English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah spot on, who knows? United could unearth another star, or use the players they have now that are more than just talented cough zaha cough

Yeah spot on, who knows? United could unearth another star, or use the players they have now that are more than just talented cough zaha cough

I've not seen much of him but Januzaj sounds like a promising player for Utd. Good to see Rooney back though & scoring a goal over the w.end.

Adnan Januzaj is a very good player, very similar to the Deulofeu mould, I had mentioned about him earlier I believe in that ManU Sevilla match how he was the best player for ManU. He could easily and seamlessly fit into a Ajax or Barca youth team. Speaking of which cant wait for the CL matchup between both the clubs. Ajax and Barca are pretty much the same philosophy sharing aka Johan Cryuff Project and I hope to see a WONDERFUL match of good on touch technical playing.

Adnan Januzaj is a very good player, very similar to the Deulofeu mould, I had mentioned about him earlier I believe in that ManU Sevilla match how he was the best player for ManU. He could easily and seamlessly fit into a Ajax or Barca youth team. Speaking of which cant wait for the CL matchup between both the clubs. Ajax and Barca are pretty much the same philosophy sharing aka Johan Cryuff Project and I hope to see a WONDERFUL match of good on touch technical playing.

Yeah we all know about Barca but talking about Ajax there a great club. You hear most us having a moan about our clubs not spending enough but Ajax don't spend big but are always producing excellent players & teams. It's just a shame they haven't got the finances to keep them. I would love to see Ajax right back up there in Europe

Its not that Ajax can't keep them. Players leave for the chance of winning bigger and more things. Ajax haven't had the continental success since the early 90s and that is why now they are more a selling club. Earlier selling wasn't a problem as they had one talented youth after another.
Barca was the same for sometime only worse with the fact that lack of success drove them to sell youth players without giving them any first team chance to try fund the next marquee signing to go up over Real Madrid. The Dutch coaches of Barca (most with strong Ajax links)were still the only ones who tried to implement a more youth player promotion policy and Guardiola being the first Cryuff hand promoted youth player pushed that on. However since his departure the no. Of youths blooded has dropped and those sold increased

Liverpool vs Swansea. Most entertaining PL match of this season till date. When two teams who play open ended passing football meet each other it makes for a great viewing...

Can't wait til Cosair review of the Bayer match.

FT : United 4 - 2 Leverkusen.

- Rooney - Man of the match performance.
- Who is the no 25 ? Decent play. 1 goal 1 assist.
- Smalling - Very defensive. Great play as RB.
- Fellaini - a lot of interceptions, tackles.
- RVP - decent performance. That miss though
- Kagawa - Need this man all the time. Very creative.

Your thoughts ?

P.s ronaldos last goal, damn

Last edited:
Rooney = Out for himself first and the team second.

He could have passed to give RVP a tap in on two occasions but went for the glory himself and messed up.

I haven't liked him since he first threw his toys out the pram a couple of years back and after his more recent antics I wanted him to be sold during the last transfer window.

I won't be like all the fickle United fans and suddenly start singing his praises again because of how he's played in his games this season....the only time I will cheer anything related to him is if he leaves the club.

Valencia = Better than usual but that's really not saying a whole lot....it's time to give Zaha his chance.

Smalling = Played well.

Fellaini = In 2 appearances he's already shown he's stronger and more positive than Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley combined.

RVP = Took his goal very well and could have had a hat trick were it not for Rooney's ego. Unlucky with the miss but those things happen sometimes.

Kagawa = Some good touches in the first half but he's wasted on the left. He should be just behind the front two with Fellaini in Carrick's position.

A good result on the night but not one that makes any difference to my feeling that United shouldn't even have entered this season's competition as they're 4-5 decent players short of being able to challenge for the trophy.

Last edited:
Good start for Arsenal last night in the Champs Lge but so far to go yet in our group. It's going to be a tuff group to get out off.

Great day for Swansea today beating Valencia 3-0 away. I bet Swansea supporters loved that one.

Spurs tonight. I'm going to be watching it with my Spurs fanatic Dad-In-Law

Sunday: United 1-2 City

I think today will be interesting, it's must win time for Chelsea after losing twice in the last week.

Good start for Arsenal last night in the Champs Lge but so far to go yet in our group. It's going to be a tuff group to get out off.

Great day for Swansea today beating Valencia 3-0 away. I bet Swansea supporters loved that one.

Spurs tonight. I'm going to be watching it with my Spurs fanatic Dad-In-Law

Started very well . Ramsey looks like a different player at the moment. Would be worried if Giroude took an injury.

I think we may have got the bargain of the season in Eriksen.Wonderful talent at 21.
Lamela looks very gifted aswell. Much more to come from him.

I reckon it will be 1 -1

Will be a tight game which both teams will not want to lose. Maybe Similar to the chelsea game.

One or two more losses and Mourinho will be out as Chelsea boss though.

Not likely.

2 defeats is hardly the crisis that the media are trying to portray it as and at this stage of the season is easily recoverable especially with the quality that they have in their squad.

Not likely.

2 defeats is hardly the crisis that the media are trying to portray it as and at this stage of the season is easily recoverable especially with the quality that they have in their squad.

I meant two more in addition to the two losses this past week. Chelsea won today so it's irrelevant now anyways, but if they had dropped 4 in a row.....

Not likely.

I wouldn't use the word crisis but by not adding a decent world class striker to their squad may cost them.
They also have to many players that are the same which could potentially bring a bad atmosphere to the dressing room when they are not selected.

I meant two more in addition to the two losses this past week. Chelsea won today so it's irrelevant now anyways, but if they had dropped 4 in a row.....

That certainly wouldn't have put Jose in a good position, but it's still early days yet.

gypsycatcha,
If Chelsea had offered something like £40 million for Rooney I think United would ( and should ) have let him go.

The oddest decison I think Mourinho has made since his return was letting Lukaku go on loan to Everton :cuckoo:

Ozil has had more assists with his two games with arsenal than any other player has with five games played. Very impressive.

United look crap. I like moyes but wow... Shambolic defending.

Back