English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else see United title defence or even top 5 hopes slipping away?

If you genuinely thought that spineless shower of **** had any chance of defending their title without Fergie you were severely overestimating their ability.

Fergie was the only manager on the planet capable of motivating such a poor group of players into playing like world beaters.

Moyes has turned the club to a laughing stock in less than 4 months in the job.

He doesn't belong, neither do the coaches he brought with him and neither do 6-7 of the current first team squad including the one signing he managed to make during the most shambolic transfer window in the club's history.

Last edited:
Full time : Man Utd 1 Man City 4

Can't wait for cosairs views in the match. To sum it up, United played so bad I started to tear up.

Edit: seems we posted at the same time lol, question on my mind of many was, why not kagawa? Zaha? Must have been a reason, Moyes isn't that stupid. Now I know why ronaldo didn't want to come back :D . Rooney's free kick was the best goal out of the 5.

Full time : Man Utd 1 Man City 4

Can't wait for cosairs views in the match. To sum it up, United played so bad I started to tear up.

Edit: seems we posted at the same time lol, question on my mind of many was, why not kagawa? Zaha? Must have been a reason, Moyes isn't that stupid. Now I know why ronaldo didn't want to come back :D . Rooney's free kick was the best goal out of the 5.

I switched the TV off when the second goal went in. Without RVP and Hernandez continuing to be left to rot on the bench, more than a single goal was never likely.

Moyes IS that stupid.

Only a complete idiot ( and Fergie ) would take a guy who was a big success in the Bundesliga and proceed to play him out of position or repeatedly leave him on the bench in favor of lesser quality players.

In addition to the few glimpses we've seen of him at United I've watched highlights from his Dortmund career and I understand why their fans have started a "Free Shinji" campaign, it's disgusting that a player of that ability has been treated the way he has since coming to the club.

Januzaj & Zaha are both young and unlike Dumb, Dumber and Even Dumber appear to have a bit of talent and the ability to learn from any mistakes.

There's nothing to lose by giving them a chance now and everything to gain as if they make it that would mean future transfer money ( if there is any ) could go towards rebuilding the creaking defence and further boosting the central midfield.

But for whatever reason, they're being left in a similar position to Kagawa and Hernandez and there's already been rumors of Januzaj being snapped up by City due to a contract dispute.

If he did leave then I could hardly blame him as the present future for him at United seems uncertain.

Last edited:
Wow Utd looked so poor today. It's still early days but Moyes will need to win some games & quick or the fans will really be breathing down his neck after today's performance but get a few wins & all will be forgotten. For awhile anyway

The sad thing is watching Everton play under Martinez & already they look so much better as a team than when Moyes was coaching them & a better style of football as well

Wow Utd looked so poor today. It's still early days but Moyes will need to win some games & quick or the fans will really be breathing down his neck after today's performance but get a few wins & all will be forgotten. For awhile anyway

The sad thing is watching Everton play under Martinez & already they look so much better as a team than when Moyes was coaching them & a better style of football as well

It's not just wins he needs, it's wins against decent opposition.

Beating the likes of Swansea and Palace impresses nobody but the terminally stupid element of the United support as they genuinely think there's nothing wrong with the squad.

Reality however says otherwise,

A point against Chelsea and nothing from the games with Liverpool and City is a pitiful showing especially when you look at the manner of both the defeats.

Losing a close fought contest sucks but at least has some dignity about it but they never looked like troubling Liverpool or City.

On present form Arsenal and Spuds will tear them to pieces and smaller teams will increasingly fancy their chances.

United's blood is in the water and the sharks are circling.

Last edited:
So Di Canio is the 1st manager to get the sack in the Prem just 5 games in.

I think we all see that one coming sooner or later though :lol

So Di Canio is the 1st manager to get the sack in the Prem just 5 games in.

I think we all see that one coming sooner or later though :lol

Yeah, he was a decent player but seems to be all mouth and no results as a manager.

As things stand I know who my money would be on for the next PL manager to get the sack.

If Moyes loses again to Liverpool in the League Cup game then the theory I had during pre-season about him being sacked by Christmas and Fergie having to temporarily return to handle the damage control will suddenly look a lot less fanciful.

EDIT,
The latest odds for Moyes being sacked are 20/1.

Last edited:
Barca have less possession than a team
Balotelli Misses a Penalty
Mikel scores a goal
Messi doesnt score
Arsenal top of the table
Bayern playing furious press and perfect passing like Barcelona of 4 years back
Robben passing inside the penalty box to setup goals.

The last few days have had some of the most unexpected things ever.

Barca have less possession than a team
Balotelli Misses a Penalty
Mikel scores a goal
Messi doesnt score
Arsenal top of the table
Bayern playing furious press and perfect passing like Barcelona of 4 years back
Robben passing inside the penalty box to setup goals.

The last few days have had some of the most unexpected things ever.

That's what makes football so interesting. Anything can happen. Seeing Arsenal & Spurs joint top is crazy but at the same time were just 5 games in & other than facing each other neither team have yet played any of the big guns, just mid table teams who they should beat but I think both teams should have good seasons. I have a feeling the Prem is going to be a crazy roller coaster ride this season. I can't see anyone running away with it.

Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool.

8 changes from the team that started against City and United looked a lot brighter as a result, particularly in midfield and at the back.

It was great to see Rafael back, he put in a typically energetic performance.

Smalling had a nightmare on Sunday but was much better at centre back this evening, his best game for a long time. If he can stay fit and maintain that kind of form then it's a definite bonus for the squad.

Buttner made the most of his chance and looked decent all evening. With Baines still a possible target in January and his current backup playing like this Evra has to be aware his days are numbered.

Kagawa finally got a start and despite being played out of position had some great touches. During the second half he made a great burst from midfield that ended with a shot that was only just over....exactly the kind of thing that's been lacking from United's midfield for far too long and he should be starting every game.

Nani screwed up a fair bit but did have a few nice touches and showed some urgency which is more than Young or Valencia ever do. For now he is probably the lesser of 3 evils.

Hernandez showed yet again that he is in a completely different league to Welbeck, one clear chance and he took it. He remains one of the few members of the current squad that I enjoy watching because he always looks a threat, especially when he's inside the box as he only needs to steal a yard and he's in.

Last edited:
"he is probably the lesser of 3 evils"

your comments always gets to me :rotfl

I figure I may as well find some humor in United's crappy squad.

As for funny comments Martin Tyler on Sky said this about Suarez,

"The Uruguayan is beavering away"

Which leads me to believe he may have seen this,

:lol

Back