I think if any team in the EPL who can get him would be Man City by offering cash & a quality player or 2 but I think Real will get him if anyone.

one player who went unnoticed prob is liverpools Coutinho, apart from the liverpool fans ofcourse, this guy is turning out to be quite the talent, only if could increase his frame and remain injury free un another 2 years prob another world class talent
since he has joined Liverpool , every game liverpool won have had some sort of contribution from him and liverpool goal tally is also the highest since jan transfer window

Back