English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Just be responsible... You are now with MU and the person in charge. When players have off days, it reflects the lack of preparedness for a major clash like a derby. You need to prepare the team well with the drive, determination, skills and strategies to face the opponents. When opponents surprise you with their new level of play, you must have the team ready to change strategies and tactics to deal with it. In this case, you failed badly - dumbfounded and did not know what to do next."
- some guy on eurosport talking about guess who

Overall a good result for the spurs today. 1-1 draw with Chelsea, I thought they might of had the win in them after the Torres red card but nope.

I have to give Moyes credit, he's managing to prove everyone who said he was wrong for the United job to be right in such spectacular fashion that he deserves some kind of special recognition from FIFA.....I suggest one of those cone shaped hats with "Dunce" written on it.

Last edited:
I think Corsair, everything you said about this current squad not being good enough the last 2 seasons is kinda making sense. Fergie clearly gave these average joes the x-factor that set them apart. Moyes at the mo, looks clueless.
Top clubs have several world class stars to set them apart. We have Rooney and RVP. The transfer nightmare we had speaks volumes about where we are right now.
Also it's doing my nut in ppl comparing Fergie's start to Moyes' let's be honest, Fergie didn't inherit a championship winning team!
Ah well... Here come the wilderness years :(

I think Corsair, everything you said about this current squad not being good enough the last 2 seasons is kinda making sense. Fergie clearly gave these average joes the x-factor that set them apart. Moyes at the mo, looks clueless.
Top clubs have several world class stars to set them apart. We have Rooney and RVP. The transfer nightmare we had speaks volumes about where we are right now.
Also it's doing my nut in ppl comparing Fergie's start to Moyes' let's be honest, Fergie didn't inherit a championship winning team!
Ah well... Here come the wilderness years :(

See how bad things are....I'm saying Nani is the least awful of the regular wingers and we're in agreement on the overall status of the squad :lol

I just see the results because I got stuck at work today. So Utd & City lose wow. It's sad to see Utd like this though but it was coming, I still can't understand how Fergie won the league so easy with such an ordinary squad with the exception of a few but Moyes has barley added to that ageing team so I'm not surprised to see there in bit of a mess. I've learnt never to write Utd off but that was because of Fergie being so good & now they have Moyes?

It's funny most of us Arsenal supporters were all doom & gloom after losing 3-1 at home against Villa but a few days later we sign Ozil & win every game since. It's a funny old game football

& no I don't think we'll win the league but it's already an exciting season. Probably thanks to Fergie retiring :yess:

It's funny most of us Arsenal supporters were all doom & gloom after losing 3-1 at home against Villa but a few days later we sign Ozil & win every game since. It's a funny old game football

& no I don't think we'll win the league but it's already an exciting season. Probably thanks to Fergie retiring :yess:

I was far from doom and gloom. You lot were ready to hang yourselves after one game. We have as good of a chance of
Winning the title as anyone.

Yeah good day to be a Gooner :duff

Not though to be a Utd supporter.
[ame]https://youtu.be/ERUJnYYRdNw[/ame]
We all have our ****ty times though :lol

Fairly happy with our result although Torres should have gone earlier. I think we would have won if he did. I still think we have another gear to go yet once Saldado starts scoring and Lamela eases his way in.

Wide open this year.

I just see the results because I got stuck at work today. So Utd & City lose wow. It's sad to see Utd like this though but it was coming, I still can't understand how Fergie won the league so easy with such an ordinary squad with the exception of a few but Moyes has barley added to that ageing team so I'm not surprised to see there in bit of a mess. I've learnt never to write Utd off but that was because of Fergie being so good & now they have Moyes?

I think it was because the other teams were poor in challenging Man Utd. As for the West Brom game, I'm more disappointed than angry. We should be beating teams like WB if as Moyes quotes, " gonna get more hits" this season. Now we're 12th and it's heart breaking to watch not United, but the champions sink like this.

EDIT:
Actually the worrying thing is despite having Nani, Kagawa, Rooney and Hernandez as our front 4, we still couldn't unlock any defenses. This is the front 4 that people have been clamoring for, for months. Couldn't create ****. That's what happens when you play Young and Valencia...oh wait!

Last edited:
I think it was because the other teams were poor in challenging Man Utd. As for the West Brom game, I'm more disappointed than angry. We should be beating teams like WB if as Moyes quotes, " gonna get more hits" this season. Now we're 12th and it's heart breaking to watch not United, but the champions sink like this.

I was only joking earlier. I'm sure Utd will pull there selves back up. A couple of win's & they'll shoot back up the league.

The Jan transfer window is going to be vital this year. Especially for Utd & Arsenal. Both teams need to reinforce

I was only joking earlier. I'm sure Utd will pull there selves back up. A couple of win's & they'll shoot back up the league.

The Jan transfer window is going to be vital this year. Especially for Utd & Arsenal. Both teams need to reinforce

United need to rebuild there whole team, all Arsenal need is a capable striker worthy of scoring around 20 goals a season.

the worrying thing is despite having Nani, Kagawa, Rooney and Hernandez as our front 4, we still couldn't unlock any defenses. This is the front 4 that people have been clamoring for, for months. Couldn't create ****. That's what happens when you play Young and Valencia...oh wait!

Rooney has only started playing like he gives a crap again so other clubs may still be intrested in him. Neither he or RVP should be factored into any plans for rebuilding the team as I don't expect them to be around beyond this season.

As a goal poacher Hernandez relies heavily on good service into the box in order to do his damage. He can't score if he doesn't get any chances to.

Kagawa's talent is beyond question, you don't achieve what he did in a league like the Bundesliga without being a very, very good player.

Barcelona didn't buy Neymar and expect him to be a goalkeeper, so why are United continually putting an attacking central midfielder on the left wing?

You'll only get the best out of a player if they're played in a role they're familiar with, it's not rocket science.

That said, there's only so much an individual can contribute, so even if Kagawa was played in a more familiar role his impact on games would still be limited by the clueless d**kheads that make up the majority of the rest of the squad.

Last edited:
It's still early days but Arsenal look like there got another very young promising player in Gnabry for only a 100K

Former goalkeeping coach Eric Steele says Moyes REJECTED FERGIE'S ADVICE :cuckoo:
https://www1.skysports.com/football...s-rejected-sir-alex-fergusons-advice-on-staff

As the man who recommended him for the job, Fergie represents the biggest ally Moyes has on the board of directors.

Past history shows that if he percieves someone as having slighted him or the club in some way they don't last long and whilst no longer manager, he still has considerable influence.

Fergie was one of the greatest managers there has ever been and has forgotten more than most people in the game will ever know.

If he gives advice, you listen to it and take at least some of it on board. You don't throw it back in his face and carry on regardless with your own agenda.

This will be the move that ultimately buries him....Fergie never forgets.

Bad news for him, good news for United fans as it means this shambolic part of the club's history probably won't last too long.

Last edited:
Back