English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
England always have a strong squad but they suffer from the same thing that plagues teams like Holland and Argentina... they dont show complete team work.
Instead leave it up for a couple of players to dominate and change the game singlehanded... sadly that cant happen every match.

The problem with the "England have a good squad on paper" argument is that the game tends to be played on grass.

In the last 20 years they have produced no more than 3-4 world class players and they presently have none, they don't even have any players that can be described as very good, let alone ones that are likely to cause the best in the world any problems.

The problem with the "England have a good squad on paper" argument is that the game tends to be played on grass.

In the last 20 years they have produced no more than 3-4 world class players and they presently have none, they don't even have any players that can be described as very good, let alone world beaters.

Come on there got plenty of players who you can be described as very good.

It's world class players which we lack but there's not many teams who can boast of having a bunch of world class players though. Your lucky to have just one to be honest but you won't win anything without at least 3 world class players & unit of very good players around them.

Come on there got plenty of players who you can be described as very good.

It's world class players which we lack but there's not many teams who can boast of having a bunch of world class players though. Your lucky to have just one to be honest but you won't win anything without at least 3 world class players & unit of very good players around them.

All the so called "names" have done nothing when it really counts ie in the big tournaments.

They're all paid so much that none of 'em care about the national side unless they need to use it as a platform to keep themselves in the spotlight.

Look at Shrek, his sudden change in attitude isn't about wanting to become United's main man again, or England's World Cup chances, it's about his next big payday.

Last edited:
Club football is back!

Predictions?

United should win the next four games but speaking realistically I'm guessing a 2-2 draw with Southampton.

-so disappointing

-never looked threatening after the first goal was scored

-southampton probably deserved a win

-united poor and struggling

-11th?

-welbeck.

to moyes,

Disappointing, really disappointing. I don't understand the hype about Rooney, doesn't anyone see how ineffective he is? He loses the ball countless of times, almost every time he gets the ball, he loses it. Fellaini is definitely not worth the 27.5 million paid for him. He's quite useless, doesn't create and doesn't do anything constructive. Furthermore, he is extremely slow. Next, on the substitutions. Giggs for Nani...seriously? Nani was doing fine, and if anyone was to come in for him, it definitely should not be Giggs. Kagawa? Zaha? Wouldn't any of these two be a better choice? Giggs is really too old. Then Welbeck comes in. Lovely, another great substitution. Why is he continually being played? Just because he's English he keeps playing? What rubbish. Choose your starting eleven wisely Moyes. I don't understand your choices at the moment. You are too afraid of taking chances.

cant wait to hear corsair's input

-good win for arsenal, they are looking like pm winners already

-madrid again barely scraping past a mid-team

Last edited:
so disappointing

Well you did predict a draw. I did think they would win this one though but Southampton are an excellent team so it was never going to be an easy 3 points.

Ozil is now starting to score some goals for Arsenal, so happy Arsenal managed to get him.

It's been a really good season so far. The league is tight & anyone can beat anyone. West Ham, City next & Spurs play tomorrow

Well you did predict a draw. I did think they would win this one though but Southampton are an excellent team so it was never going to be an easy 3 points.

Ozil is now starting to score some goals for Arsenal, so happy Arsenal managed to get him.

It's been a really good season so far. The league is tight & anyone can beat anyone. West Ham, City next & Spurs play tomorrow

true, true and true

i dont know the reason why i keep staying up late to watch united play anymore, its heartbreaking
:monkey1

All the so called "names" have done nothing when it really counts ie in the big tournaments.

They're all paid so much that none of 'em care about the national side unless they need to use it as a platform to keep themselves in the spotlight.

Look at Shrek, his sudden change in attitude isn't about wanting to become United's main man again, or England's World Cup chances, it's about his next big payday.

The experienced one's have won plenty of medals club wise domestic & European wise.

Your got to remember international football is so different to club football. Spain have always had talented players, amazing players but failed tournament after tournament for decades but suddenly a batch of players came along who gelled together & have now dominated the past 3 tournaments. There's only 2 international tournaments every 4 years

By January I think Adnan Januzaj will be wishing he hadn't signed that contract because the only future he's got at United is mid-table obscurity.

De Gea, Vidic, Kagawa, Zaha, Hernandez, RVP and Shrek should all get out ASAP.

United are done.

-so disappointing

-never looked threatening after the first goal was scored

-southampton probably deserved a win

-united poor and struggling

-11th?

-welbeck.

to moyes,

Disappointing, really disappointing. I don't understand the hype about Rooney, doesn't anyone see how ineffective he is? He loses the ball countless of times, almost every time he gets the ball, he loses it. Fellaini is definitely not worth the 27.5 million paid for him. He's quite useless, doesn't create and doesn't do anything constructive. Furthermore, he is extremely slow. Next, on the substitutions. Giggs for Nani...seriously? Nani was doing fine, and if anyone was to come in for him, it definitely should not be Giggs. Kagawa? Zaha? Wouldn't any of these two be a better choice? Giggs is really too old. Then Welbeck comes in. Lovely, another great substitution. Why is he continually being played? Just because he's English he keeps playing? What rubbish. Choose your starting eleven wisely Moyes. I don't understand your choices at the moment. You are too afraid of taking chances.

cant wait to hear corsair's input

-good win for arsenal, they are looking like pm winners already

-madrid again barely scraping past a mid-team

I haven't seen the games yet because we don't get to see 3pm kicks off's annoyingly over here but I'm not sure what to think of Utd right now. I do rate Rooney, I think he's an excellent player but I don't think Utd's style suits him.

I don't get nothing out of seeing Utd struggling except for seeing RVP's miserable face after ever game after more dropped points. I'm still gutted he left us :(

I thought it was going to be tuff this season but I didn't think they would struggle like this. There become one of them teams which are hard to beat but aren't winning many.

A bit like Everton under Moyes :lol

Arsenal as much as I hate to say this won't win the league. Were had an excellent start with the exception of the Villa game but we'll see how good they really are when they go to Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Anfield etc

Just see the stats

United 1 - 1 Southampton

Shots On 5 - 5
Shots Off 5 - 9
Possession 46% - 54%

I remember when teams would go to Old Trafford thinking you will get one may be two chances & you will need to take them but it's not looking that way anymore.

They were just saying on Sky Sports that Fellaini looks lost & out of place at Utd at the moment

Just see the stats

United 1 - 1 Southampton

Shots On 5 - 5
Shots Off 5 - 9
Possession 46% - 54%

I remember when teams would go to Old Trafford thinking you will get one may be two chances & you will need to take them but it's not looking that way anymore.

They were just saying on Sky Sports that Fellaini looks lost & out of place at Utd at the moment

Are you a Man Utd fan Steve?
I could go right off you here mate :wink1: :lol

By January I think Adnan Januzaj will be wishing he hadn't signed that contract because the only future he's got at United is mid-table obscurity.

De Gea, Vidic, Kagawa, Zaha, Hernandez, RVP and Shrek should all get out ASAP.

United are done.

There's 7 exceptional players there how about Moyes build a team around them, if he can? I can see Kagawa & Zaha going though all your hearing from them two is frustration. If Hernandez goes Utd have messed up big time

Back