English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www1.skysports.com/football...reveals-manchester-united-manager-david-moyes

If he does turn out to be eligible for England Moyes should tell the FA to FO.

All they'll do is throw him to the pack of wolves in the media who'll build him up as the next "savior" and then bury him when he fails to live up to their unrealistic expectations.

He'd never be used properly and like Scholes before him would always have a limited impact on the international scene due to not having enough players on the same wavelength around him....his talent would be wasted on England.

I also think this hype is premature, he's made a great start, but it was only Sunderland.

Macheda had similar hype when he emerged and look what happened there.

Giggs took 2-3 years to fully develop even with regular first team football so if he stays Januzaj should be handled in the same way.

Moyes seems to think it's a foregone conclusion that he'll sign a new deal but appears to be basing that on an old school notion of United "always being a club youngsters dream of playing for".

Maybe that's still true but it usually comes down to money in the end and if United don't get him signed up City will inevitably swoop even if they have no intention of using him.

Last edited:
Not bothered touching on defence or midfield but United do really need to step up their game to get into the top 4, let alone top 10.

At the risk of being an annoying twat I think you mean to say 'United need to step up their game to get into the top 10, let alone top 4'. :monkey3

A bit of good news for United fans,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...ini-december-wrist-injury-091951891--sow.html

With the resources that United have they could potentially have signed Eriksen AND Ozil in the summer.

They ended up with a £27.5 million donkey.

Latest transfer rumor for January is they're going to offer £15 million and Valencia for Baines.

The arrival of yet another Everton alumni is something I would be against, but on the other hand it may be worth it to get Valencia out the door.

Last edited:
What would be United's best formation though?

I would go with a 4-1-2-1-2
It would give Kagawa the CAM spot with Rooney and RVP up front.
Carrick in holding midfield with Evra/Januzaj on LM and Nani/Zaha on RM.
Defence would have Rafael, Smalling,Evans and Fabio/Buttner.

I would play Evra LM since he's been a monster and is always consistently attacking whenever United seem complacent with the ball. So better play him more up forward since he doesn't have to run back and forth a lot since his is ageing. Plus it gives Fabio/Buttner game time to improve their development. Also I never really fancied Evra and a defender, he never does well when it comes to winning back the ball.

What would be United's best formation though?

I would go with a 4-1-2-1-2
It would give Kagawa the CAM spot with Rooney and RVP up front.
Carrick in holding midfield with Evra/Januzaj on LM and Nani/Zaha on RM.
Defence would have Rafael, Smalling,Evans and Fabio/Buttner.

I would play Evra LM since he's been a monster and is always consistently attacking whenever United seem complacent with the ball. So better play him more up forward since he doesn't have to run back and forth a lot since his is ageing. Plus it gives Fabio/Buttner game time to improve their development. Also I never really fancied Evra and a defender, he never does well when it comes to winning back the ball.

:goodpost:

United better act quickly on the Januzaj contract situation as his agent has already started suggesting there's been intrest fom elsewhere,
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Adnan-Januzaj-rejects-Manchester-United.html

You don't want another Pogba situation. He's a good player.

It boggles the mind that Fergie didn't give him a proper chance yet Cleverley became a regular.

Ravel Morrison was also let go due to off the field issues and now he's starting to show what he can do.

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/414...inst-januzaj-playing-for-england?ICID=HP_BN_7

I agree with him in a way but I sense some jealousy in the air...

This is what a guy said on a Man Utd forum:

'Anyone seen Wilsheres quotes regarding Januzaj and England. Sounds like a right thick c***. Who is he to say who should and shouldn't play for England?'

This is the forum home by the way, they make a lot of fun of Valencia, Young and Nani so I think Cosair will fit right in.

https://www.redcafe.net/forum/

Last edited:
First and foremost I want United to ensure Januzaj stays.

Any international ambitions should be curbed until he's fully established at club level and he certainly shouldn't be encouraged to choose England.

Speaking of England, I awoke this morning to discover the FA's latest brainfart....they've rehired Glenn Hoddle :cuckoo:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...A-panel-to-stop-the-rot-in-national-side.html

Last time he was involved with England he made a complete prat of himself by bringing a faith healer into the setup and then sealed his fate by making some bigoted comments about disabled people.

He's also got a piss poor record as a club manager, so his qualifications for being able to help stop the rot are questionable at best.

As bad as United under Moyes are becoming, they still have a way to go before they become as much of a joke as England :lol

Last edited:
Who's watching England, Poland. It's actually an interesting game.

Shame Danny Welbeck is bit of a ****ty player because all our best chances have fallen to him so far & he's ****ed them all up :lol

I gave it 20 minutes in the hope that Poland would get a couple and then gave up.

It's bad enough watching Carrick, Welbeck and Rooney playing for a team I still have some affection for let alone one I have absolutely no desire to see do well.

I'll always support England but I view them as if I supported a Championship side. No expectations to winning anything but hopefully we can beat one of the big boys every now & then :lol

It'll be good to see us at the World Cup though if we can make it

Its depressing watching Ireland right now. We're only barely beating Kazakhstan. Not that it matters much, we're already out of the world cup.

I'll always support England but I view them as if I supported a Championship side. No expectations to winning anything but hopefully we can beat one of the big boys every now & then :lol

It'll be good to see us at the World Cup though if we can make it

England's World Cup 2014.

1.Ridiculous hype from the media and hardcore fans about this "being the year". A player ( probably that Townsend fella ) will be singled out and built up as the key to English success, a "savior" if you will.

2.The tournament starts and England scrape through the group stage with a series of unconvincing performances.

3.At some point in the knockout phase, usually the quarter finals, a penalty shootout will occur. England are out.

4."Fans" will smash TV's in pubs up and down the country, effigies of Woy Hodgson and the players will be burnt and all concerned will get ripped to pieces by the gutter press.

The joys of international football :lol

We'll struggle if we don't automatically qualify with teams like France & Portugal in the qualifying rounds. If we can't beat Poland at home what's our chances against teams like that :lol

England's World Cup 2014.

1.Ridiculous hype from the media and hardcore fans about this "being the year". A player ( probably that Townsend fella ) will be singled out and built up as the key to English success, a "savior" if you will.

2.The tournament starts and England scrape through the group stage with a series of unconvincing performances.

3.At some point in the knockout phase, usually the quarter finals, a penalty shootout will occur. England are out.

4."Fans" will smash TV's in pubs up and down the country, effigies of Woy Hodgson and the players will be burnt and all concerned will get ripped to pieces by the gutter press.

The joys of international football :lol

Nuts and Zoo will ask players ''Can we win it?''. They will respond with the same stuff they do every tournament year ''yes I think we can, when you look at the squad we have, you have to think we're in with the chance''

Ireland just got a 3rd goal. Our goals are always so messy looking, people scrabbling, legs flailing everywhere in the box. No style whatsoever.

Last edited:
Its depressing watching Ireland right now. We're only barely beating Kazakhstan. Not that it matters much, we're already out of the world cup.

It's sad to see Ireland struggling. Hopefully they'll have a new wave of fresh promising players coming through by the time the Euro Qualifiers start

Nuts and Zoo will ask players ''Can we win it?''. They will respond with the same stuff they do every tournament year ''yes I think we can, when you look at the squad we have, you have to think we're in with the chance''

There got to say that though, I guess I would say the same thing if I was a player knowing full well we haven't got a chance. The media would kill you if you were negative. On paper England have always had a strong squad, not Spain strong but strong enough to be able to cause any team trouble but they never seem to Gel. I still wish England went with Harry Redknapp, at least his teams entertain & that's what football is all about for me

Back